Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the ancient disruptor energy draining attacks go through status immunity, invulnerability and everything else.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

2 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

It is not something that gives difficulty, it is simply unfair, if an eximus leech takes away your energy you had the time and the signals to avoid its effect, if a trahx takes away your energy you had time to see its attacks, dodge them, hide or even jump high to not let the beam hit you, and with many enemies it is like that, they stand out from the crowd, they make auditory and visual signals before using their abilities and their attacks can be clearly seen and their effects do not scale infinitely, the disruptor does not has none of that.

Steel Path is unfair.

If they gave more of a tell for Disruptors, I probably wouldn’t mind so long as it wasn’t too long or too telling; the standard game I can still have a good sense of what they’re doing because the spawnrates are more fair and I can keep track of them.

But that’s a change that spans both SP and Standard because it’s changing the fundamentals of the enemy itself. And if it’s going to be adjusted for unfair Steel Path, it’s going to be overadjusted for the standard game

hace 32 minutos, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

Steel Path is unfair.

If they gave more of a tell for Disruptors, I probably wouldn’t mind so long as it wasn’t too long or too telling; the standard game I can still have a good sense of what they’re doing because the spawnrates are more fair and I can keep track of them.

But that’s a change that spans both SP and Standard because it’s changing the fundamentals of the enemy itself. And if it’s going to be adjusted for unfair Steel Path, it’s going to be overadjusted for the standard game

When was Steel Path presented as an "unfair" mode? And because something is unfair, should it be left alone? instead of trying to balance it?

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

When was Steel Path presented as an "unfair" mode? And because something is unfair, should it be left alone? instead of trying to balance it?

What part of Steel Path screams fair and balanced, and why would I not want it to be mostly left alone when I’m jumping into it because of how unfair and unbalanced it is? It presents loads of opportunity for build puzzle solving that the standard game can’t because the standard game knows what things like restraint are as part of its balancing. A few too many Disruptors with infinitely-scaling drain add flavour, but there’s more to it than just them, and if that’s going to be reigned in when there’s already the standard game with balance and more options, I’m going to want a Platinum Path instead

hace 15 minutos, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

What part of Steel Path screams fair and balanced, and why would I not want it to be mostly left alone when I’m jumping into it because of how unfair and unbalanced it is? It presents loads of opportunity for build puzzle solving that the standard game can’t because the standard game knows what things like restraint are as part of its balancing. A few too many Disruptors with infinitely-scaling drain add flavour, but there’s more to it than just them, and if that’s going to be reigned in when there’s already the standard game with balance and more options, I’m going to want a Platinum Path instead

Do you really think the path of steel becomes incredibly easy simply by balancing the disruptor?

here it seems like you're just trolling.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Do you really think the path of steel becomes incredibly easy simply by balancing the disruptor?

here it seems like you're just trolling.

I want more obstacles in my way towards making SP easy, which is the point of refining the builds in the first place. The unbalanced unfair nature of SP provides those opportunities to figure out how I’m going to do that, Disruptors included

hace 10 minutos, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

I want more obstacles in my way towards making SP easy, which is the point of refining the builds in the first place. The unbalanced unfair nature of SP provides those opportunities to figure out how I’m going to do that, Disruptors included

That no longer makes any sense, that something unfair gives opportunities for what? The only thing it does is restrict your options, it's like a defense mission impossible to complete because it doesn't take you to frost or limbo, here you've already lost all the meaning, it's like seeing someone praising the errors of the game, I imagine that for you The revision of the eximus was unforgivable.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

That no longer makes any sense, that something unfair gives opportunities for what? The only thing it does is restrict your options, it's like a defense mission impossible to complete because it doesn't take you to frost or limbo, here you've already lost all the meaning, it's like seeing someone praising the errors of the game, I imagine that for you The revision of the eximus was unforgivable.

Of course it restricts options. That’s why I don’t live in Steel Path. That’s what the rest of the game is for.

The eximus revision was great, I thought. Even in the standard game it was a bit much to ask that someone deal with an energy drain aura that goes through walls. If it was cranked up to be unfair in SP, well…

I think you’re confusing…. something. Steel Path is unfair and unbalanced and lacking in options but does it's job to provide a place to take and test builds and loadouts that don’t fit in the standard game of which there are inevitably going to be fewer of those, the whole game isn’t SP even after 2k hours, and the rest of the game has balance and options, and the game is extremely non-linear

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

1 hour ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

You do know that the game works on a “Power comes with a literal cost” system where, from the modless start, if you’re going to slot power enough to handle something like Steel Path, you’re going to be sacrificing something else. That means the higher you go, the fewer options you already have

I mean you are right but I hate knockbacks even more because it is much more applicable.

Knockbacks are already brutal enough as-is even though Overguarded enemies are immune to it yet we can still be knocked to the moon and back even if we have immunity, the only way is through is being grounded which is a very baffling stat to try and understand.

And just now came to the conclusion that energy drain attacks exist when playing invuln builds even though I've done hundreds of SP infested runs so I wouldn't call them the bane of my existence if that was the case. You are playing vs infested, you can get your energy back by killing a couple of those suckers pretty easily. And it is melee only so there you can easily spot it before the wind-up. So even with all of these compounded issues it really isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

So, while yes the energy attacks are awful I at least find there is logic in it. Knockbacks on the other hand are so much worse because it uses a different logic for enemies vs you.

