The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative balance

(XBOX)OnYurWifi

Question

I had made a support ticket a 4  days ago because my little brother had bought play in my account without telling me so I had refunded it I didn’t know it was against the rules  when I get on Warframe it says my account it restricted for negative balance does that mean my account is banned  Forever ?

11 answers to this question

Refunding plats is not against the rules, but chances are the refund made you go negative in plat balance : if you or your brother spent some of the refunded plat into the game before requesting for a refund, you'll end up with negative platinum balance. This will trigger an automated ban. I'm not sure if re-buying what's missing will bring your account back actually because I have never experienced the negative plat balance thing in the first place, so I'd advise holding off your credit card until your get a proper response from the staff.

Has the player support desk already responded to you ? If not, you definitely want to wait for them to respond before attempting to re-buy plat or some stuff like that. If your brother has bought stuff without your consent, they will probably need to remove the stuff recently bought from your inventory first. Also, don't be worried if they take a long time to respond : the player support desk is usually super busy so it's not unusual to wait for a whole week before getting an actual answer.

Edited by LascarCapable

2 hours ago, (XBOX)OnYurWifi said:

I truly don’t play Warframe nomore but my brother do he’s 8 but. It was only 10 dollars so I said I’ll give him 10 at the end of the week and I thought that was going to fix it but it didn’t he’s  probably sol but it was only 10 dollars 

Support will still need to unlock your account. Just have to wait for them to action it.

Usually negative balance is because some platinum was taken from you from DE, thats probably because you got platinum from real life money (outside of de)

You will have to buy that amount of plat with money to get back the account.

Edited by SoyNegativo

Because I thought I could trust him and it’s a 6y+ account he don’t know how to grind so I let him use my account so he don’t cry to me 24/7 about what to do warframe not a kids game but he likes ninjas and stuff so I’ll put him in a survival on earth and let him do him for a couple hours  wasn’t thinking he was going to use money cuase he never did it before until now 

Yeah, good intentions but NEVER let someone else use your account, especially kids. Kids are amazing at screwing things up and not understanding how badly they have screwed up. There are entire video sagas on 6-12 year olds getting into their parents Amazon accounts and buying thousands of dollars worth of stuff, or spending absurd amounts on mobile games. Now, if you do want to continue letting him play (though again, I don't recommend it) make sure you watch what hes doing, and UNLINK YOUR PAYMENT INFO. Every time I buy plat, I go buy a use anywhere visa gift card, put the money needed plus taxes and such on it, then buy my plat and cut the card up. It's an extra step and a touch annoying, but in the off event someone gets into my accounts, they cannot access my true debit card. It also means the card will register as "empty" and won't allow any purchase as it'll overdraw the account. This works on consoles via game cards too, such as Nintendo Switch cards.