The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to simulate full party for solo players - Moar enemies!

Rando_

11 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And those are insufficient. No amount of build tweaking will change the enemy spawn rate, or cause Acolytes to start spawning, or apply a nightmare/sortie mutator to a mission on demand.

And while yes, you can deliberately weaken yourself to get an experience that's somewhat similar to facing enemies of specific level ranges, doing so is finicky, requiring the player to plan their exact damage output and durability in advance. And while Garrus Vakarian is a beloved character in the gaming community, I doubt many players are interested in emulating his penchant for calibrations.

Worst of all, it requires adjusting multiple pieces of equipment every time you want to emulate a different level range (or even fight a different faction at the same range, since the 3 main factions scale their durability differently). Meanwhile, with an enemy level slider all of the could be done by simply adjusting a single variable.

Imagine setting it up so that every time the Acolyte spawned, instead all six of them spawned. Now that'd be some clenchworthy gameplay right there.

12 hours ago, Corvid said:

Hence why I specifically said all options needed to be enabled for things like Steel Essence to drop. If you want the rewards, you need to earn them. If you don't care about that and just want to tweak your experience, the options are there for that.

See above.

Ideally, I'd also like to let solo players also apply things like Nightmare and Sortie modifiers to their sessions, and outright select which starting level the mission would have. Not for additional rewards, but simply to let them spice up their own sessions.

I hear ya, but I still think the biggest challenge with this is the novelty feel. It's cool at first but will die out very quickly. It's like when the Street Fighter 3 series had the hidden feature to chain combo, even through supers. Fun...for a minute, but you realize it doesn't mean as much when you get back to the real game.

This would be lovely, not a fan of SP and some folk seem to get uppity about dudes with powerful builds nuking everything (which is me sometimes).

There's always been a distinct lack of enemy dudes to murder and while I don't need challenge (that ship sailed out of the games port a while back) I do need more dudes to smack.

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Like, what do you mean when you say “An experience that’s somewhat similar to fighting enemies of a specific level range”?

Setting the player's HP and damage output in such a way that enemies of a given level (lets say 30) are effectively closer to enemies of a higher or lower level. In general terms, this translates to making extremely minor adjustments to the aforementioned values depending on what enemy level range you want to emulate, which means re-modding every single item that you intend to use in a mission individually.

Look, I frankly do not understand why you seem so opposed to a feature that is fairly standard in other games (player-controlled difficulty options), especially when the way to achieve similar functionality in this game as it exists today requires so much micromanagement.

Perhaps it would help you to know that I don't play Warframe to make builds in the arsenal. That is something that I tolerate in order to get to the part that I do enjoy (the in-mission gameplay). And given the popularity of standardised "set and forget" builds among the community, I doubt I'm the only one. For me, being able to adjust enemy levels and spawn rates up to match my build is much more appealing than having to adjust my weapons, warframe, sentinel and so on down to match enemy levels, since one requires engaging multiple times with a system that I generally prefer to avoid, while the other is literally just a set of sliders and/or checkboxes.

9 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I hear ya, but I still think the biggest challenge with this is the novelty feel. It's cool at first but will die out very quickly. It's like when the Street Fighter 3 series had the hidden feature to chain combo, even through supers. Fun...for a minute, but you realize it doesn't mean as much when you get back to the real game.

It's literally just giving players more options for the "real game". You're acting like this has to be some major addition that requires huge amounts of development. It doesn't. All of the systems and mutators are already in the game, this is just putting them in the players' hands so they can make use of them if they want to.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Setting the player's HP and damage output in such a way that enemies of a given level (lets say 30) are effectively closer to enemies of a higher or lower level. In general terms, this translates to making extremely minor adjustments to the aforementioned values depending on what enemy level range you want to emulate, which means re-modding every single item that you intend to use in a mission individually.

Look, I frankly do not understand why you seem so opposed to a feature that is fairly standard in other games (player-controlled difficulty options), especially when the way to achieve similar functionality in this game as it exists today requires so much micromanagement.

Perhaps it would help you to know that I don't play Warframe to make builds in the arsenal. That is something that I tolerate in order to get to the part that I do enjoy (the in-mission gameplay). And given the popularity of standardised "set and forget" builds among the community, I doubt I'm the only one. For me, being able to adjust enemy levels and spawn rates up to match my build is much more appealing than having to adjust my weapons, warframe, sentinel and so on down to match enemy levels, since one requires engaging multiple times with a system that I generally prefer to avoid, while the other is literally just a set of sliders and/or checkboxes.

I’m not so much against the idea of introducing a slider as against the idea that a whole system designed around further negating any player need to engage with the foundations of the game (buildcrafting) is necessary in the first place; the game already has its sliding scale, and if you make the builds to destroy everything, then the builds are gonna destroy everything until you decide otherwise by doing something as obvious as setting the Build that Destroys Everything aside in the Loadout Manager and use an alternative build that does something else until such time as you want to destroy everything.

And you’re sitting there inventing problems like having to micromanage to an ungodly degree to match the enemy. It’s not the boogeyman you’re making it out to be, take it from someone who does what you don’t; the game is, again, surprisingly robust about allowing a single loadout built a certain way to still find a place to be used. Sometimes you need to step up your playing, sometimes you can be a little lax, sometimes it’s just right, but theres various gradients of difficulty that you can get a feel for to the point you can go “I feel like playing in a certain way in this content” and you may or may not make changes and away you go, and if you want it harder or easier you just go even further beyond the range you’re built for, and there’s only like a few tiers of levels in the standard game so if you’re that desperate to keep things simple and avoid engaging in a system designed to let you customise your gameplay to keep the grind interesting, make like 5 loadouts and swap between them according to the tier of content you’re doing (personally I find it a nightmare to keep just one loadout managed according to what I want to use and do and how I want to play, if you want to complain about micromanaging). It’s not hard, and is certainly a lot more understandable than living in one build and expecting the game, which rewards the means to make alternative builds and loadouts in the first place for so much of it, to gravitate around that one build

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Incidentally, I can tell you why “Set and forget” builds are typically so popular, and it aint because someone’s looking for a fight

If you're going to miss my point by this wide a margin, I see no point in engaging with you further.

13 minutes ago, Corvid said:

If you're going to miss my point by this wide a margin, I see no point in engaging with you further.

I was actually just thinking of getting that deleted because, if anything, it could be worked into the earlier post as an edit since it’s not necessary.

You’ve made your point, anyways

11 hours ago, Corvid said:

Look, I get it. This is a game that provides tons of opportunity for tweaking and fighting, it also provides the capability to not have to worry about tweaking or fighting, and it can only kind of cater to not tweaking just fighting.

It’s a buildcrafting third-person shooter, but sometimes someone doesn’t want to think too much, just jump in and do some kind of fighting. Which can be done, but it takes a bit of effort to identify and make the builds in the first place in order to then store them away, and you’re not going to find guides or other players telling you how to do so because they a) may not be what you want anyways, and b) they’re too up the ass of the Meta, thinking things like there’s “Mandatory Mods”, which inevitably results in simplified gameplay because that’s the point of the build designed to grind.

If DE did things like introduced some way to make it easier to identify what a level range asks for at minimum so that a player doesn’t need to jump in with untested builds and loadout to find out themselves, that could help make it easier to not have to think too much. But fundamentally the game is going to be designed around buildcrafting and gameplay customisation, from its rewards to its fundamental system designs, and it shouldn’t be a thing to be completely avoided by living in one build