The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new player, how to improve volt?

hydraxic

Question

I got into the game very recently, and im currently mastery rank 3. i just finished heart of deimos and vox solaris, and im wondering if theres any way i can improve my build or anything i should work on getting. currently im using mk1-paris and mk1-bo, idk which weapons i should be working for. i had trouble with heart of deimos and vox solaris so im looking for ways to improve survivability and damage.

thanks

4 answers to this question

for Guns you'll have a lot more choice after you go up one or two more Mastery Ranks. for Melee though, perhaps try a Tonbo or Kronen.
Crafting stuff to try them and get Mastery gets you access to a lot more stuff, so that's an important part of the Gameplay loop.

spending time in Missions all over the place in the game will get you Mod Drops for all sorts of basic Stat boosts. getting a wide variety of Mods and Arcanes is where 90-95% of your Stats will come from, so collecting up all of that stuff is important. 

• Like 1

I'm impressed you managed Heart of Deimos and Vox Solaris with that.

Check the Community Handbook and the New/Returning player guide. You should have replaced the MK-1 Weapons for the common variants ages ago.

The Market has lots of weapon blueprints for credits and a few built weapons for credits. Try the Latron, Lex, AkBronco.

Try getting more mods, specially not flawed ones. Ask in the trade chat if someone can spare a few mods.

Join a newbie friendly clan to get access to some weapons and frames.

Slowly open up the Starchart, then go for prime stuff. Remember to level your syndicates.

• Like 3

If you wanna stick with bows (I did early on cus I'm not a big fan of guns in general but later I fell in love with the high sci-fi fantasy guns of this game), you'll more than likely end up with a dread BP in short order which is a great bow that can be upgraded with a late game thing later. Cinta is great and obtainable extremely early but is a bit of a pain to get. You'll need to gain a few mastery ranks first for ether of them tho. Cinta is I would say the far better of the two, but significantly more time consuming to get. Tho not exactly "difficult" as it technically requires no fighting at all to get, mostly a test of patience. If you don't care weather you have a gun or a bow your choices for a primary weapons are... huge, and I don't have a good enough knowledge of gun mastery requirements to even start.

Volt does incredibly well with mele weapons that have low attack speed because he can buff mele speed with his 2. So Galatine is probably a solid mele pick for you right now. Ether reaper has surprisingly solid stats for such an old and early game weapon (tho more of a mid-speed weapon than a slow one). Sampotes will straight up carry you through the whole game, and look cool as hell doing it, if you dare go through the process of actually getting the thing.
Not that Volt's bad with lighter weapons. But being able to negate the speed penalty of heavy meles is more powerful than making already fast meles faster. Also the sped up heavy animations are hilarious.

As for Volt himself. Volt is one of the more flexible frames in the game to mod. Every ability stat benefits him greatly so you can kindof just mod for what you feel he needs more of for your own play style. He works well enough with a fairly balanced distribution of stats, or you can prioritize two of his ability stats for some highly specialized builds. Just don't put % based armor mods on him. His augment mod "Capacitance" is really good, especially with the upcoming/recent changes to shield gating.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

Xoris is MR3 so get that if possible. Paired with volts speed it would be awesome. I used Xoris as my primary damage weapon to clear the star chart. Eventually built it with 5 forma and it cleared rooms easily. 

Eventually you want every weapon. Invest in one you like though, don't put formas on everything. Always have a forma being made in the foundry!