Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Audio Only Works on Certain Channel

thesmasher121

Headset - Corsair Void Pro Wireless Gaming Headset 

Audio Channels list - 2 channel, 16bit, 44100hz (CD Quality)

2 channel, 16bit, 48000hz (DVD Quality)

8 channel, 16bit, 48000hz

Opening game all audio gets muted when in channel 8 but switching to channel 2 (DVD Quality) all the audio comes back. Very annoying having to change everytime I open game and hear a noticeable audio difference. Plz help me find solution. Thanks 

• Like 1

reminds me of an issue i used to occasionally come across when dealing with customers at my old job.

When using their surround sound they would complain that their audio was exceptionally quiet for movies. It would often turn out that they were trying to play a DVD adaptation of an older show/movie that was only ever mastered in stereo and the surround system would get a little confused with a purely stereo signal and send the audio to the wrong speakers (i think my co-worker referred to them as "presence" speakers) resulting in far quieter audio than intended.

Now the speculation part:

Warframe doesn't allow for manual changing of your speaker configuration, meaning you are relying on it's ability to automatically detect your 7.1 virtualised surround.
However, from what i can tell, warframe uses whatever configuration windows has detected, so if windows sees your headset as a "stereo headset" warframe will also see it as such and output a stereo signal, and your headset may be dumping those channels to the wrong virtual speakers.
Now i would ASSUME the 2.4ghz dongle that came with your headset would tell windows it was a 7.1 setup when in that mode, but without owning one of those headsets I cannot check that for you, so i would recommend you look into it yourself.

i could just be completely wrong however, but thats just my input

Well I'm sorry to hear you had no luck with it, I suppose it is the waiting game now.

If you still wanted to tinker, the only option I can see that might work for you is to download the "razer surround" program.
NOT the newest one, it has to specifically be version 2. This version is no longer officially available but it apparently has the option to force 7.1 virtualisation for more than just razer headsets, if it does this by tricking windows into registering your headset as a 7.1 device it should work.
If you do want to try it i found someone on reddit found a download for the old version:

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

• 3 weeks later...

if Warframe doesn't specifically have a 5.1 Surround or Dolby mode, which i'm pretty sure it doesn't, this is pretty normal. Video Games are normally designed for Stereo simulated Surround, since it's the same thing but simpler to develop/handle and means that you kill 10 Birds with one Stone. one will also find that games which Market themselves has having "Binaural Audio", are also doing Stereo simulated Surround.

also 99% of all Media content made is mastered for 44.1KHz, so that's the ideal Frequency Range to be set for as well. there isn't any extra data to be hearing past that.