Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking to improve my eidolons

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

So I want to get better. Watched some videos but honestly they are either stuff I already know or do, or they are so visually cluttered it's hard to tell what's going on.

I use 177 with eternal onslaught and eradicate, magus repair and forgot my fourth. Operator performance seems fine. 

Volt Prime, rubico, aoe secondary and guandau prime.

Volt has four red shards, 3xStrength and 1xDuration, eclipse is subsumed. IIRC the fifth is blue for more energy. Duration allows my shield to last up to three attacks if I take out a limb fairly quickly. No shocktrooper. 

Rubico prime with deadhead

Secondary is to group vaporize voms with lures tethered to quickly clear the air of voms

Guandao i sometimes use if the eidolon has stood up and I don't want my aoe secondary to accidentally kill the eido before I have enough lures charged. Modded for electric.

Ok. Questions...

Seems in a pub squad i will have eclipse and void strike cast and someone will insta limb a different limb. How? I have eclipse, I have VS, I have my shield and three strength shards. How are they beating me? 

Sometimes in a pub squad it seems like they are taking out every limb oneshot. For me I have to wait for VS to cooldown, so the secondlimb requires switch to Rubico. Again how are they instalimbing every limb?. Ive seen vids where guys do something like voidsling into the ground repeatedly? to "recharge" voidsteike. How does one recharge void strike?

Vastilok / redeemer. I have both. Hiw does one use these properly? Do you use it before taking out shields?

#7 propa. This NEVER does a damn thing. I have to raplak for anything to happen. I never use propa anymore because all it does is self stagger. I have stood right up on the leg and propa does ZERO. what am i missing?

17 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Seems in a pub squad i will have eclipse and void strike cast and someone will insta limb a different limb. How? I have eclipse, I have VS, I have my shield and three strength shards. How are they beating me? 

I use roar instead of eclipse and if I remember correctly, eclipse won't work the way you'd want it too in plains since it is night.

Oh, and make sure you have your rubico combo building up by shooting the eidolon. You get a massive crit damage multiplier when you get high enough on sniper combo. That could be what you are missing.

Also I do not think eidolons have a head so you aren't really getting anything from deadhead. I would suggest merciless for the reload speed bonus.

Have some ammo restores to keep topped with ammo.

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

They do not participate in the shield breaking at all but are ready pre-aimed into the limb they want to break and shoot it instantly when the shield breaks. Damagewise there maybe some externnal crit buffs (Adarza, Harrow), Rivens, many weapons are now viable to 1shot a limb - including Necramech Voidrig Arquebex. there may be be Vex Armor Chroma. Usually it is someone else that focuses on shield breaking and someone else does the limbs. 

Deadhead is kinda meh because you are not headshotting anything during the fight and will not stack it and the headshot multi only works in final showdown. Most people use Dexterity. Also most people use non stacking mods (Split Chamber instead of Galvanised one).

As the guy above said: Rubico, make sure you use the second zoom (you change zooms with alt fire when zoomed), shoot the Eidolon numerous time even when its shields are up to keep your combo (headshots increase the combo faster). There are 2 good arcanes for this: reload one (Momentum) and the fire rate one (Acceleration), there is also Nullifier that is convenience (you can simply void mode the magnetic aoe and your WF is not affected by it), if you do not want to rely on Harrow. Other option to keep being stocked with ammo is Carrier Sentinel (Prime version is the most durable Sentinel there is and has https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ammo_Case )

Again how are they instalimbing every limb?. Ive seen vids where guys do something like voidsling into the ground repeatedly? to "recharge" voidsteike. How does one recharge void strike?

They are spending all their operator energy for the https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eternal_Onslaught activation. You keep saying limbing and libs, when you mean breaking shields. But it does not mean that. Breaking shields is operator activity. Breaking limbs is warframe activity. You keep mixing those.

Vastilok / redeemer. I have both. Hiw does one use these properly? Do you use it before taking out shields?

You utilise https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shattering_Impact  Have in mind it will not work on Redeemer at all because the shooting portion of its damage is purely Blast and does not proc it. Vastilok is great and a direct upgrade from a good ol Sarpa. You want a lot of attack speed, preferably with High Noon stance (its 1st attack in neutral E combo has quick double shot). You want to make sure you strip 90+ of the armor and not full (thankfully DE made the Armor indicator and you do not have to do Julia Roberts calculations). If you drop full armor your Radiation stops doing extra 75% dmg (multiplcative) and instead Eidolon HP becomes red and Robotic (just 25% rad bonus).

