The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock-on and homing weapons

(XBOX)Mastermitchel89

Weapons like Tenet Diplos and Sepulchrum secondary fire have Lock-on and homing targeting

Problem: They are too slow or difficult to target and aim to actually use effectively, or are worth less than normal firing

Solution: Increase the reticle targeting/ Lock-on radius -Like Mesa, so its simpler to aim and more widely useful. but not too bigger

Simply a cone that slowly shrinks further from the player until its pin point 40+ metres away where after that point goes back to usual pin point aiming

This is specifically a crowd control issue where crowds need 1 bullet per/s,  not 1 after 12 seconds of aiming precisely 24 different times

Second issue: Lock-on turning Automatic weapons into semi weapons Example Tenet diplos

Solution: Automatically fire after locking-on, Even if there is a 1 second delay

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89
  • Like 1

I think those drawbacks are fair, you do gain that auto-aim ability after all. The Diplos are just awful guns overall, though, and need serious help. But the Sepulcrum is so good that I forget it even has an alt-fire.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

i have tried it and the autoaim is flat out worse than normal aiming, better to just use Mesa instead.

Edit: what i mean is, i actually wish the Diplos had a different mechanic, the auto aim system is soo bad that it just is annoying to use. which is sad, because the Diplos is great without the autoaim system it has.

i also wanted to point out that weapons with good auto aim wouldnt even be that strong, when mesa exists.

also, Kunai incarnon exists too.

Spoiler

Edited by (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika

I don't have Diplos, but Sepulcrum is fun as hell. One of my 3 favorite sidearms.  Its lock-in mode is much better suited to slower play...and afaic, that's fine. 

There are some improvements I've always wanted for it.  The only significant one is that locking on fewer than the max targets should concentrate its firepower rather than reducing it. 

That would be a situational increase to the speed of its gameplay, but not the main point.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Increase the reticle targeting/ Lock-on radius -Like Mesa,

I am completely unsure if you guys are reading the same sentence as i am

A Mesa 4 Reticle that increases the reticle range/ radius that a Lock-on can Lock onto enemies,

so that one doesn't have to aim Directly on the enemy to Lock-on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

I am completely unsure if you guys are reading the same sentence as i am

A Mesa 4 Reticle that increases the reticle range/ radius that a Lock-on can Lock onto enemies,

so that one doesn't have to aim Directly on the enemy to Lock-on 

2:07-2:47. woulda made it a clip but the option's missing.

Spoiler

Edited by PollexMessier