Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back The Amazing Eternals

ZippScull

If any of the devs read this, please bring this game back for another round. I played TAE back in 2017 when it was in early access, the art style, the comic book characters, maps, and stunning vision of the game made me me loved it ever since it came out. I miss nautica, dread, winter, and ray since they are a PERFECT representation of comic book heroes, villains, and monsters that were inspired by comics irl. I remember this game cancelled due to lawbreakers failure and overwatch's success, which is upsetting and frustrating because theres been MANY games that were canceled for reasons that wouldn't make sense to many and the fact that some games don't get recognition online or a conventions. Now look at the success league of legends, still running, had millions of players, always known it's made by riot, and now riot made valorant which is another success. Warframe had such a long run like league of legends, why not bring back The Amazing Eternals is the REAL question? Yeah lawbreakers failed but that's a whole different game that had something different but similar to overwatch but with gravity, everything these will compare anything damn with overwatch, even paladins. Heroes shooters can unique in their own way based on gameplay, characters, maps, gamemodes, and etc. I wouldn't look at another game's downfall or its failed marketing strategy for recognition, I seen many people in the YouTube comments they'll say they never heard of the game or thought it released already but had no trailer or updates. I want The Amazing Eternals back for another round, one more time to get recognized by the game community, and I want it to shift to a different direction where it's not so similar to "overwatch", it only it was "not your typical hero shooter" and side of uniqueness and creativity then The Amazing Eternals would be as successful as Valorant. 2 different games, but hey, look at the devs at league of legends, they decided to make a few new games, 1 became successful and the other is a beat em up game of their champions fighting each other. Why cant warframe devs move on to something new? Not entirely, I already see that soulframe game that looks familiar. Why can't you guys take TAE out of the shelves and take a much closer look on what you guys should do differently? I miss this game alot, and the wasted potential was NOT needed just because another game is getting its larger player base and popularity. Hell, I would ask the warframe community if they want a brand new game. Hopefully TAE would be the answer for another chance, I've since people in yt comments wondering how, why, what and when did The Amazing Eternals vanished? This off topic, but I'm hoping ANY Digital Extremes devs would read this or any player of the warframe community knows where am coming from.

The Amazing Eternals has to come back, me and everyone who played it back in 2017 miss it. :(

it'll return once you learn how to paragraph....  maybe that's harsh, but my eyes hurt now.

7 hours ago, ZippScull said:

theres been MANY games that were canceled for reasons that wouldn't make sense to many

there's only one needed reason to cancel a game: it's called "no longer being financially viable", I.E., it's not going to make enough money to cover the amount it cost to develop it, much less an actual profit. at the time, the hero shooter market was oversaturated too, and now any new ones that want to come out have to compete with the likes of overwatch 2, which is not ideal, to say the least.

Why cant warframe devs move on to something new? Not entirely, I already see that soulframe game that looks familiar.

familiar for now*, which is one of the main reasons I'm not hyped for it. if they develop it more and give it its own unique identity beyond just the art style, it might be worth it. there's also something to be said for not going too far outside of the box, especially when said box has worked well for years: given the choice between gambling a ton of money on something completely different, or using what you've learnt and building on it without straying too far from what you're good at, the choice is pretty clear. DE make a decent third person action game, so why risk it all on a first person hero shooter that has nothing in common with their past projects?

a good example is Bioware: they made Mass Effect, a fantastic single player story-driven experience, but then EA told them "now you have to make a straight up looter shooter".. guess what the result was? that's right.. Anthem. I needn't say more. 

This off topic, but I'm hoping ANY Digital Extremes devs would read this or any player of the warframe community knows where am coming from.

I doubt the devs will see it here, and just because I know where you're coming from, doesn't mean I agree with you.

• 2 months later...
On 2023-12-09 at 7:32 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it'll return once you learn how to paragraph....  maybe that's harsh, but my eyes hurt now.

there's only one needed reason to cancel a game: it's called "no longer being financially viable", I.E., it's not going to make enough money to cover the amount it cost to develop it, much less an actual profit. at the time, the hero shooter market was oversaturated too, and now any new ones that want to come out have to compete with the likes of overwatch 2, which is not ideal, to say the least.

familiar for now*, which is one of the main reasons I'm not hyped for it. if they develop it more and give it its own unique identity beyond just the art style, it might be worth it. there's also something to be said for not going too far outside of the box, especially when said box has worked well for years: given the choice between gambling a ton of money on something completely different, or using what you've learnt and building on it without straying too far from what you're good at, the choice is pretty clear. DE make a decent third person action game, so why risk it all on a first person hero shooter that has nothing in common with their past projects?

a good example is Bioware: they made Mass Effect, a fantastic single player story-driven experience, but then EA told them "now you have to make a straight up looter shooter".. guess what the result was? that's right.. Anthem. I needn't say more. 

I doubt the devs will see it here, and just because I know where you're coming from, doesn't mean I agree with you.

"My eyes hurt now", I see why dimwitted people never read books, read policies, and read hand typed essays because ALWAYS complained that their "eyes hurts". You could've just keep it moving, and dont bother replying to me. Plus the topic it wasn't directed to you, are you a DE developer??? Nah, keep it moving, rude mf.

A run-on paragraph is not an enlightened form of writing just for the record, hitting the Enter key once or twice to section things for the reader is pretty commonplace (though sadly nowhere near enough apparently) for reading cohesion and formatting.

Also, for a topic directed at DE, you put it probably in the single least likely place for it to be seen or read (that being the OFF-TOPIC subforum of the General Discussion forum) and if a person on the forum doesn't want to bother reading a meandering wall of text then I don't see any likelihood (even if DE did in fact read Off-Topic threads, which again, they don't) that DE would bother with it either.

On 2024-02-21 at 12:04 AM, ZippScull said:

rude mf.

Ngl that post was kind of rude. You could’ve just kept it moving instead of replying to that. 
Plus this is the forums, a public space, not a direct DM to the devs. Your post isn’t going to only be viewed and replied to by the Devs. 
Keep it moving my dude, both replies were unnecessary. 

Now that that’s established… In regards to the post, I too would like to see The Amazing Eternals return. Someday… hopefully…