My Vastilok build: Fury (Primed), Vice, Quickening, Shatt. Impact, Vicious Scourge, Virt Frost (viral primer), volcaninc edge (heat primer), lastinng stinng (overall primer). I run High Noon on all my gunblades. I use it also in missions to armor strip Demos and Eximus and it refereshes my viral stacks & "heat inherit" as well and make them last forever.

You can use it any time you want. Shields do not prevent armor strip. The armor stripping effect from Shatt Impact is permament.

#7 propa. This NEVER does a damn thing. I have to raplak for anything to happen. I never use propa anymore because all it does is self stagger. I have stood right up on the leg and propa does ZERO. what am i missing?

They nerfed alt 7 fire while ago it does not register multiple hits any more and the fall off is too high. You have to aim it in center mass in certain Eido position for it to do anything. If you hold control before the detonation your crouch void invisibility prevents the stagger. Unairu wisps also exist (unairu has stagger prevention inconporated into school).

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

You keep saying limbing and libs, when you mean breaking shields. But it does not mean that. Breaking shields is operator activity. Breaking limbs is warframe activity. You keep mixing those

No, i mean using operator to take out limbs. That's what i do. I only use rubico when i don't have VS active. Rubico is much slower due to having to switch then aim again and usually i need a few shots due to not having th stacks. Prior headshots for stacks is something i wasn't doing though. Thx

They nerfed alt 7 fire while ago

Good to know. Did not realize.

You can use it any time you want. Shields do not prevent armor strip. The armor stripping effect from Shatt Impact is permament

Ok good to know. Will try to use it just after the magnetic discharge.

3 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Oh, and make sure you have your rubico combo building up by shooting the eidolon. You get a massive crit damage multiplier when you get high enough on sniper combo. That could be what you are missing

I believe so thx.

3 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

use roar instead of eclipse and if I remember correctly, eclipse won't work the way you'd want it too in plains since it is night

I hear the opposite. Eclipse is good at night and is a 2.8x damage multiplier and roar is less

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418
Grammar

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I hear the opposite. Eclipse is good at night and is a 2.8x damage multiplier and roar is less

It may be less but roar can be activated at any point for max effectiveness, but for eclipse you need to stand in light. Which also means that because it is night during eidolon hunts their ain't much light to get the damage bonus. Light = damage, dark = armor. Roar is normally enough for me anyways so I guess if it works then use it

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Also Eclipse is additive with %dmg sources like Serration/Arcane Merciless, while Roar is an extra multiplier (like Faction mod). Eclipse only affects the user (unless augumented with Total Eclipse) Roar is squad wide (within range).

That's what i do. I only use rubico when i don't have VS active. Rubico is much slower due to having to switch then aim again and usually i need a few shots due to not having th stacks. Prior headshots for stacks is something i wasn't doing though. Thx

Why break limbs with operator? You use it to break shields so that eidolon Invul shield go down and his limbs are susceptible to damage. How is it slow?

It is literally: 5, aim in the limb's general direction, rmouse+lmouse (quick scope), keep spamming lmouse (with 90% fire rate it goes brrr). It takes me split second, I can even compete with scumbags (who do not bother with shield phase) who are already preaiming the limb and prefiring it. For you it is long? Having an exilus that removes zoom helps with aiming in close combat scenario. I am using https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Aero_Periphery but many people prefer https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ambush_Optics (i do not see why, it is worse in every aspect)

As for sniper combo mechanics, here is the direct quote from wiki:

• The Rubico Prime requires only a single shot to activate its Shot Combo Counter, giving it an immediate 1.5x total damage multiplier after the first shot, and a 2.0x total damage multiplier after its third shot, giving it the ability to quickly ramp up its damage with a single magazine. On the other hand, it has a shot counter that decays by 1 shot every 2.0 seconds, thus reloading at 2.0 seconds will always decay the shot combo counter by 1 if there are no reload mods present.
    • With Mod TT 20px Harkonar Scope or Arcane Momentum, it's possible to maintain the Rubico's shot combo counter through reloads.
    • The combo multiplier starts at 1.5x on the first shot and requires triple the amount of shots to reach each consecutive tier.

Multiplier=1.5+0.5⌊log3⁡(Combo hits)⌋{\displaystyle \mathrm {Multiplier} =1.5+0.5\lfloor \log _{3}(\mathrm {Combo\ hits} )\rfloor }

Combo Counter Bonus Tier Total Base Damage Multiplier Minimum Consecutive
Hits Required
1 1.5x 1
2 2.0x 3
3 2.5x 9
4 3.0x 27
5 3.5x 81
6 4.0x 243
7 4.5x 729
8 5.0x 2187

No, i mean using operator to take out limbs.

