The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Gas City Traps are Toxic

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

So the Gas City tileset has scanner traps

walk through the doorway before shooting the scanner, and you get hit with toxin or electric traps.

??I guess the intention, is that DE wants players to proceed carefully and shoot these, rather than just speedrun through the map.??

Well, that's not what happens

instead, the 1 guy playing Volt rushes through and trips every single trap

and everyone else behind him gets hit with the consequences.

making it even harder for them to catch up.

This interaction is toxic and just creates resentment between the squad.

Either get rid of the traps

or make them Effective against the Player Who Set Them Off.

-how about have them set off 2 hallways further down instead of just 1, so you can't outrun the consequences?

-or act like tripwires where it'll force stagger you out of Speedrun if you hit them? this way you can't just ignore them and leave the problem for the next guy?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I think those traps should be made more deadly, as it stands people just rush through them because they are irrelevant.

The issue with that is that if they were dangerous, one player not paying attention to door traps could grief the whole team. They're already pretty annoying as is.
No other trap in the game can really unavoidably punish someone for something another player did. Except the spy vault timer which isn't really a trap.

8 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Then just give them a weakpoint where the player can shoot them down after they've been activated or something.

I like this idea, its similar to what I Would have done if i was the first squad member through and shooting the scanner itself.

Let's me keep doing what I was going to, even if the First Guy screwed things up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Then just give them a weakpoint where the player can shoot them down after they've been activated or something.

Or make them zap the player who triggered the trap and then turn off again.

That works.

The destroying them option would have to be in one shot and instantly tho. The electric traps currently take a shot, go through an animation to reveal a second weak point, then take a second shot. It's ridiculous, takes way too long, and by the time you destroy them the player ahead of you is already halfway to extraction if not there already. Even if they took out half your health it'd still be better to just run through them.

Edited by PollexMessier

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Agreement

last thing you want is a game mechanic that is just Annoyance

either make it Matter, or don't have it.

Do we really need to give people even more reason to play Revenant, pushing DE into wanting to nerf him even more for becoming meta?

That's definitely what would happen. Players getting tired of their one speed freak teammate zooming through security screens triggering now-deadly room hazards, leaving everyone else to deal with it? Better use a frame whose second ability literally renders him immune to dying so long as he still has Mesmer Skin charges and zoom past the hazards too.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

Its personal preference, one try play carefully, other rushes, one just walks throught everything ignoring all the statuses and kills enemies. 

Like grendel with nourish augment gets lik 25 second status immunity on full gut or just status clearance and  few sec immunity if 1 enemy in gut and has negative duration. Become ball and rush play bowling with enemies or become pinball. Or just cast for immunity and walk and kill enemies with stug while standing in toxin /gas clouds and attacked by enemies.