Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Host Migration After Every Mission with Squad

(PSN)Wolf_Lover220408

1 hour ago, BigheadFPS- said:

why is happening or if possible a band-aid fix for it

This issue is usually a result of a tunneling problem within' your network or pathing (either locally or by the ISP / wider internet). All DE's servers do is facilitate host and client IPs to connect to one another, then attempt to connect via UDP tunneling. If anything in that chain causes a disconnect, including misconfigured equipment or sudden route failure / timeouts, it disconnects. There's nothing particularly special about how they connect to other clients either, other than it being specific ports on a UDP connection and the game handling the payload and communication (which every application does this way, with their own ports and structure).

Some users have found using a VPN to simulate an endpoint can resolve these issues, and I usually recommend Cloudflare WARP to people who choose that route (since it will always use the closest available server and is generally in region); otherwise, it could be anything from the router, the modem, or the ISPs backend configuration causing tunneling to fail in a myriad of ways, and there's not really much DE can do to resolve that. They can use relays as proxies for difficult NAT types or in situations like this, but I'm unsure how they trigger this or the availability of their capacity. I'd usually recommend contacting either your ISP or DE support (https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) as they can have you do network tests to determine where the issue might be and what you can do to resolve it.

1 hour ago, Naroxas44 said:

This issue is usually a result of a tunneling problem within' your network or pathing (either locally or by the ISP / wider internet). All DE's servers do is facilitate host and client IPs to connect to one another, then attempt to connect via UDP tunneling. If anything in that chain causes a disconnect, including misconfigured equipment or sudden route failure / timeouts, it disconnects. There's nothing particularly special about how they connect to other clients either, other than it being specific ports on a UDP connection and the game handling the payload and communication (which every application does this way, with their own ports and structure).

Some users have found using a VPN to simulate an endpoint can resolve these issues, and I usually recommend Cloudflare WARP to people who choose that route (since it will always use the closest available server and is generally in region); otherwise, it could be anything from the router, the modem, or the ISPs backend configuration causing tunneling to fail in a myriad of ways, and there's not really much DE can do to resolve that. They can use relays as proxies for difficult NAT types or in situations like this, but I'm unsure how they trigger this or the availability of their capacity. I'd usually recommend contacting either your ISP or DE support (https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) as they can have you do network tests to determine where the issue might be and what you can do to resolve it.

That's the problem as a Playstation user we don't access to a VPN to play. Also this game is the only one that gives me this issue. It was fine before Dagath update I don't know what happened or what changed. Also, the issue that happens its like the game freezes for a couple of seconds and pretty much boots you. I have tried pretty much everything :( 

Edited by BigheadFPS-
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, BigheadFPS- said:

Also, the issue that happens its like the game freezes for a couple of seconds and pretty much boots you.

I think a bunch of threads got merged into this one, this issue of it freezing might just be something specific to the PSN4/5 build. Mine was just about generic host migrations and why they might randomly occur, since there were a bunch of posts about that here.

I have now left the game before the update from Dagath where I started with Game on Playstation 5 there were the problems of standstill and host migration etc. There is not all the best to you tennos at all

Xbox (started on switch) player here EVERY mission today that was public has kicked me back to orbiter

my ping limit was 300, I set it to unlimited and was able to play a match.

the weird thing is that I'm sure my ping limit was already set to unlimited, so maybe the "connection issue" is the game is resetting this option without actually meaning to

or this issue is just acting like a fussy child.

theres also the fact that if I open the NW menu it either kicks or forces other players who are loading slow to load in.

22 hours ago, Leviathis_Krade said:

Xbox (started on switch) player here EVERY mission today that was public has kicked me back to orbiter

my ping limit was 300, I set it to unlimited and was able to play a match.

the weird thing is that I'm sure my ping limit was already set to unlimited, so maybe the "connection issue" is the game is resetting this option without actually meaning to

or this issue is just acting like a fussy child.

theres also the fact that if I open the NW menu it either kicks or forces other players who are loading slow to load in.

