The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12/22/2023 Cross Platform Save: Re-opens January 2024

[DE]Megan

Hello Tenno!

As of December 22nd at 5 p.m. ET, the final Cross Platform Save “drip gate” has closed for 2023. Thank you, Tenno, for your patience, enthusiasm, and feedback as we worked through the rollout. We’ll return in January to re-open the gates and provide respective fixes. 

• Like 24

ive been trying to connect my xbox acc to pc for over 2 years. ive been waiting and i missed it by 10mins? i was sitting here trying to connect them for like 30mins bcuz the system is so messed up and bugged. since the first announcement last month ive been trying to find info about all of it and be ready for it yet when its time to connect them the system and linking doesnt even work

Edited by (XBOX)Imortaltao
  • Like 14

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)Imortaltao said:

ive been trying to connect my xbox acc to pc for over 2 years. ive been waiting and i missed it by 10mins? i was sitting here trying to connect them for like 30mins bcuz the system is so messed up and bugged. since the first announcement last month ive been trying to find info about all of it and be ready for it yet when its time to connect them the system and linking doesnt even work

Bud please the window was open for 9 hours. And I'm pretty sure the website had issues only in the first hour or so. Now be patient and sit tight until the feature comes back in days with more fixes and stability. Enjoy your Holidays.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

As of December 22nd at 5 p.m. ET, the final Cross Platform Save “drip gate” has closed for 2023. Thank you, Tenno, for your patience, enthusiasm, and feedback as we worked through the rollout. We’ll return in January to re-open the gates and provide respective fixes. 

We, the community, absolutely appreciate the effort you are putting into the game and this! but next time, PLEASE!!! give us more time! a lot of people work! I couldn't merge my accounts cuz I was a clan owner, a clan that I never used or invited people to! so I fixed the problem and now I have to wait till get home just to learn that I'll have to wait a little bit more!

• Like 3

Feel like in the interim cross platform trade should be turned on for all tenno not just to those that spent more money with de (founders, then those who bought prime access big bundle but not counting the accessories pack) which the drip gate kinda felt like might feel like it to other tenno too. Maybe suspension of trade limits. That way those can move tradeable items from one account to the other. Then when cross save merge reopens the rest that can't be tradeable can merge. 

I just want to say thank you for all the efforts put into this game. I've played Warframe with friends on PC, I've played with other friends on Xbox and played with some coworkers on PlayStation and today I got to merge all those accounts into one! Had to sort out the inventory and sell off some duplicate stuff, but this was my most wanted feature for the game! Now I no longer have to worry about what stuff do I have on which platform! Thank you for this great Holiday gift!

please reconsider blocking accounts that copied over to Switch from having their PS5/XBOX/PC accounts merged. 

Not asking for a giant duplication hack, copying from pc to switch and merging back.... just unrelated Playstation account being merged into my PC account. I'll overwrite the switch account if I ever use it again.

• Like 2

Love THIS, I just had 2 members from my Clan who haven't played since 2019 come back to play!

I just hope I don't run into too many more of these though:

I9na2DD.jpeg

If I knew this was going to be something, I would have enabled Cross Save.  Guess I will have to wait til January.  I guess I was trying to trade with a PC player who switched to Playstation, because they did have a Playstation Icon now.

• Like 1

I don’t think not allowing us to trade with the console players we originated from if they don’t have cross-save enabled was the right call, and is unfair for console players please re-evaluate these limitations and let us trade with people who don’t have cross-trade enabled if pc players can trade with everyone regardless why can’t we? There could be separate trade windows for cross-trade and platform trade, not being able to trade stuff to clanmates/gift them because they don’t wish to enable cross-save is infuriating, even if we have to disable cross-platform to trade it’d be a step in the right direction instead of alienating players who don’t wish to enable cross-save. 

Edited by (XBOX)A Lost Nova
  • Like 3

On 2023-12-23 at 4:26 AM, cybermonsterwarrior said:

January? I thought everyone was going to be able to link accounts this year? 

At this point, I think I'll just tune out for a month and hope that when I return, I can finally merge accounts because it's felt like F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

If you transferred platforms in the past, you're locked out from merging. I'm disappointed how this wasn't mentioned anywhere and then silently added to the FAQ days after it was posted. We were told back then we're never getting cross save, and now we're being unintentionally punished for our loyalty. I've been waiting patiently to return to this game for over 3 years since it became an increasingly terrible experience on the Switch and eventually got so blurry it caused me and many others headaches. I really hope once the main event is over, DE looks into fixing this and allowing us to merge transferred accounts without being able to dupe items or cause any other such issues. With how stressful this is for many of us, I'm sure it's 10x more stressful for the staff at DE, so I urge everyone to be patient and understanding. Still, sucks I won't be returning since there's Tennogen on my PS4/5 version I spent good money on and prime access I can't repurchase until god-knows when. Upsetting, but there's nothing much anyone in my shoes (and there are many) can do but wait some more. Hopefully we at least get a (not rushed and uninformed) response from DE once they return, cross save is fully implemented, and development continues as normal.

