Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is "Warframe 1999" a pretext to release human frame skins?

Drophys

5 minutes ago, Alguien said:

Actually, Lotus says Lephantis was created to fight in the Old War

The infested was also created to Hijack and corrupt the sentients to the orokin’s will.  Which failed because they couldn’t control them. So they left the infested to rot in Eris.

i think your misunderstanding what i mean about project version 1 and project version 2.

margulis didnt work on project version 1 she only worked on project version 2.  we might  could even consider their three stages of warframe development instead of two.

1. pre tenno controlled. "warframes"  treated like  bio drones(thought to be unaffected mentally from infestation)  at the middle of the old war! these got shelved soon after deployment.

2. beginning of  tenno controlled,  margulis is using the "warframes"  as sort of therapy for the children

3. post margulis.  margulis denannounced the orokin way of turning the tenno and helminth humans into war machines!

what i am saying is that 1999 could happen between 1 and 2.  and happens way before 3 is a thing in the universe.

we have no idea how long the time frame between 1 and 2 are.

silvania recruitment

"warframes" were not called warframes up until stage 3.

the reason i say the sentient s definitely went first is because their was no solar rail between tau and origin system. and if their was the zariman wouldn't have made their void jump like they did. they would have used the solar rail.

solar rails are safe. void jump is not!

the only things that could survive non FTL travel from origin to tau was the sentient. that's why they built the sentients in the first place!

2 hours ago, balckillofdeath said:

what i am saying is that 1999 could happen between 1 and 2.  and happens way before 3 is a thing in the universe.

That's still pretty impossible, from both the tech level presented in the 1999 trailer and the fact the "Infestation" Arthur is fighting are controlled machines, something we know the infestation couldn't do until Alad.

2 hours ago, balckillofdeath said:

the reason i say the sentient s definitely went first is because their was no solar rail between tau and origin system. and if their was the zariman wouldn't have made their void jump like they did. they would have used the solar rail.

There not being a Solar Rail is specifically why the Zariman comes before the Sentients. The Zariman is setup to make the jump on its own using a Reliquary Drive.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Malikili said:

The infested was also created to Hijack and corrupt the sentients to the orokin’s will.  Which failed because they couldn’t control them. So they left the infested to rot in Eris.

We have no idea what the infestation was made for. We know it existed before the Old War, plus, Eris didn't get fully infested until recently during the Infested Alad event.

22 hours ago, Alguien said:

I ment more the raw form like used on Deimos as a bomb to kill the surface more or less. Scorched earth and all that wonderful stuff, but with snot and nanites. Lephy was probably a project more in the veins of Warframes. Which also straight up indicates that the Old War was around 1000 years ago considering how Lotus phrases it, and frames have been around for a shoter period than that since the frames were the last resort when all other things failed.

18 hours ago, balckillofdeath said:

i think your misunderstanding what i mean about project version 1 and project version 2.

margulis didnt work on project version 1 she only worked on project version 2.  we might  could even consider their three stages of warframe development instead of two.

1. pre tenno controlled. "warframes"  treated like  bio drones(thought to be unaffected mentally from infestation)  at the middle of the old war! these got shelved soon after deployment.

2. beginning of  tenno controlled,  margulis is using the "warframes"  as sort of therapy for the children

3. post margulis.  margulis denannounced the orokin way of turning the tenno and helminth humans into war machines!

we have no idea how long the time frame between 1 and 2 are.

silvania recruitment

"warframes" were not called warframes up until stage 3.

solar rails are safe. void jump is not!

the only things that could survive non FTL travel from origin to tau was the sentient. that's why they built the sentients in the first place!

No misunderstanding. We already know from 3 seperate lore instance how and when the first frames came about and what they were like. Sacrifice is directly from Ballas own mouth, The Silver Grove establishes a timeline and Kullervo further strengthens that knowledge while also showing us straight up a generation one frame since he is one.

1. They never got shelved, some were, others werent, see Rhino Prime entry, Sevagoth, Protea and Kullervo for instance. Or the Silver

2. Nope. At the point when the tenno get involved Margulis project is already over, she is also dead by that point in time. See Rhino Prime lore entry where the tenno are locked in cryo pods. Silver Grove also shows that Margulis and Silvana work on generation one. Which is why the Titania in the story follows Silvana to Earth in order to protect her.

3. But she didnt, because she never experienced that part of it. Ballas re-opened and finalized her trasnference project after she was executed.

The bolded part makes zero sense. Zariman went because it didnt need solar rails, so sending the Sentients first or last have absolutely zero impact on when the Zariman was actually sent, since it was already using a Reliquairy Drive to jump on its own. The only thing we actually do know is that the sentients did build rails. This because they used them to return to Sol and because the Zariman never made it to Tau to build them. Still we dont know when either was sent in relation to the other, just that Zariman was sent prior to the war starting, since sending a generation ship straight to the enemy would be uhm... odd.

Also I'd like to point out again that atleast 1000 years have passed since the point in the old war where infestation was still used. So frames that were the last option are logically younger than that. We can draw this conclussion from Lotus calling the Derelict housing Lephantis "millennia old" which implies that it is older than a millennium.

On 2023-10-26 at 5:26 PM, Alguien said:

But Lephantis has also been mouldering in an Orokin Derelict since before the Tenno awoke. Just because something was "created to fight in the old war" doesn't imply it was ever deployed in the Old War, for all we know it was created, went out of control and the facility was locked down and abandoned. We have no information on the topic of it's deployment. for all we know the only infestation the Orokin ever deployed against the Sentients was the pre-Tenno "Bio-drone" Warframes, that's the only infestation deployment that Ballas talks about in the Vitruvian.

Hell, maybe Lephantis was a Helminth-Warframe design gone horribly wrong.

On 2023-10-26 at 7:07 PM, Atsia said:

We have no idea what the infestation was made for. We know it existed before the Old War, plus, Eris didn't get fully infested until recently during the Infested Alad event.

Yea, I messed up on the Eris part. Though didn’t they mentioned they use infested to fight against the sentients? Found it under the infested lore tab in the wiki.

6 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

But Lephantis has also been mouldering in an Orokin Derelict since before the Tenno awoke. Just because something was "created to fight in the old war" doesn't imply it was ever deployed in the Old War, for all we know it was created, went out of control and the facility was locked down and abandoned. We have no information on the topic of it's deployment. for all we know the only infestation the Orokin ever deployed against the Sentients was the pre-Tenno "Bio-drone" Warframes, that's the only infestation deployment that Ballas talks about in the Vitruvian.

Hell, maybe Lephantis was a Helminth-Warframe design gone horribly wrong.

Yeah Ballas only mentions the bio-drones, and those are mentioned in connection to how the sentients turned the Orokin tech against them. And I assume that tech refers to the ape-crazy weaponry that seems to come from that era of the Orokin Empire, like what Ballas' staff seems to be.

It wouldnt be impossible if Leph is a failed or intended early "warframe" test. I mean Ancients are the result of infested Orokin scientists iirc. So Leph might be a pre-helminth experiment.

Just now, Malikili said:

Yea, I messed up on the Eris part. Though didn’t they mentioned they use infested to fight against the sentients? Found it under the infested lore tab in the wiki.

They did on Deimos, by detonating a bombs to infest the surface to potentially slow down or completely lock out the sentient from getting inside. It's what the Citrine story describes, but we know it didnt really go as planned since uhm well the Entrati dont look 100% fine. :clem:

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1