Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unplayable

Kean2018

So I have just gotten a weird bug I'm sure of it my game takes like 7 to 10 mints to load into the screen where you log in and then the game stutters a lot more then it should it's not my hardware bc I have been playing for weeks everyday without problem yet now I can't even walk around the drifters camp with out my screen looking like it's a motion picture I have had the happen before and did everything you can think of and the only thing I found that helped what a hard reset of my pc back to it's original state meaning I have to reinstall everything games launchers software browser loge in and we can all agree that is not a fix at all if anybody can think of something that might help pls let me know bc I really like the game and after 3 years of not playing it I have really liked playing it the last 3 months and if I have to hard reset every time this happens then I'm gonna stop playing at some point and the worst thing it comes out of no where one moment I am playing the game with no problem not even a stutter and then all of the sudden I can't even walk around in my ship any help would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Check your PC for viruses/crypto miners. 99% you've got one and it overloads your GPU.

If they're factory resetting their PC then they probably don't, unless something they're installing every time has it. or if they have a backup of all their computer data they put back in every reset. They should run a virus scan in safe mode for sure. maybe a pre-boot scan. but I'm not confident this is the problem.

Might be a faulty graphics card that only trips the issue once it goes above a certain temperature. Possibly a bad heat sync or a crack. Could also be bad thermals on the CPU. Loose heat sync, fan not running, exct. I'd say bad paste but my paste is 8 years old and probably doing literally nothing at this point but I still run the game fine.

Had a friend who's CPU fan stopped running and they didn't notice for like a month they just couldn't play games and didn't understand why.

• Like 1

This could be a lot of things, and both Tesla and Pollex's suggestions are good things to check on. To add to this, I'd also make sure that your disk is not failing, and that you have the game on an internal SSD if possible; taking 7 mins to load generally sounds like the disk is not reading fast enough, or something is preventing utilization of the CPU to fetch the resources in a timely manner. Wiping the computer can sometimes fix this if the game is rewritten to different sectors that aren't bad and don't have so many read errors and re-reads, but does not permanently solve the issue since those sectors will also eventually fail if the disk is going bad.

I'd recommend running chkdsk and SFC just to ensure that your disk health is good and your system files have no errors; they may take a while to run, specifically chkdsk on slower drives with large capacities, so it may be best to run them overnight.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Check your PC for viruses/crypto miners. 99% you've got one and it overloads your GPU.

22 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

If they're factory resetting their PC then they probably don't, unless something they're installing every time has it. or if they have a backup of all their computer data they put back in every reset. They should run a virus scan in safe mode for sure. maybe a pre-boot scan. but I'm not confident this is the problem.

Might be a faulty graphics card that only trips the issue once it goes above a certain temperature. Possibly a bad heat sync or a crack. Could also be bad thermals on the CPU. Loose heat sync, fan not running, exct. I'd say bad paste but my paste is 8 years old and probably doing literally nothing at this point but I still run the game fine.

Had a friend who's CPU fan stopped running and they didn't notice for like a month they just couldn't play games and didn't understand why.

21 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

This could be a lot of things, and both Tesla and Pollex's suggestions are good things to check on. To add to this, I'd also make sure that your disk is not failing, and that you have the game on an internal SSD if possible; taking 7 mins to load generally sounds like the disk is not reading fast enough, or something is preventing utilization of the CPU to fetch the resources in a timely manner. Wiping the computer can sometimes fix this if the game is rewritten to different sectors that aren't bad and don't have so many read errors and re-reads, but does not permanently solve the issue since those sectors will also eventually fail if the disk is going bad.

I'd recommend running chkdsk and SFC just to ensure that your disk health is good and your system files have no errors; they may take a while to run, specifically chkdsk on slower drives with large capacities, so it may be best to run them overnight.

Thx but these are all things I have tryed It could be due to my limited ram I have but as I said played for weeks on end with no problem but I am getting new ram at the end of this months hopefully that will fix it 

But thx for all the suggestions still.

• 2 weeks later...

I had what seems like the same issue or at least a similar issue as you but i managed to fix it, i think the issue is related to your hard drive.

While playing warframe i had the same issues you described, but i also noticed that the disk usage on my hard drive (not the one the game's installed on) shot up to 100% while the game was running.

It was also the only drive windows was using for virtual memory, which means windows was basically using it as extra RAM when needed from what i understand.

My hard drive is really old and probably failing so that's probably why it suddenly started causing issues, use crystaldiskinfo or something to see if yours might be as well.

If you have more than one drive in your system, here's how you can fix it (hopefully):

Right click on your start button, click on system, click on advanced system settings, under the advanced tab, click on the settings button under performance, it should open a new window.

Under the advanced section, under virtual memory, click on change, uncheck the box that says "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives", click on the drive which is causing the issues.

You should see 3 options, Custom size, System managed size, and No paging file.

For the drive causing the issues, select no paging file and click the button that says set.

Now select another drive (Preferably an SSD, although an HDD will probably be fine as long as it's working properly), and select either System managed size (which is what i did) or custom size if you wanna specify how much space to use for virtual memory, and click set.

Lastly, restart your PC and see if the issues still persist.

If you don't have another drive in your computer, check to see if your drive is failing using a program like crystaldiskinfo, if it seems fine then you might just need to upgrade your ram. If it is indeed failing you probably need to buy another drive.

Hopefully it worked for you, friend.