Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Tutorial for All Players

geitaron

After completing the "Play 8 Railjack missions" weekly for Nightwave, I have noticed some lack of knowledge of how the gamemode works from my team mates.

The RJ Quest is not a proper tutorial, which leads to players not even knowing how to destroy Crewships, and they keep firing on them with regular turrets for 10 minutes before finally Googling how to do it. There also seems to be confusion what "Away Crew" and "Railjack" means, as many a time I have to Recall myself to the ship, destroy the radiator, and go back inside to the Shipkiller platform as an example.

The Orphix mission also is confusing: Why is the Necramech allowed indoors in this special mission and not others? Where does the game tell you this? The first time I did the mission, I was very confused and had to Google how to do it after trying to finish it with just the operator.

Even the multitool is a mystery for beginners: Why it suddenly doesn't work anymore? How do I refill it? Oh, go donwstairs to a section the game never mentioned to exist and fill it? Thank you Google.

Now, maybe I'm just not that good at video games and should have figured this out all by myself without Googling, but having this part of the game require Googlefu is not... good game design.

Warframe has never been particularly good at explaining basic features, but it's true that Railjack is the worst contender here. Learning it when it was released was OK because it was trendy, but I can feel the pain of newcomers trying to understand what's happening there - I'm not even sure I'd remember how everything works if I had to re-do Railjack missions nowadays.

But Railjack is pretty much dead/forgotten content nowadays, don't expect any official tutorial to be ever created.

4 hours ago, geitaron said:

There also seems to be confusion what "Away Crew" and "Railjack" means, as many a time I have to Recall myself to the ship, destroy the radiator, and go back inside to the Shipkiller platform as an example.

Yep, they need a descriptor: 'Away crew are the people doing the fun stuff, and the Railjack crew have to hold back and do nothing until the away crew tell them to'. I mean have you tried being the one to wait in the railjack and letting other people do the away stuff? You could lead by example.