The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt Account Interaction Loophole?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Question

https://www.warframe.com/news/cross-platform-save

Q: Which accounts are eligible for a One-Time Account Merge?
Any account created before 2 p.m. ET on November 24, 2023 is eligible for a One-Time Account Merge. You may also merge accounts created after the cutoff date, so long as the merge is performed with at least one other Warframe profile created before this date.

Note the last line.

Sounds like, I'm free to create a new Alt account on PC (existing account is PS4)

use the free starter plat to buy some items, maybe farm a few coupons

then Merge it into my main account and transfer all that loot

no apparent time limit, since my existing account was established Before the cutoff

Granted, its a One Time Thing

but still.... seems like an exploit that goes against the rule about Alts Interacting.

with potential great profits depending on how long I want to farm the Alt before doing a merge.

doesn't seem like there's any way to distinguish Intentions between this and a 'legit' merge; as it is currently written.

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

Rebbecca did say it's a "good faith system" which honestly, always comes to bite the maker in the ass.

I get it, they have faith no-one will abuse it... you know full well there are people who will (just like this).

Yep. I think it's really hard to offer account merging without permitting someone to "farm" and then double dip on an account. Granted, farming most items could just be done with a main account anyways, but hopefully DE looks into things such as Starter Platinum, Archon Shards, Incarnon Adapters, and similar items where they are meant to be one-time or time-gated, not double dipped on.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Oh I didn't even think of those!

especially with the upcoming shard changes, that's a big deal.....

I'm sure DE will release a full list of exceptions at some point. There are so many one-off situations with items like DE mentioning the Nvidia Braton skin. No player should get an advantage over others with their merge, it should just be a unification of their playtime. Double dipping items with a restricted acquisition is possible, but unlikely to slip by. I mean even if DE didn't think about it, I'll be mentioning this often in my comments on the subject to hopefully raise awareness of that loophole, similar to the one you just posted here.

Edited by Voltage

I mean yes but it is only 50 plat total and would only increase your plat to a value of 100p. Which is very small in the grand scheme of things. And unless there is some one-time resource that can be used I don't really think there is that much abuse that can be done with it. Just the tennogen stuff which is in the same bag of worms.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Nelsconey said:

This loophole seems pointless.   (LR2 speaking)  

I think the cutoff was 11-24 anyways. 

The way it is Currently Written

only One of the two accounts needs to have been created before 11-24; with no specified time expiration for merging a newer account into it.

so potentially someone could make an alt account now, level it all the way up to LR2 as well over the next 3 months, then merge it into their main one.

TBH if I was DE, I'd have said only accounts created Over 1 Year ago (before X-Play was even advertised) can be merged....