Maybe here is the problem? Because you are using operator for both tasks and you do not have cooldowns ready for both?

As for my operator setup, I am in no means a hardcore Eidolon hunter (got 300ish 3caps) and already got all stuff i needed from there in Operations Scarlett Spear/Orphix, so I run it casually, when people need someone to carry them. I run 777 with Shadow + Logistics. I find Klamora useful in most situations, not only Eidolons. And i cba changing setups for Eidolons only.

Edited by Zakkhar

I can't tell from your post just how invested you are into the videos you are following and trying to follow it to copy the builds they are posting or if you actually following the video with your own gameplay experience to learn why they do what they do. Like always operator shooting behind a Volt Shield which also stops Propa self-stagger. Or going rad for rubico prime etc.

This written guide is what I use. The Eidolon Wiki. This should avoid the visual clutter since it is mostly in text form.

As for your questions:

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Other buffs might be the answer, Shock Trooper is a common one on Volt, Voidrig 4 also insta-shots. Roar and Eclipse stacking, building up combo etc. They just have more experience at one-shots and can get the timing better.

Sometimes in a pub squad it seems like they are taking out every limb oneshot. For me I have to wait for VS to cooldown, so the secondlimb requires switch to Rubico. Again how are they instalimbing every limb?. Ive seen vids where guys do something like voidsling into the ground repeatedly? to "recharge" voidsteike. How does one recharge void strike?

Propa scaffold, with onslaught and volt shield buff is how your do it, onslught needs to have your energy drained so that is what its being done with void sling or pressing 2.The problem is you have to super precise for this, I still can't do this. And as mentioned before other buffs play a role into one-shotting the limbs here even without void strike. Propa also comes with delayed damage making it so that you are waiting for shields to break you are already in a Warframe. Vazarin and making lures invuln is also a reason to voidsling around.

Two reasons, shattering impact to reduce eidolon armor for more damage. Or Redeemer prime for dps on limbs, just have to be wary of the gunblade's range.

Ugh, yeah. I feel you on this one. I know what it does, I know why but I don't use it on my hunts. The propa is the reason why the eidolon community is so elite, when the community have created programs just for the sole purpose of timing propa shots you know that you have to elite and mega precise in your timing and positioning to use it.

The self-stagger can be avoided by standing behind volt shield, and with me using different frames in favor of lure control this is why I am personally trying to find a different scaffold to use. Once you've avoided this self-stagger you can see just how much damage it is dealing.

The reason this weapon is used is for one main reason, it is the highest DPS weapon to deal operator damage to eidolons, no other amps can one-shot eidolons without void strike at the moment, at least not the extent of requiring even more setup than the propa which is saying something when the propa already requires multiple precise steps to one-shot. The niche reason is the delayed explosion which is able to deal all the damage instantly as soon as it becomes vulnerable.

I have eclipse, I have VS, I have my shield and three strength shards. How are they beating me? 

they Clicked first. normally in Multiplayer someone would cover Shields and someone would cover Health, anyways. taking turns like that makes it go a lot faster.

by the way, while Deadhead will certainly work for the final Health Phase, it won't for the Limbs. up to you if you want to focus on the final Phase, but for a 'generic' Arcane choice, most would usually use Merciless for the Reload Speed. or if you really wanted Damage then uhhh, you'd probably use Plated Round. it's not a lot of Damage, but since stacking Kills is hard to do with Eidolons, there aren't many choices.

Sometimes in a pub squad it seems like they are taking out every limb oneshot. For me I have to wait for VS to cooldown, so the secondlimb requires switch to Rubico.

i don't follow. aren't you using your Rubico for the Health Phase?

No, i mean using operator to take out limbs. That's what i do. I only use rubico when i don't have VS active. Rubico is much slower due to having to switch then aim again and usually i need a few shots due to not having th stacks. Prior headshots for stacks is something i wasn't doing though. Thx

oh
uh, if you don't use the Elemental conversion Arcanes to convert your Void Damage(and trade for less Void Damage ofc, so sacrifices some efficiency for Shield Phase), spacekid will be pretty slow on the Health Phase. i can't possibly imagine it's faster to munch away with your Amp than it is to hit Transference and then click once or maybe twice with your Gun. switching back to your Warframe takes like half a Second.
normally Players would be dumping some Ammo into the Eidolon during the screams (since you have nothing to do then anyways) to keep the Hit Counter on their Sniper Rifle built up. it's easy enough to keep a 2.5x Multiplier without having to spam too much.

it'll deal AoE Damage as long as the Timebomb is within Range of the Eidolon when it detonates. it'll fly a specific distance from you and hover until it detonates. if the Eidolon is close to it, it'll take Damage.
to help reliability, try shoot it up towards the Eidolons' Hips, rather than close to the ground.
as mentioned, hold Crouch while firing it so that you automatically dip back into stealth after firing, that'll protect you from hitting yourself. also being behind Electric Shield will protect you too.

