Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of Life update

SagirPrime

TLDR; add a "remember password" to the game launch.

New to the game, so I am sure there is already a thread on this and probably a bunch of opinions on this already however, I think this game needs a "remember password" on the game app launch. Sure, in a prefect world I would remember every password, however, I just started playing and had to leave for holiday. Coming back from holiday I failed my allotted password attempts and now have to wait an "unknown" amount of time to try again (it just says too many failed attempts. try again later). I like the game, but if I am always going to have to repeat this hurdle (I don't have a lot of free time to play as is) to try and play a game, I'll probably just end up elsewhere. A lot of games already have the feature of saving the password, so please add it. 

I don't know where to contact the game staff to see if they would do it. Maybe the community can help bring it to their attention. Thanks for your help/opinions. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

My guess would be that the console version uses their PSN/XLive profile or something.

This is exactly what they do

They use the account registered with your console to log into Warframe. An example would be if you had your Xbox account saved on PC, and you logged in by clicking the icon on the main website. It’s instant, and doesn’t require a password. Unlike.. cough cough PC accounts. 

I would rather DE made Warframe launched through steam use it as Authentication to log the player in directly as some games do. No need to type in UserName or Password.

I have had issues with the game where typing in the Password bar was also allowing text to be typed on the background, this led me to have to change my password once because of this bug i ended up sending my password on the Twitch Chat during a Stream i was watching...

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

vor 12 Stunden schrieb SagirPrime:

TLDR; add a "remember password" to the game launch.

New to the game, so I am sure there is already a thread on this and probably a bunch of opinions on this already however, I think this game needs a "remember password" on the game app launch. Sure, in a prefect world I would remember every password, however, I just started playing and had to leave for holiday. Coming back from holiday I failed my allotted password attempts and now have to wait an "unknown" amount of time to try again (it just says too many failed attempts. try again later). I like the game, but if I am always going to have to repeat this hurdle (I don't have a lot of free time to play as is) to try and play a game, I'll probably just end up elsewhere. A lot of games already have the feature of saving the password, so please add it. 

I don't know where to contact the game staff to see if they would do it. Maybe the community can help bring it to their attention. Thanks for your help/opinions. 

probably the same reason as at work a few years ago: data “protection”.

There were people in our company who thought we were little children. and my work colleagues then got upset because it made no sense at all and was absolutely useless. and I expressed that in a politically correct way. because there were blatant swear words.

So it's about some mindless law in the country.

7 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

through steam that could work, but what about the standalone launcher? you can't log that in based on a platform login.

[your email here]

[your password here]

☑️ Remember this computer

2fa authentication for anyone logging in from another location/computer

Edited by Skoomaseller

11 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I would rather DE made Warframe launched through steam use it as Authentication to log the player in directly as some games do. No need to type in UserName or Password.

I have had issues with the game where typing in the Password bar was also allowing text to be typed on the background, this led me to have to change my password once because of this bug i ended up sending my password on the Twitch Chat during a Stream i was watching...

Be careful what you wish for. Any game that utilizes SteamAUTH for credentials, will also forcefully boot you from the game whenever SteamAUTH's servers go down (which happens constantly, all the time) and you won't be able to hop back on until SteamAUTH comes back up again.

I just read about this topic from a thread from a few years ago, the replies wasn't as welcoming then. Some bozos even think it was good for security.

🤓🖕 First of, people would choose convenient password over secure because they have to type it constantly, making guessing the password for remote access a lot easier.

💪🤓🖖 Second, if a bad actor got a hold of my PC, then my Warframe account would be the least of my worry.

Sorry, I just had to rant about that. Yes, D.E, please fix.

• Like 2