The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QOL: Aura Forma touch up?

(PSN)OmegaSlayer

I do think the item needs a bit of a touch up.

Drop rate, build requirements, market price eventually.

It's surely a min maxer item, but at the moment it's so very annoying to acquire as it is only in one specific mode (and it's ok) but with an insanely low drop chance.

The build requirements, clocking in with 4 formas, are very high for what the item has to offer, but it would be an acceptable trade off, at least for me, if the item was at least a bit easier to get

Maybe a simple solution to put it in the Arbitration store for points?

• Like 4

My opinion:

• Add the Aura Forma blueprint to Arbitrations vendor for 10 Vitus Essence per blueprint.
    • No limit on quantity purchasable.
      • "Evergreen" is the term DE uses, to my understanding.
    • This is based on the Stance Forma blueprint from Teshin.
  • Adjust recipes of both Aura Forma and Stance Forma blueprints to the following:
    • 1x Forma
      • You're converting a single Forma.
    • 5x Argon Crystal
      • Quantity of Argon Crystals should always be equal to possible polarities in the slot.
    • 5x Nitain Extract
      • This can be increased if Nitain Extract ever stops being so egregiously gated.
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

My opinion:

• Add the Aura Forma blueprint to Arbitrations vendor for 10 Vitus Essence per blueprint.
    • No limit on quantity purchasable.
      • "Evergreen" is the term DE uses, to my understanding.
    • This is based on the Stance Forma blueprint from Teshin.
  • Adjust recipes of both Aura Forma and Stance Forma blueprints to the following:
    • 1x Forma
      • You're converting a single Forma.
    • 5x Argon Crystal
      • Quantity of Argon Crystals should always be equal to possible polarities in the slot.
    • 5x Nitain Extract
      • This can be increased if Nitain Extract ever stops being so egregiously gated.

It seems totally reasonable to me...

Now, if we get someone to check it and approve it...

Just now, Malikili said:

Seems quite cheap for something so rare

I could see 50 vitus essence or 35 

Edit: stupid spell check

You only need 54 in total currently. Compare that to Stance Forma's applications:

Spoiler

e45f0525d1c7a863dc4c5740766d6846.png

I would say that it's entirely fair that Aura Forma would cost 10 Vitus Essence (same as the 10 Steel Essence a Stance Forma costs), considering Vitus Essence is much harder to obtain than Steel Essence. Vitus Essence is also technically time gated, since once you complete a run of Arbitrations, the alert goes away. You have to wait for the next alert to farm more of it. The only reason I say "technically" instead of just outright classifying it as time gated, is because it's possible to run one alert long enough that the next alert is already available once you finish.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You only need 54 in total currently. Compare that to Stance Forma's applications:

Reveal hidden contents

I would say that it's entirely fair that Aura Forma would cost 10 Vitus Essence (same as the 10 Steel Essence a Stance Forma costs), considering Vitus Essence is much harder to obtain than Steel Essence. Vitus Essence is also technically time gated, since once you complete a run of Arbitrations, the alert goes away. You have to wait for the next alert to farm more of it. The only reason I say "technically" instead of just outright classifying it as time gated, is because it's possible to run one alert long enough that the next alert is already available once you finish.

Some stuff should be expensive though. 10 Vitus is trivial. I would like if Aura Forma was mission drops only and just a little cheaper to craft (2 forma instead of 4).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

in the first place it doesn't really make sense as to why it's so #*!%ing expensive

FOUR forma to craft 1, 150p for a 3x bundle. it's just stupid, the crafting cost should be lower.

also opinion: all "special" forma variants shouldn't reset gear level. 

To be fair, Aura Forma was added to the market later. They originally felt more like a luxury Forma option, but now they are honestly kind of trivial to own. Like sure, 150p is not free, but trading for that much is hardly that difficult, and you really don't need too many of these. 

I do agree that the build cost is a little bit high though.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:
4 hours ago, Malikili said:

Seems quite cheap for something so rare

I could see 50 vitus essence or 35 

Edit: stupid spell check

Reveal hidden contents

Worth mentioning that half the melee weapon classes in that list have either one stance, or their stances all have the same polarity, so those can be taken right out.  I don't know how many weapons that actually leaves, but more are going to be mastery fodder than not.

Out of the ones that are left, the majority of the weapon classes have one stance that seems superior to me to the other choices in both feel and damage output.  Or they're Whips or Heavy Blades, where I dislike all the stances and don't like playing those weapons at all.  Which is why even though Dark Split Sword has a good case for needing a stance forma in theory, and I'm generally not put off of  investment in weak  but interesting weapons, I've still never bothered.