50 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Also Eclipse is additive with %dmg sources like Serration/Arcane Merciless, while Roar is an extra multiplier (like Faction mod). Eclipse only affects the user (unless augumented with Total Eclipse) Roar is squad wide (within range).

Eclipse is a Final Multiplier, and so is technically stronger than Roar when DoT's aren't applicable (like Eidolons, who do not take Status Effects). it's just not completely reliable since it's nighttime.

8 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

The propa is the reason why the eidolon community is so elite, when the community have created programs just for the sole purpose of timing propa shots you know that you have to elite and mega precise in your timing and positioning to use it.

So i swear I hit the eidolon with it but it doesn't explode. I can see it fly "through" the leg. Im not sure what's going on so i stopped using its altfire.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you don't use the Elemental conversion Arcanes to convert your Void Damage(and trade for less Void Damage ofc, so sacrifices some efficiency for Shield Phase), spacekid will be pretty slow on the Health Phase. i can't possibly imagine it's faster to munch away with your Amp than it is to hit Transference and then click once or maybe twice with your Gun. switching back to your Warframe takes like half a Second

I do use rubico when i don't have VS. What I'm wondering is how it seems some others are able to one shot while in op mode. I assume with all the replies it is simply a shooter in squad who pre-aima and shoots the moment shields are down. 

Players would be dumping some Ammo into the Eidolon during the screams (since you have nothing to do then anyways) to keep the Hit Counter on their Sniper Rifle built up. it's easy enough to keep a 2.5x Multiplier without having to spam too much

This is one thing i haven't been doing. 

Eclipse is a Final Multiplier, and so is technically stronger than Roar when DoT's aren't applicable (like Eidolons, who do not take Status Effects). it's just not completely reliable since it's nighttime

Ive noticed yeah. Maybe ill try roar. 

8 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

can't tell from your post just how invested you are into the videos you are following and trying to follow it to copy the builds they are posting or if you actually following the video with your own gameplay experience to learn why they do what they do

Just looking for tips. I can already run eidolons and have thousands of extra shards. Just want to get better as some of the details escape me. Maybe using vastilok and watching my rubico counter is already goong to be a big help.

8 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

777 with Shadow + Logistics. I find Klamora useful in most situations

I do have 777 components ready to go already but 177 has allowed me to one shot upper limbs due to the focused beam so that's why I lean on that (as well as angels in zariman).

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I do use rubico when i don't have VS. What I'm wondering is how it seems some others are able to one shot while in op mode. I assume with all the replies it is simply a shooter in squad who pre-aima and shoots the moment shields are down. 

yes, probably :)
some other Player is trying to be helpful and being ready for the Health Phase since you're taking care of the Shield Phase. 

they could be using spacekid, but it's just so much harder to do that than to use a Gun or a Gunblade or a Mech or so many other things that they're probably just using a Gun or w/e.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

they could be using spacekid, but it's just so much harder to do that than to use [•••] a Gunblade

Man, i forgot how much i hate gun blades. Ugh. Not only do I hate the vastilok so far but now my "process" is all screwed up trying to remember to use it. Totally messing me. LOL

However. I do notice a couple headshots w rubico in final capture makes a difference. Not sure how to do that with a limb. Take down shields then switch to wf then shoot head twice then shoot limb?

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

However. I do notice a couple headshots w rubico in final capture makes a difference. Not sure how to do that with a limb. Take down shields then switch to wf then shoot head twice then shoot limb?

hm? what do you have Equipped that triggers off of a Headshot hit?
Arcane Rage, i guess? if so, then i'd refresh buffs like that during the scream before the Shield Phase. since you have nothing to be doing then anyways.

Others have pretty much already covered what I would suggest. I would only emphasis the importance of combo with the Rubico. Also, reminder the different scope levels have a difference in damage as well. That can be overlooked as well. Shooting the Eidolon even when its not able to take damage, so when it does, you are in max combo, as well as being zoomed in, gives you more DPS. 

As far as X77, there is a certain position (to by best understanding at least), where you want to position yourself, in front of the Eidolon, at a certain distance, to use the Propa. Now, personally, since I am usually carrying less experienced Eidolon hunters or going solo, we aren't out there trying to break speed records, I personally prefer 127, and using the Shraksun instead. Which also requires certain specific positioning, but to me, its way easier and more forgiving. You just need to be beside and under the Eidolon. You can shoot up its legs, and plus be in a good convenient spot to hit its synovia on its back. 