On 2023-12-23 at 5:34 AM, Morgawse said:

please reconsider blocking accounts that copied over to Switch from having their PS5/XBOX/PC accounts merged. 

Not asking for a giant duplication hack, copying from pc to switch and merging back.... just unrelated Playstation account being merged into my PC account. I'll overwrite the switch account if I ever use it again.

This, but I disagree that the only solution should be to delete just the Switch account since many of us actually progressed on that account. That would be a good option if it's an actual solution to the problem(s). I don't know how the duplicate accounts interact with one another, but I'm praying we can delete either one without affecting the other. However, I'm not hopeful that's the case.

On 2023-12-22 at 10:28 PM, (XBOX)Imortaltao said:

While I believe it's important that we are patient, understanding that we're not waiting a long time, whatsoever at all, for the option to return, I do think it's important to hold DE accountable for failing on another promise. I understand the line between transparency and a relatively satisfied community is picometers in width, but the correct decision would have been honesty. If you're not 110% sure you can follow through on something, don't promise it. And if you are 110% sure, don't make the promise absolute and make it clear that there is room for error.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
Typos
  • Like 1

So DE, can you tell us what your going to do with previous merged accounts that seems to have basically screwed over  many of your paying player base and went ignored so far?

I was one of teh mugs stupid enough to fall for the clickbait FOMO you lot created when you released the game on Switch and offered PC users a limited time to transfer a PC inventorty to a Switch account, no doubt this greatly benefitted DE as it meant you had an active player base with some progression helping to kick start a Switch community.

So how do you think that group felt when it turned out you excluded us from merging and cross save?

I am typing this here from my Switch account, that I have never played. It was simply a back up as I lived in a home with PC, Xbox and Swicth consoles and knew what it was like living without Warframe when one platform was unavailable.

There was no talk back then of being able to use one account on any platform, when I didnt have a PC I created an Xbox account, I ended up with three platforms and only played Xbox and PC depending on location.

Now I am stuck with an old generation Xbox that sucks as an experience that has had a lot of money spent on it now catching up with my PC account.

Yet due to having stupidly done the Switch merge unknowing I would later be punished for that, here I am with two seperate accounts that cannot be merged.

Can DE explain why I could not have had the option to merge my Xbox into my primary PC account, and simply link this Switch account?

If you cannot develope a system to do that, would that not infer your not really up to the task therefor overcharging for much of the content? I put off purchasing Prime Access for Grendel on Xbox, though I have spent more than DE is worth on that and my PC account, pretty sickened that I was not allowed to merge, yet you were happy to offer me the chance to DELETE years of grind and expence on my xbox account, simply because I once due to it being a time limited offer did the Switch merge. with no time travel to see what the future holds.

Not that the Switch merge was technichally a merge, you asked us if we wanted to mirror out accounts on Switch, they were never connected in any sort of cross platform.

• Like 2

LOL imagine being mad you missed out an announced date like it's any one's fault but your own. I missed out, and im a looong time vet who spends more than most, I can assure you. But guess what? I didn't pay attention and i missed the date. 

I understand people wanting an exception to rules because they spend a lot of money or have been around forever, etc. etc.; but imagine how many "exception requests" they must get a day. There is no way to please every one, and that is why some times rules are actually a good thing. They announced a date. You either made it in by then or you didn't. It isn't DE's fault if you missed the date and people need to grow up. See you in January.

Edited by (PSN)hahajake
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

This, but I disagree that the only solution should be to delete just the Switch account since many of us actually progressed on that account. That would be a good option if it's an actual solution to the problem(s). I don't know how the duplicate accounts interact with one another, but I'm praying we can delete either one without affecting the other. However, I'm not hopeful that's the case.

I agree I think, I assumed Switch should be deleted... I am fine with that as long as the two accounts involved in the original copy/paste for any system should not be allowed to now merge. That is essentially a massive duplication hack for a ton of frames, weapons, mods etc... you didn't earn any of that via plat farming, or play. If you were saying you wanted to merge a X-Box account into your Switch, and were willing to delete your PC data - sure. 

I think if two accounts were merged then - pick one, delete the other and then now at the stage any additional accounts can be merged into the newly declared primary account. The idea that I should be allowed to merge my un-used but cloned switch account back into my PC essentially duplicating 99.9% of my inventory is not reasonable or fair. Pick one of the merged accounts. If you progressed on both, then don't enable cross-save or choose.
Deleting the other account and then merging anything else into the now declared primary make sense. Enabling massive item duplication hack for certain people that did take the one time offer of an account transfers to switch is silly to ask for.

Edited by Morgawse
I mis-read the quoted statement and needed to update my first sentence
  • Like 2

1 you cant farm plat, you can trade for it or buy it, to you would have technically earned all that stuff, you played for it, also it prolly would override a lot of data, not only just that but you would lose a lot of frames, weapons, companions, and vics, cause you would lack the slots.. cause it prolly wont take the number of slots both accounts have and just add them. that and it prolly would ask you what accounts you wanna login to the same way the companion app and these forums would....... also why dose no one talk about an undo function in the obby, i made on that took a long time and someone in my clan griffed it a cuple of years ago, also why we cant save them to our accounts either.