The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please no mission timeouts on Jupiter Disruption syndicate missions once the objective is done

Stafelund

Not sure if this happens to other syndicate disruption missions but I've seen this happen twice. And I had the timeout start on me while I was still hunting for the rest of the medallions and the objective has been finished, no enemies are spawning. 

A timeout of any sorts should not appear at that point considering there are no enemies to grind resources with and there's a valid reason for players to linger thanks to the syndicate medallions. Thankfully when this happened I was able to get all the medallions.

Also, Jupiter is one of those tilesets that encourages exploration since it has secrets. A player may be looking to get those secrets and the medallions at the same time.

• Like 6

It started even with less than 15 minutes for me, after successfully finishing all the conduits. 

And it doesn't make sense if the enemies are not spawning anyways and especially if this doesn't even happen for other mission modes. Before I hit the extraction the whole map is devoid of any mooks except those people you find behind Alad V's labs. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CatboyPrincess said:

doesn't matter. unless exterminate has a similar timeout, it's nonsense.

That timeout is likely to prevent players from farming wave modifiers/enemies without scaling, same for Exterminate. I am not sure if this was added before, after, or at the same time they did this to Capture due to Oxium farms. It's not really nonsense.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

Yep, that's exactly what it is for. Though if enemies stop spawning then the timer shouldn't be appearing at all especially if involves something like a syndicate medallion hunt. Not sure if it puts a strain on any of DE's equipment but I find that difficult to believe since we aren't on any servers while we play. Otherwise, there should be a timeout on paused solo games too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

That timeout is likely to prevent players from farming wave modifiers/enemies without scaling, same for Exterminate. I am not sure if this was added before, after, or at the same time they did this to Capture due to Oxium farms. It's not really nonsense.

Thanks for clarifying.

My biggest peeve with it is that it's pretty easy to miss the timeout and very punishing to boot. That's happened to me a few times.

Edited by CatboyPrincess

10 hours ago, CatboyPrincess said:

Thanks for clarifying.

My biggest peeve with it is that it's pretty easy to miss the timeout and very punishing to boot. That's happened to me a few times.

For sure. Honestly, I feel like they should remove the timeout and fix the core problem that scaling missions aren't as rewarding as the theoretical non-scaling enemy missions. The Fissure booster system could honestly apply to the rest of the game with a cap, and it would discourage players from farming non-scaling missions while still being available for newer players who aren't geared for endurance just yet. Or better yet, they could just have an enemy spawn cap of 1000 for non-endless.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Or better yet, they could just have an enemy spawn cap of 1000 for non-endless.

Even that wouldn't be enough to stop some dedicated players.

Remember the venari glitch that people abused for affinity (and therefore focus and syndicate standing) that required zero enemies and just standing on a specific geometry shape in Vallis?

Even just removing enemies wouldn't necessarily be enough to stop some form of exploit from being found that is then abused by a large number of people before DE can release a patch to stop it from working.

I mean people did try to use Spare Parts + Djinn Reawaken (before the changes that now makes this combo completely different) for getting large amounts of rare resources by just waiting for Djinn to die, give them resources, respawn, and then repeat it over and over again.  With the right tiles you didn't rely on enemies for this to function, and there were even setups that would work with enemies being the cause of Djinns death.

Before DE can just remove the timeout on missions for not killing/advancing the objective they would need to do a really fine pass of everything to go "Could someone set up a macro to abuse this for 12 hours while they're sleeping and get something out of it in the end...."

Because after all, it doesn't matter if it is efficient or fast, if it's "free" and works with a simple macro for essentially days on end then someone will abuse it.

Edited by Tsukinoki

6 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Even that wouldn't be enough to stop some dedicated players.

Remember the venari glitch that people abused for affinity (and therefore focus and syndicate standing) that required zero enemies and just standing on a specific geometry shape in Vallis?

Even just removing enemies wouldn't necessarily be enough to stop some form of exploit from being found that is then abused by a large number of people before DE can release a patch to stop it from working.

I mean people did try to use Spare Parts + Djinn Reawaken (before the changes that now makes this combo completely different) for getting large amounts of rare resources by just waiting for Djinn to die, give them resources, respawn, and then repeat it over and over again.  With the right tiles you didn't rely on enemies for this to function, and there were even setups that would work with enemies being the cause of Djinns death.

Before DE can just remove the timeout on missions for not killing/advancing the objective they would need to do a really fine pass of everything to go "Could someone set up a macro to abuse this for 12 hours while they're sleeping and get something out of it in the end...."

Because after all, it doesn't matter if it is efficient or fast, if it's "free" and works with a simple macro for essentially days on end then someone will abuse it.

That's kinda just the sad state of the game though, and it will never be fixed, even with the timeout. I was just spitballing ideas for a way to let players not get timed out while looking for things in mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Just coming back to dig this up, since I had a mission set in Jupiter again, and the mission was Disruption:

xsufLmn.jpg

Zn48fIb.jpg

At this point there were LITERALLY NO ENEMIES and the countdown is all for naught. DE please don't do this in this mission. Not sure why I'm being rushed here, no resources from your end are being eaten and there's nothing exploitable here because there's no more enemies to kill and farm.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gabi_h said:

Why do you complete the objective if you want to search for medallions? Please tell me WHY?

It times you out too if you don't complete the objective after a while when searching, so you're also a bit forced. Plus they're in the way so I won't have to go back to them again. I'll ask you this: why won't you complete the objective if: 

1) you can go to the extraction if you feel like it

2) no enemies, so you can stroll at your own leisure

And it goes back to the same question again, this time for no one else in particular. Why are we timed out when there's no enemies and you are your own server?

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 2