Another thing to remember with Void Strike, is that the buff lasts 8 seconds. You shred through the Eidolons shields fast enough, which is pretty easy with the right positioning, Amp etc and sounds like you do, well the buff can still applies when you are shooting at the synovia. I more regularly one shot/two shot limbs/synovia with Rubico when I use Voidstrike then when I don't (when its on cool down).

Also just hitting the Eidolon somewhere will build combo. Multishot helps too, but thats important for Eidolon builds anyway, so I assume you are already building for that. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

where you want to position yourself, in front of the Eidolon, at a certain distance, to use the Propa

I was in a squad of three and I *think* I got propa to work once where the last eidolon usually comes up at the south end of the lake. Not 100% since there were two others who could have taken shields down.

I personally prefer 127

I used to like 147 but 4 doesn't work anymore to clear voms. Doesn't hit anything. That's why I now use a secondary with aoe and PSF.

with Void Strike, is that the buff lasts 8 seconds

Yeah. I try to wait to cast until the last moment so VS plus eclipse one shots with the rubico. I get weird damage numbers sometimes. I think there's a bug in WF somewhere. My felarx loaded w forma had a damage total of 1 the other day in ESO. Not a mistype. One (1) point of damage. I'll get one shot landing 100k and another pellet doing 1. Something isn't right. So sometimes I oneshot a limb with my amp. Other times hardly no damage. In fact, lately ive seen zeros. Not sure what was going on there. Eido was out of the water already so it wasn't that

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

what do you have Equipped that triggers off of a Headshot hit?

Referring to rubico combo. Sorry if Unclear.

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418
Spelling
  • Like 1

Im not a pro in eido's but my buff rotation goes something like this:

Shoot eido 2 times with vasti for *almost* 100% armor strip (having some armor makes eidos weak to radiation, giving more damage than full strip)

eclipse, then shield, then shock trooper

contamination wave, then void strike (read somewhere it gives more damage than just vs, also activates operator arcanes)

blast eido with klamora or propa

melee switch to wf (careful about armor) then switch to damage weapon for holster amp

tap limb with weapon (vulkar wraith for me) to insta

then wait in operator for scream, exit operator, 3 contamination waves, spam vsling into ground for activation of operator arcanes

blast eido with amp

melee switch

and if things go well i normally 1 shot again.

• Like 1

Referring to rubico combo. Sorry if Unclear.

oh, okay. any hits with a Sniper Rifle counts for the Hit Counter (hence why i refer to it as a Hit Counter rather than 'Combo' - it's more descriptive a name). so shoot anywhere, it doesn't matter where. there's no need to specifically shoot it in the Head before shooting at a Limb.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

So i swear I hit the eidolon with it but it doesn't explode. I can see it fly "through" the leg. Im not sure what's going on so i stopped using its altfire.

Propa is very frustrating to learn, but gives fastest shield/limb breaks. When I built my propa it I remember it felt like a downgrade for quite a while.

But when done right, 2 propa shots is enough to break any eidolon shield (doing 3 propa or 2 propa + raplak can give more room for error). You'll need  the madurai passives that boost amp damage as well as amp arcanes to use it reliably.

The eidolon shield hitbox only goes down to around the knees so if you shoot under the legs or too low propa can zero (especially on hydrolyst which is quite tall). Propa also has falloff so if you're too far away it'll also zero. Break the water shields with void strike + raplak as propa struggles with them now (except for far spawn).

When shooting propa, try to position (1) as uphill as possible near the eidolon and (2) just far back enough that you have line of sight to shoot any limb (possible exception to #2 for far spawn)

Folks here already explained the amp arcanes and madurai 2nd ability. This website can be helpful if you want to practice timing: https://idalon.com/games/propa. (Imo better to shoot consistently a tad late than risk shooting too early)

I shoot 2 propa, switch to frame, take aim, and shoot as the shield breaks. This breaks limbs in under a second (not speedrun pace, but plenty fast for pugs or solo). The eidolon wiki doc has some more advanced methods that can give better speed.

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

any hits with a Sniper Rifle counts for the Hit Counter

Gotcha

14 hours ago, TulkasTheVala said:

This website can be helpful if you want to practice timing: https://idalon.com/games/propa

Will check it out. Thx 

I have full focus in all schools. Arcanes are both eternals.

18 hours ago, Mazifet said:

my buff rotation goes something like this

Thanks. Ill try to commit to memory and duplicate with vastilok and rubico.