I can put together theoretical cases where I'd use one, but I've yet to even be tempted.  I haven't gotten a lot of use out of aura forma either, but have probably installed 10 or so. 

How many stance forma have you used?

31 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Did you really want to ask that?

I’m a forma nut, I put stance formas on all of the melees I enjoy using.

Sooooo…. roughly 15 melees? Maybe 20 

Well, really I was asking Hexerin, since he casually presented the full list of melee weapons as equaling the number of stance forma that are needed.

But your answer is wild to me.  Was it actually necessary on most of those, rather than just something you did for chuckles?  (Nothing wrong with that--there is one frame I put an aura forma on for no reason other than that.)

Edited by Tiltskillet

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's wild to me.  Was it actually necessary on most of those, rather than just something you did for chuckles?  (Nothing wrong with that--there is one frame I put an aura forma on for no reason other than that.)

Personally, I put Aura and Stance Forma on everything with the exception of Zaws, only because it's possible and feels like completion towards my arsenal. I'm not into wasting Forma just for the sake of it though (like 100 Forma X).

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

But your answer is wild to me.  Was it actually necessary on most of those, rather than just something you did for chuckles?  (Nothing wrong with that--there is one frame I put an aura forma on for no reason other than that.)

Well, I find forma to be a sort of statement 

The more forma=the more love you put into something 

When someone asks “Who do you main?” You say “the one with almost 1k forma”

So it became a habit putting aura forma, and stance forma into literally EVERYTHING, just because I’m in the habit of excessive forma. Then you got melee weapons that don’t match the polarity of a stance I want to use. Do I use regular forma? Pfft no, stance forma all the way

TLDR variety, and forma satisfaction 

Just now, Voltage said:

I'm not into wasting Forma just for the sake of it though (like 100 Forma X).

Feeling called out now 😭

So for me this ...

20 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Personally, I put Aura and Stance Forma on everything with the exception of Zaws, only because it's possible

...and this...

20 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'm not into wasting Forma just for the sake of it though (like 100 Forma X).

...both qualify as "wasting forma".  :P

Nothing wrong with that of course.  I just waste my forma in other goofy ways, like having 3 heavily polarized ripkas duplicates.

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

So for me this ...

...and this...

Nothing wrong with that of course.  I just waste my forma in other goofy ways, like having 3 heavily polarized ripkas duplicates.

I mean… it’s not being wasted if you put it to good use right? We all like seeing big numbers… forma number count is no different? I’m not insane

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

So for me this ...

...and this...

There's a difference between "extremely marginal bonus" and "wasted". A stance Forma and Aura Forma are comfort Forma types. The difference they make is marginal (Aura a bit more useful). I see wasting Forma as crafting Aura Forma or putting in more Forma than there are polarities.

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

There's a difference between "extremely marginal bonus" and "wasted". A stance Forma and Aura Forma are comfort Forma types. The difference they make is marginal (Aura a bit more useful). I see wasting Forma as crafting Aura Forma or putting in more Forma than there are polarities.

Do you put stance forma into weapons where all the stances have the same polarity?

45 minutes ago, Malikili said:

I mean… it’s not being wasted if you put it to good use right? We all like seeing big numbers… forma number count is no different? I’m not insane

Considering all the time and energy I sometimes put into getting 5% higher damage popups, that are of no practical benefit to me even within the terms of this lolspacewizzzrdgame...you're probably saner than I am.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Yes, in the off chance they get new stances. I see where you're going with that question though...

Hah, that made me wonder when it's happened that DE added a new stance with a different polarity to a pre-existing weapon class whose original stances had uniform polarities.

I could have missed something, but if not, the one example is Sovereign Outcast from almost 8 years ago. 

(Not saying, "In your face, Voltage!"  I was just curious.  And happy to have the excuse not to do things I should be doing instead.)

Edited by Tiltskillet

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Hah, that made me wonder when it's happened that DE added a new stance with a different polarity to a pre-existing weapon class whose original stances had uniform polarities.

I could have missed something, but if not, the one example is Sovereign Outcast from almost 8 years ago. 

(Not saying, "In your face, Voltage!"  I was just curious.  And happy to have the excuse not to do things I should be doing instead.)

It's "in your face" for me. I know I am going woefully overboard by doing things like that. :p