So wait, putting the ping limit at unlimited is making the connection more stable for you? Have you gotten those freezes still or is it smoother? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigheadFPS- said:

So wait, putting the ping limit at unlimited is making the connection more stable for you? Have you gotten those freezes still or is it smoother? 

there's still a 1/10 tries where it wont let me join but, honestly this situation is so weird, there is also a weird interaction where it wont let some other players join squad until I open the nightwave menu kicking the dialogue for the mission into gear.

just did the archon defense as host and had 1 khora successfully join & 3-6 other players trying to join but were constantly being kicked until I opened nightwave which then stabilized the connection for the two remaining slots in squad.

the gameplay is fine overall it's just the again weird connection issues.

In the meantime the update of Dante has appeared but the problems have not changed. Stand pictures have still remained migration problems still exetate and in because patch notes does not even see what was working on it was sadly really sad

• Like 2

The console or the internet connections aren't causing this. Stop modifying your settings, guys, you can ruin something because of this. It's Warframe only, it's the game, DE screwed up something serious after the cross save implantation, Dagath's update specifically. We must be thousands of players suffering this every day in silence, almost every random squad member tells me that they are getting this issues. This is getting worse every update or hotfix, now with Dante's update I'm getting this issues 5x often. Anyone knows the DE Rebecca's email or how to get some direct communication with her? Almost 6 months and the people in this forum, don't give a 💩 about this. They have answered just one single time about it with a recommendation that haven't fixed anything.

Edited by EricFabiani
  • Like 2

for anyone still struggling with this issue a bandaid fix is selecting the nightwave menu, it will work.

if you are in loading purgatory ask for host or a squad member to open this menu.

give it a few seconds and boom it either kicks you or forces you to load in.

again the issue isn't ISP or network, nor is it with the fidelity of the game b/c it looks beautiful when one can team up outside of solo.

and gentle reminder if you're here its b/c you love playing this game, so dont bark at the devs for something they obviously cant find on their end yet.

On 2024-03-31 at 7:49 PM, Leviathis_Krade said:

for anyone still struggling with this issue a bandaid fix is selecting the nightwave menu, it will work.

if you are in loading purgatory ask for host or a squad member to open this menu.

give it a few seconds and boom it either kicks you or forces you to load in.

again the issue isn't ISP or network, nor is it with the fidelity of the game b/c it looks beautiful when one can team up outside of solo.

and gentle reminder if you're here its b/c you love playing this game, so dont bark at the devs for something they obviously cant find on their end yet.

Bark at the Devs? Are you calling dogs to the gamers that are reporting a massive bug?, can some moderator delete the message of this guy, or we can starting being offensive with everyone here? 

Don't get a misconception about why we are here, buddy. I'm not "loving playing this game". I like to play Warframe because of my FRIENDS, I even brought people to the game to get some fun together, not only to play Warframe. Now we are suffering all these bugs inside the game, but this is the worst, so far, we just stopped to play Warframe because of this, we'll search another social game to play. Please, if you love this game, talk about yourself only.

The devs how you call them, didn't and may will not find a fix for this bug, I'm pretty sure. Warframe is plagued of bugs, and most of them haven't get a fix in several years. The annoying topic here is the way they treat to their community, i.e. I spent 3 months to get and answer, not a resolution, only an answer, about a problem that I had to claim my Regal Aya, now I'm still here, getting new issues with the game and getting only 1 answer not a resolution, during 6 months. 

So dear buddy, I'm being gentle too: go to bark your bandaid fix at people that accepts that you call them dogs! 

Edited by EricFabiani
  • Like 2

On 2024-04-03 at 4:53 PM, EricFabiani said:

Bark at the Devs? Are you calling dogs to the gamers that are reporting a massive bug?, can some moderator delete the message of this guy, or we can starting being offensive with everyone here? 

