Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's claws are too big

Koushik_Ayame

It's been a long time since I've been back in the groove of this game and came across my Garuda and man I was surprised how stupidly massive her claws are. I remember why I got sick of playing her. Her new passive, kills = more damage, pretty decent ability attacks and significant sustainable energy/life regen but her claws... they're such an eye sore. They're ridiculous just sitting there doing nothing, blocking my visibility when using stuff like bows. Like the new Nataruk. I'm okay with them when I actually use them. Otherwise they're in the way. Why can't we just have a simple toggle button for them? Not visible or like retracted into a small package when not in use and they spring out when using abilities or for melee.

She would be my most favorite Warframe to play. I want to enjoy playing as Garuda but those claws make it hard to. They don't even look that cool. They're just too big.

• Like 1

With other weapons, it's not as bad. I try to tune them out. I have my FOV maxed primarily because of Garuda alone, but with bows her claws block what you're looking at in the distance. Not the best design in my opinion. She's a great offense and support Warframe, which is how I like to play, but those claws.

Edited by Koushik_Ayame

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-11-11 at 10:10 AM, Koushik_Ayame said:

I mean look at this view. How is that not annoying?

You bring up a good point. I personally cannot possibly disagree more on Garuda's claws being too big the rest of the time; that's a big part of what gives her her silhouette, which is one of the most important parts of visual design. But when using bows, they do seem to get in the way. Garuda Prime's claws are, of course, even bigger and more curved out so they stick into the field of view when drawn back on a bow more. I don't recall (without the game in front of me) where the deluxe skin's claws land on that scale. I know there are other cosmetics that disappear on the user's side when the camera gets too close; perhaps Garuda's claws need to be given that treatment? It's something the devs would need to be asked about.