The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bug: Controller doesn't work on Snowday Showdown

100Rats

I'm having a problem. When I try to play Snowday Showdown on PC with my usual controller, it doesn't work. I cannot move or interact, just access menus. However, when I play normal Conclave Annihilation, it DOES work.

Edited by 100Rats
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, 100Rats said:

I'm having a problem. When I try to play Snowday Showdown on PC with my usual controller, it doesn't work. I cannot move or interact, just access menus. However, when I play normal Conclave Annihilation, it DOES work.

I just did a match and had the same thing happen. I didn't have a good time trying to panic swap to KB&M and ended up just being a liability to my team who carried me.
I want the glyph but would hate to accidentally 'grief' due to controls.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the mode doesn't work. Constant loading times and waiting times and no one joins my team to play. This mode is a shame. The developers should be ashamed of what they present to us here. Not the first event that doesn't work. There were hundreds of bug fixes and errors in the plague event.

Same here. I'm on steam deck. I think I have narrowed it down. I think it has to do with Steam input. I have a friend who uses the launcher without Steam, and they are able to use the controller in Snowday Showdown. For anyone here, if you have the option, try the launcher without Steam and see if it works.
I don't exactly have that option, so I hope DE fixes this soon.

Me to yesterday but my mouse recently broke, u really want to play but the TouchPad us really hard to use for me :(

6 hours ago, Chuck_Burlap said:

Same here. I'm on steam deck. I think I have narrowed it down. I think it has to do with Steam input. I have a friend who uses the launcher without Steam, and they are able to use the controller in Snowday Showdown. For anyone here, if you have the option, try the launcher without Steam and see if it works.
I don't exactly have that option, so I hope DE fixes this soon.

Oh that could be it, u recently switched over to steam when I cane back to warframe.

I will keep this in mind, thank you

Can confirm:

When running from steam:

• team annihlation works ok on a controller
  • snowday showdown doesnt work at all

When running from the launcher outside steam (though it did force a 36gb download first):

• snowday showdown works ok with a controller (though other players still seem to move 4 times faster than me and its still a lousy experience)

Was going to use this to level conclave from 0 up a few levels, but dont think I'm going to bother.

Adding to this for what it's worth. My problem was I was stuck with controller settings because I was on my Steam Deck, so I had to play a whole match doing nothing except jumping and throwing, no movement, and couldn't open chat. Adjusting the controller settings or order did nothing to help.

Made me feel bad enough I had to jump on my computer just to make up for it.

I'm guessing a fix isn't coming before Whisper in the Walls, but hopefully it's something they can sneak in that patch so I can play from my couch again.