Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Felarx incarnon form is so pitifully weak

Hexerin

18 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I can't speak about the Boar, but with Incarnon Strun Prime I'm 99% sure it's just normal spread.  Even though it's one of the tighter shotguns.  Anyway, if I mod for 40 multishot (I have a multi riven.) I can get a full charge 100% of the time under the right conditions.  Those being that the target has to be tough enough to survive the triggerpull, and I have to minimize the spread through distance / ADS / accuracy bonus.  Oh, and it has to have a head. :P

The wiki article for the Strun says it only takes 20 to charge up fully, but that hasn't been true for a long time if it ever was.  If there was a change from 20, it could be that sudden difference is what threw you off, in addition to the corpse/multishot thing.

Yeah I've noticed with all the shotguns that the more range there is between me and the target the better the charges build, which to me is completely backwards since longer range should mean higher spread and logically more hits on the body instead of head. But it likely ends up with more pellets being allowed to deal damage instead of having the target die to just a fraction of them. DE really needs to change the system.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah I've noticed with all the shotguns that the more range there is between me and the target the better the charges build, which to me is completely backwards since longer range should mean higher spread and logically more hits on the body instead of head.

Just to be clear, that's not what I was describing.  Shorter range in general is a positive factor for my Strun charging.   The only negative,is it can get hard using ADS at very close range on a moving target.  But I also don't need the ADS accuracy bonus at those ranges, so I'm not comfortable calling that a negative of short range rather than one of ADS.

I'd rather keep regular form as is, but make Incarnon mode equal to the base's power, and be more of a "convenience" bonus. I.e better range, bigger "magazine" and bigger projectile.

In essence, change Incarnon form like this:

• Multishot increased to 4 (from 1) - same as the base gun.
  • Damage per projectile reduced to 190 (66/33% Radiation/Slash, instead of Radiation/Impact), meaning total damage is increased to 760 (from 600) when multishot is considered - this is the same total damage as the base gun, albeit with different damage distribution.
  • Fire rate increased to 3 (from 1) - same as the base gun's fire rate.
  • Trigger changed to fullauto (from semiauto) - same as the base gun.
  • Recoil is reduced to be the same as the base shotgun.

19 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Just to be clear, that's not what I was describing.  Shorter range in general is a positive factor for my Strun charging.   The only negative,is it can get hard using ADS at very close range on a moving target.  But I also don't need the ADS accuracy bonus at those ranges, so I'm not comfortable calling that a negative of short range rather than one of ADS.

I read it wrong, my bad. Still, close range for me practically never works, neither with Strun, Boar or Felarx, things just die too quickly for the pellets to count. But then when I switch to shooting at targets at longer range it builds to the point where I can more or less fire blindly into a crowd aslong as the reticle elevation roughly aligns with their heads.