The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing trade bans?

(XBOX)Send Advil

Good morning DE and fellow Tenno! 

After over 5 years of playing, I was trade banned for the first time this week. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but after reading the recent posts, I feel like it was because I was in my operator and picked up a steel essence while it was bugged. I didn't know about the bug, I simply love using my full kit and was caught in the crossfire of a bugged resource and a ban. (I only went to round 2 of a sp interception to open Grendel relics, so I'm not one of the problems with 100s - +1k drops)

For those of us who are long time players and go out of their way to stay away from exploits, it's extremely frustrating to be playing the game as normal and suddenly be banned from trading for 2 weeks over a bug you didn't know existed. I love this game, and I've never seen devs who are better than y'all, but the auto bans for "exploited" resources seem like a really bad thing. Whether it's because you got lucky on a Smeeta proc stacking or because you went into your operator to void sling across the map to get a SE drop, there are plenty of people who have this accidentally happen. Please think about changing the way it works. Even if you completely remove it from the game. It's a looter shooter, and being punished for a loot drop doesn't feel good. 

Second note - if auto bans have to remain, could you please email the person who was banned and explain why it happened? I'm still not 100% sure why it happened. I didn't even know until I tried trading with someone and it said I couldn't trade for 311 hours. 

Thank you for reading my post! I really hope something changes soon. This whole thing has really bummed me out after I was having so much fun with warframe this week 

Edited by (XBOX)Send Advil
Grammar
  • Like 5

Ngl you should consider yourself lucky, they used to full ban for a few days before they implemented trade bans.

I've been banned for 3 days in the past after an hotfix because I've been playing in a configuration favourable for an exploit I wasn't aware of and didn't even trigger. Which was very infuriating. Especially because I had to figure out myself what was the reason and only then they would tell me that it was it. The support won't even tell you what happened (by fear to explain you some exploits I guess?).

Nowadays with trade bans you can still play the game which is great when you are many times innocent when they trigger. And trade bans are literally "I can't prove that you cheated but you definitely could have so I need to tell you that's wrong, so I ban you with a soft ban". At least that how I understand DE policy with bans.

The more frustrating part is how inconsistent DE is at handling this behavior over the years. We have this new bug with Fissure boosters, and DE is quick to shut down Steel Path Endless Fissures (they should also stop endurance normal fissures too by the way). However, we have years of abusive exploitation for Steel Essence and Kuva all over the community and advertised on Bilibili. The capped Teshin purchases didn't come from no where. This current exploit is just the ultimatum of the type of player that the game has endorsed as (now) normal farming behavior.

This bug also affects Affinity and Credit boosters. You can already profile individuals with low hours and 1 billion Affinity on Amps and 500 million Credits gross income (a stat that only tracks on Credits pickups) from the leaderboards for Kuva Disruption.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

You have to understand that bans are sometimes subjective and aren't an indication that you did something bad.
When DE applies an actual trade ban, it's because the player can't be trusted with trading, in your case it's different, it's just so they can determine what went wrong and then they will give you the priviledges back soon.

I have also once played 3 deimos vaults with a booster on, oppened all the secret doors along the way and was trade banned. They likely revised the detection to avoid simple runs to trigger automatic trade bans.

Yes it sucks, been there, yes it's unfair, my sugestion would be not to take it that seriously, if you know you did nothing wrong then you'll soon get the priviledges back.