I used the term bark not to insult, but as the literal definition: 1. : to utter in a curt loud usually angry tone. an officer barking orders. 2. : to advertise by persistent outcry.

please dont add words I did not say. I've reported this bug several times already on the forums as well; this is an issue DE have time and again been unable to replicate in house.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing the bug is still around? I've moved to playing on PC because of it and haven't looked back, but I do miss my tennogen stuff. Would love to have a stable PS game again

Things to remember are that your isp and the connection might be solid but the host may well be in another land different ISP and possibly their connection is not the best. Also if the system has added a player with a unstable connection they might be effecting the team as a whole ? not 100% sure on that issue but over the years I have often had a mission where at exit everyone was stuck until 1 player just left by aborting the mission and then suddenly the remaining 3 players could exit correctly. Quite common in ESO and to a lesser extent void fissures.

If everyone had perfect speeds stable connections and no latency problems would the issue still persist ? I am not a network engineer so cannot answer that. I also wonder how much of the issue is effected by the different companies? PC  as far as I can tell simply works over the web but when I had an xbox I had to use a microsoft/xbox login etc then once logged in access to the web based games was possible. Sony and others do the same and as we all know such companies love nothing more that data collection etc even if they say it is there to improve things.....so I ask myself to what extent might the various extra login steps etc impact the game ?

all of what i say is not written in stone but merely conjecture but in fairness to the dev's I do believe the issue is far more complex than asking DE to go fix things. 

14 hours ago, johnno23 said:

in fairness to the dev's I do believe the issue is far more complex than asking DE to go fix things. 

It 100% is, if it were some simple task it would definitely already be solved.

14 hours ago, johnno23 said:

If everyone had perfect speeds stable connections and no latency problems would the issue still persist ?

To further elaborate on this, there really isn't such a thing as a "stable" connection in regards to networking - things are constantly in flux, with dynamic routing on backend servers happening on the fly. There's also many different kinds of ISPs and infrastructure configs, so one could reassign you an IP every hour and break your connection to host / other clients, and one could just not allow UDP punch through for certain IPs or clients (either due to firewalls or NAT types). These things aren't particularly noticeable when just web browsing because they don't require persistent connections and can quickly try to recover if there's an issue, but with P2P it would have to re-negotiate and retrieve a new IP and go through the forwarding and tunneling process again. Personal network equipment could also suddenly close the in-use ports due to a firmware bug, or any other number of things could go wrong.

Most people like to point and wave the finger at the game, but the fact is it establishes direct IP connections between host and clients; the majority of the things that occur with disconnects or connectivity issues at that point are going to be a result of something in the connection pipeline (or on the user's end), and the game can't do anything about that. It can try to gracefully recover (caching user IDs and session IDs and attempting to rejoin new sessions or reforming them) and implement a hybrid approach (on-demand relays for hosting sessions as they transition or if they can't migrate host, so it doesn't disconnect all players), but that's very time consuming to handle every single condition between networks and costly to spin up on-demand hosting (they already do this for relays, and those tend to die really hard during events like Tennocon due to the sheer number of people online).

There's still many things to improve upon, but the network pipeline itself is very streamlined in terms of what it does - send traffic on port, listen for traffic on port, decompress packets and interpret them, and vice versa for sending them out. The majority of the issues in my experience are with game logic, i.e. an ability not working properly on hosts vs clients, progress not migrating or syncing properly, etc. and not the connection itself.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-28 at 12:08 AM, johnno23 said:

Things to remember are that your isp and the connection might be solid but the host may well be in another land different ISP and possibly their connection is not the best. Also if the system has added a player with a unstable connection they might be effecting the team as a whole ? not 100% sure on that issue but over the years I have often had a mission where at exit everyone was stuck until 1 player just left by aborting the mission and then suddenly the remaining 3 players could exit correctly. Quite common in ESO and to a lesser extent void fissures.