Edited by Numerounius

hace 2 horas, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

Of course it restricts options. That’s why I don’t live in Steel Path. That’s what the rest of the game is for.

In a game where they increasingly add more power (archon shards, incarnon adapters, arcana) and more things to farm on the steel path, that concept is obsolete.

hace 2 horas, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

The eximus revision was great, I thought. Even in the standard game it was a bit much to ask that someone deal with an energy drain aura that goes through walls. If it was cranked up to be unfair in SP, well…

I think you’re confusing…. something. Steel Path is unfair and unbalanced and lacking in options but does it's job to provide a place to take and test builds and loadouts that don’t fit in the standard game of which there are inevitably going to be fewer of those, the whole game isn’t SP even after 2k hours, and the rest of the game has balance and options, and the game is extremely non-linear

You seem to have an obsession with Steel Path getting worse.

hace 1 hora, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

You do know that the game works on a “Power comes with a literal cost” system where, from the modless start, if you’re going to slot power enough to handle something like Steel Path, you’re going to be sacrificing something else. That means the higher you go, the fewer options you already have

I started talking about the disruptor and why it should be balanced, you gave me more and more absurd arguments, and I really don't plan to continue talking to someone who thinks that a broken and unbalanced game is something that is okay. Fortunately, the latest updates have not involved the Infested, and I hope that when one comes out, this enemy will be reviewed.

hace 1 hora, Numerounius dijo:

I mean you are right but I hate knockbacks even more because it is much more applicable.

Knockbacks are already brutal enough as-is even though Overguarded enemies are immune to it yet we can still be knocked to the moon and back even if we have immunity, the only way is through is being grounded which is a very baffling stat to try and understand.

And just now came to the conclusion that energy drain attacks exist when playing invuln builds even though I've done hundreds of SP infested runs so I wouldn't call them the bane of my existence if that was the case. You are playing vs infested, you can get your energy back by killing a couple of those suckers pretty easily. And it is melee only so there you can easily spot it before the wind-up. So even with all of these compounded issues it really isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

So, while yes the energy attacks are awful I at least find there is logic in it. Knockbacks on the other hand are so much worse because it uses a different logic for enemies vs you.

the Knockbacks doesn't take anything away from you it just ends up being annoying, you can also avoid the Knockback with mods, skills and even block it with melee weapons and the enemies have a cooldown time, they also nerfed a good part of the Knockbacks when they changed the way the hooks work.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

17 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

In a game where they increasingly add more power (archon shards, incarnon adapters, arcana) and more things to farm on the steel path, that concept is obsolete.

You seem to have an obsession with Steel Path getting worse.

I started talking about the disruptor and why it should be balanced, you gave me more and more absurd arguments, and I really don't plan to continue talking to someone who thinks that a broken and unbalanced game is something that is okay. Fortunately, the latest updates have not involved the Infested, and I hope that when one comes out, this enemy will be reviewed.

There’s nothing saying that shards, Arcanes, or Adaptors are strictly for SP. I’ve got them for some of my favourites and use them just fine outside of SP to augment my builds and loadouts as well as within SP, and that’s from just jumping in to use Steel Path for what it is, and while I think it’s nice to be rewarded, I just wanted some place to go that didn’t make players feel like they had to engage with the mode to chase redundant amounts of power.

Though with a bunch of players who drank the Kuva Kooliad and suffer from more power than sense treating SP like the default while wondering where the balance of the game went, I’m not surprised DE are giving more things to get from it to shut them up while they complain about lack of reason to optimise way beyond anything the standard game can offer (utterly shocking how the game doesn’t work like that). Took DE long enough to put Fissures into the mode, I’m sure that made you happy.

If they review the Disruptor, understand that the standard game is going to come first and SP is going to be secondary consideration. That means they may even inadvertently make them worse when the Disruptor is run through the modifiers that make SP what it is, though I expect that they’re going to try and strike a balance because they know your asking them to turn SP into the standard game that already exists but they literally can’t because SP is not meant to be like the standard game

• 1 month later...
On 2023-11-13 at 2:18 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Old janky code, most likely. The energy drain is, to my knowledge, COMPLETELY unique and used nowhere else in the game. If true, it's possible the devs themselves might not even know, believing it to be just a generic Magnetic damage attack

well it is not a "magnetic" attack b/c it is currently going through a maxed arcane nullifier which does 102% magnetic proc resistance.

• Like 2

The Energy Drain through invulnerable and similar was a direct action against perma Hysteria Valkyr.

Despite her claws not scaling well enough do to anything but finishers by the time the immortal would matter. For some reason this got a lot of attention at the time. There were a considerable amount of topics and debate over her. Sadly, the actual scaling problem with Disrupters has never been addressed. Their drain is a product of base damage, not the damage they deal. So around level 300 they can clean your energy without breaking your shields.

If I'm not mistaken, they also never addressed their aura effect being additive resulting in 0 duration on abilities.

• Like 1