The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Arcanes/Exilus Slots

(XBOX)Muevelos

I hope melee arcanes won't be  just "increase damage by doing x", I want something more like lifesteal, attack speed, heavy attack efficiency or even range because damage of melees are not the issue, the limited usage is. In order to melee to rise in populartiy, these arcanes need to provide flexibility so every frame in every condition can use it (without dominating the meta of course). 

Exilus slot seem like it will be mostly reserved for tennokai mods (which I am excited for). If they decide to make some old mods exilus compatible, I think stuff like life strike or dispatch overdrive would be compatible instead of range mods.

1 hour ago, Troll_Killer216 said:

Dawg how the hell are we supposed to proc headshots with melee constantly 💀💀💀💀

It's pretty simple to do intentionally with some combos and positioning.  But the easy answer is spam spam spam, and you'll get lots of melee headshot kills. 

When I was keeping track, it wasn't unusual for me to have 10-20% headshot kills with melee only, and that was before the 3x multiplier.

On 2023-11-30 at 6:41 PM, (XBOX)Muevelos said:

I was curious on everyone's opinion what could be the Melee Arcanes? I know we don't really know but if we're guessing what do you guys think they could be? Do you think they will be added to the Acolyte table?

Also Melee Exilius, I know the new TennoKai mods(9?)will have the ability to be put in this slot, but I was curious what you guys think other mods they will look at and add to this slot? In theory, looking at secondary and primary I can see a case where primed Primed Reach Should be here. Which would help a lot of builds and give more flexibility for more damage or double dipping on utility. 

Thanks all!

We have no way of knowing what they will be.

I know once upon a time +damage was considered one of the best stats to roll on rivens. Now its considered "meh" because you can have 360% or more damage from an arcane. 

"+ damage" is already mid on melee rivens because CO exists. So im wondering what will happen.

It wouldnt surprise me if CD AS Range rolls suddenly become not so coveted.

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's pretty simple to do intentionally with some combos and positioning.  But the easy answer is spam spam spam, and you'll get lots of melee headshot kills. 

When I was keeping track, it wasn't unusual for me to have 10-20% headshot kills with melee only, and that was before the 3x multiplier.

I know, I mainly use melee and I get a lot of headshots too, even more than the gun players but I do not think arcanes can benefit from it consistently.