If everyone had perfect speeds stable connections and no latency problems would the issue still persist ? I am not a network engineer so cannot answer that. I also wonder how much of the issue is effected by the different companies? PC  as far as I can tell simply works over the web but when I had an xbox I had to use a microsoft/xbox login etc then once logged in access to the web based games was possible. Sony and others do the same and as we all know such companies love nothing more that data collection etc even if they say it is there to improve things.....so I ask myself to what extent might the various extra login steps etc impact the game ?

all of what i say is not written in stone but merely conjecture but in fairness to the dev's I do believe the issue is far more complex than asking DE to go fix things. 

Nothing about ISP, console, connection or anything else. This bug began with Dagath's update for random users, it's the game and the developer. 

• Like 1

7 months after this bug started, users are totally forsaken by DE. No answer by DE, no fix, only nothing! That's DE, thanks so much for screw up the game and ignore the players, I'm leaving Warframe.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, EricFabiani said:

7 months after this bug started, users are totally forsaken by DE. No answer by DE, no fix, only nothing! That's DE, thanks so much for screw up the game and ignore the players, I'm leaving Warframe.

Safe travels 

Edited by johnno23
mistake on my end
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-30 at 12:22 AM, johnno23 said:

Safe travels 

Oh Tysm!, happy fools stay, you must be struggling a lot a loooot farming the new character Protea rn 😆 safe frozen travels too! 

Edited by EricFabiani

1 hour ago, EricFabiani said:

Oh Tysm!, happy fools stay, you must be struggling a lot a loooot farming the new character Protea rn 😆 safe frozen travels too! 

Victim of your own assumptions again. I am not particularly interested in Protea Prime and regular Protea never really used her very much at all. I have also never been into farming for anything in particular as I discovered early on that rng was a wicked mistress and that just playing the game having fun and jumping around different mission types I pretty much fill my inventory with pretty much everything over time without effort. Protea Prime I will have eventually but not in any rush to go grinding and hoping for positive results. 

I also thought you were leaving but apparently you did not. So the only fool is the one that stays for more of something they do not enjoy. The game is large enough in scope for me to pick and choose what i find fun to do and not get hung up on something I find annoying. By the way I have no real issues with host migration outside of it happening on rare occasion and never constantly. I am pretty sure that I am not the only person to have minimal issues and still regard that for many people may have issues it is down to the connection they have with the isp the other players and the issue that can arise from p2p connectivity. Any glitch in the pipeline can and might cause an issue. Pretty much the same as having a PC issue is not always a reason for yelling at MS

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-01 at 9:47 PM, johnno23 said:

Victim of your own assumptions again. I am not particularly interested in Protea Prime and regular Protea never really used her very much at all. I have also never been into farming for anything in particular as I discovered early on that rng was a wicked mistress and that just playing the game having fun and jumping around different mission types I pretty much fill my inventory with pretty much everything over time without effort. Protea Prime I will have eventually but not in any rush to go grinding and hoping for positive results. 

I also thought you were leaving but apparently you did not. So the only fool is the one that stays for more of something they do not enjoy. The game is large enough in scope for me to pick and choose what i find fun to do and not get hung up on something I find annoying. By the way I have no real issues with host migration outside of it happening on rare occasion and never constantly. I am pretty sure that I am not the only person to have minimal issues and still regard that for many people may have issues it is down to the connection they have with the isp the other players and the issue that can arise from p2p connectivity. Any glitch in the pipeline can and might cause an issue. Pretty much the same as having a PC issue is not always a reason for yelling at MS

People like you make bad game developers, trying to defend the indefensible, fanatics of a bad product. They should be thinking that causing a bug like this and saying/doing nothing to fix it, it wouldn't be so bad in the future, probably 😂

I mean, look at you, saying that it's a minimal issue, caused by a bad internet connection or an ISP issue. They didn't like the Dagath's update? 😆 

Stop playing a game plagued of bugs, guys. I've finished Lies of P and FFXVI while you still struggling with frozen screens. Lies of P is an awesome game, really awesome!!!, on the other hand FFXVI wasn't the game that I thought but enjoyable enough! Cheers and... Happy fools stay! 

Edited by EricFabiani

• 2 weeks later...