Primed Ravage

Critical Deceleration 

Primed ammo stock

* Bubonico Geli-satitus *

+90.6% Multishot

+67.3% Critical damage

+69.1% Cold

- 24.6% damage to infested

This is currently what I have on but I’m a relatively new/returning player. While the build has been pretty decent I just eye balled it and I’m sure there’s a way to maximize the use of the riven in a build, if anyone has any feed back or recommendations please send it

16 answers to this question

You shouldn't increase the viral element (from riven or normal mod) since Bubonico already had viral on alt/secondary attack (you just need viral to proc not increase it's damage).

Go for a little bit +crit chance (Bubonico disposition is low btw) and +slash damage (more slash from primary attack so it will proc if you use primary attack). The multishot and crit damage is an alternative if you want to increase it. Extra magazine and fire rate also benefit the primary attack. Use prime fulmination for extra aoe range.

• Arcane - Merciless -> Deadhead: is more damage, more consistent damage, and the Bubonico likes the reduced recoil
  • Galvanized Acceleration 
  • Galvanized Hell
  • Galvanized Savvy
  • Hunter Munitions
  • Toxic Barrage -> Fire rate: helps undo Deceleration's debuff, you have infinite ammo, and it feels nice on a mainly single-target weapon like the Bub
    • Your riven already makes viral, and this also lets your alt-fire proc the newly buffed cold
  • Primed Ravage
  • Critical Deceleration 
  • Primed ammo stock -> Flex slot: A bane mod would technically be the biggest buff, I like just using primed point blank, etc...
    • Mag size means you fire for longer, but it takes longer to reload. It's not bad, but IMO it's not good
  • * Bubonico Geli-satitus *
    • +90.6% Multishot
    • +67.3% Critical damage
    • +69.1% Cold
    • - 24.6% damage to infested

I would advise against Deadhead as it does not activate from slash proc kills. Ideally, the riven would be something like MS/CD/Elec. 

That way you have Corrosive primary + IPS and HM for kills and Viral/Elec on secondary to self prime. Exilus is a preference, i like the reduced recoil over more range as i don't shoot things too far away.

image.png?ex=6538d81b&is=6526631b&hm=d02

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

I would advise against Deadhead as it does not activate from slash proc kills. Ideally, the riven would be something like MS/CD/Elec. 

Deadhead stacks can easily be maintained by building it on frail units like butchers, and with a 24 sec duration you dont have to refresh it too often. Deadhead is honestly way easier to keep up than people think because of just how frail and numerous butchers are, it only becomes a hassle once you reach crazy high lvls. Also the bonus headshot multiplier is quite strong.

Edited by (NSW)warfare3376

5 hours ago, (NSW)warfare3376 said:

Deadhead stacks can easily be maintained by building it on frail units like butchers, and with a 24 sec duration you dont have to refresh it too often. Deadhead is honestly way easier to keep up than people think because of just how frail and numerous butchers are, it only becomes a hassle once you reach crazy high lvls. Also the bonus headshot multiplier is quite strong.

That is a good point, i just always assume people are too lazy to aim for headshots.

On 2023-10-10 at 4:52 AM, BroDutt said:

+slash damage (more slash from primary attack so it will proc if you use primary attack). Use prime fulmination for extra aoe range.

Absolutely not. Bubonico has such a low status chance per pellet that it cannot deal much DOT (damage over time), especially since its slash weight is proportionally tiny. Simply rely on Hunter Munitions and viral.

Primed Fulmination is for pistols, shotguns don't have anything like that.

I suggest the OP to replace primed ammo stock with Shotgun Barrage and, when possible, Toxic Barrage with a primed faction mod. If you combine this battery weapon with a good melee, not only can you attack all the time without interruptions from reloading, you can also use Primary Dexterity whose stacks last much longer and are easier to get and maintain. Then you'd have an excellent weapon for endurance runs in the steel path.

9 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

I would advise against Deadhead as it does not activate from slash proc kills.

Yes, but Galv Savvy gives the Bubonico so much multiplicative damage, that it can easily brute-force headshot kills on even tanky enemies. It depends how high of a level you go, but even with HM, my Deadhead has no problem proccing against even lvl195 steel path Exo Gokstad Officers.

"Headshot multiplier" is also effectively a unique multiplicative damage buff. And the recoil reduction will replace your Counterbalance, so you can use Vigilante if you don't want the range.

16 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Yes, but Galv Savvy gives the Bubonico so much multiplicative damage, that it can easily brute-force headshot kills on even tanky enemies.

Headshot kills with alt fire and hunter munitions equipped (enemies killed by Bleed do not count for Deadhead)? I'd like to see this. Or do you guys use primary fire of Bubonico for some reason?

Edited by Zakkhar

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Headshot kills with alt fire and hunter munitions equipped (enemies killed by Bleed do not count for Deadhead)? I'd like to see this. Or do you guys use primary fire of Bubonico for some reason?

DOT triggers Deadhead only if it's electricity or gas. Alt fire has low critical chance and is mostly used for spreading status before primary fire, however you can do with it most of the time. It deals relevant damage at low levels though.

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Or do you guys use primary fire of Bubonico for some reason?

The primary fire. That's why every build on this thread has Critical Deceleration and Galvanized Savvy.

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Headshot kills with alt fire and hunter munitions equipped (enemies killed by Bleed do not count for Deadhead)? I'd like to see this.

The alt fire has 3% crit chance. So unless you're using additive crit, what's the point of HM? Even then, the DPS of the AoE attack isn't great and there's no blast radius shotgun mod. It's only used as a primer anymore.

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

So unless you're using additive crit, what's the point of HM?

Dunno you guys pasted some HM builds. TThere is also fixed crit rate buffs in terms of Arcane/Harrow/Adarza.

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

Even then, the DPS of the AoE attack isn't great and there's no blast radius shotgun mod. It's only used as a primer anymore.

Guess i am using mine in some wrong way because my alt fire oblitarates everything.

Edited by Zakkhar

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Guess i am using mine in some wrong way because my alt fire oblitarates everything.

Ive been using my Bub this week. I love the alt fire but yea it doesn't do much against SP at all. Feels good (controller) but could have it's damage boosted a bit. It's short range so it should be concentrated a bit more. I have a pretty good riven too. +Cc +cd and +cold don't remember the neg maybe puncture 

8 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Even ignoring other AoE weapons, just in the realm of shotguns, something like the Boar incarnon massively outkills it while mobbing. Even with an Avenger build (which other guns aren't tied down to), the Bub's alt-fire damage isn't great and it effectively only has a 3 round magazine... taking 4.5-3 seconds to fully reload.

For it's time I spoke highly of the hybrid nature of the Bub, but the game has moved on IMO. Everything is relative. But I am welcome to being proven wrong, if you'd like to share a video of the Bub (preferably with additive crit as the only external buff).