The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12/22/2023 Cross Platform Save: Re-opens January 2024

[DE]Megan

I orginally played on a low spec PC so when the switch port came out I migrated/transferred my game to switch and played on that for a while. After some time I started disliking the grainy and blurry visuals of switch version so I just stopped playing and haven't played in a few years.
I've been waiting for cross save to start playing on my gaming PC using my switch account. I am not looking to merge account, just want to link accounts and make the account that is on my switch my main account but play it on PC. 
Do I need to create a new pc account and then link it with my switch account with switch one as main or can I use my old PC account (the one i first used to migrate to switch)?
Is there any issue for linking since my switch account is a migrated account?

man i work late ass hours causing me to miss the last merge, a heads up a week or two in advance would be nice so I can at least call off that day to make the merge time frame please give us something I've been waiting years to finally be able to play this game again!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

You're honestly in the gray area.  They said you should be able to. But at the same times I don't think as single person who made a new account has been able to merge instead of link.

If you can't I would would create a support ticket before just linking to get clarification. 

well, thanks you! how i can create a support ticket?

17 hours ago, (PSN)BurberryAaron said:

man i work late ass hours causing me to miss the last merge, a heads up a week or two in advance would be nice so I can at least call off that day to make the merge time frame please give us something I've been waiting years to finally be able to play this game again!

You can do it from your phone and it takes all of 3 minutes. You don't and should not need to call out of work for a merge that can be done in an instant. I did it in the bathroom at my job went in to use it, saw the news merged accounts, washed my hands and walked out and went right back to work like nothing happened.

PS I didn't read late hours, until i posted so this is my bad. However my above statement stands, still super quick and you don't even need to be at your PC or Consoles.

Edited by DarkxXxDrag0n
Added info

vor 33 Minuten schrieb DarkxXxDrag0n:

You can do it from your phone and it takes all of 3 minutes. You don't and should not need to call out of work for a merge that can be done in an instant. I did it in the bathroom at my job went in to use it, saw the news merged accounts, washed my hands and walked out and went right back to work like nothing happened.

PS I didn't read late hours, until i posted so this is my bad. However my above statement stands, still super quick and you don't even need to be at your PC or Consoles.

Ah it’s good to know! Was wondering, if I can do that on my cellphone or if I need to be in a game/ or need to be online on the website  via pc or laptop 

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Tearx3 said:

Ah it’s good to know! Was wondering, if I can do that on my cellphone or if I need to be in a game/ or need to be online on the website  via pc or laptop 

Biggest tip I can give is read, read, read, esp if you're on your phone. Just to make sure you're selecting the correct things before you continue as it is permanent and I do not want to see any other Tenno deal with headaches like some already have. And I would like all Tenno to have a good time playing this game.

Edited by DarkxXxDrag0n
Spelling

4 minutes ago, (PSN)LilWeenieHut said:

has cross plat save come out yet?

No it has not. From DE - Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix 35.0.7 Hello Tenno and Happy New Year! This Hotfix includes back-end fixes and improvements towards Cross Platform Save that are needed before we re-open the gates again this January. Dates to come - stay tuned

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DarkxXxDrag0n:

Biggest tip I can give is read, read, read, esp if you're on your phone. Just to make sure you're selecting the correct things before you continue as it is permanent and I do not want to see any other Tenno deal with headaches like some already have. And I would like all Tenno to have a good time playing this game.

Uuh is it that difficult? 
🙈 hopefully it will go fine 😅 

On 1/8/2024 at 7:20 PM, DarknessNightshade said:

I don't mind waiting if it means they fix the ability to authenticate your Nintendo Switch accounts, because that is what prevented me and a lot of others from merging on the given days. 

For some reason they removed authentication in a patch note when Whispers went live which meant you can't sign in on the website. 

If there's any update it'll likely be later today, but even then I don't expect the problem to be fixed right away because that seems like a big security issue.

They fixed it  

• Re-enabled the “Web Authentication” button on Nintendo Switch! 
    • After Update 35 launched, this button was not working as intended for a small group of players and would log them out of the website instead of authorizing their accounts as intended, so it was disabled in Hotfix #1 to prevent players getting stuck in a logout loop. Now that the button has been re-enabled, this group can now log into the website again!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (NSW)NeonNebula:

They fixed it  

• Re-enabled the “Web Authentication” button on Nintendo Switch! 
    • After Update 35 launched, this button was not working as intended for a small group of players and would log them out of the website instead of authorizing their accounts as intended, so it was disabled in Hotfix #1 to prevent players getting stuck in a logout loop. Now that the button has been re-enabled, this group can now log into the website again!

Do I need to activate that two factor authentication to be able to do the cross save? 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Tearx3 said:

Do I need to activate that two factor authentication to be able to do the cross save? 

FYI, the Nintendo Switch Web Authentication is not the same as the TennoGuard Two-Factor Authentication. That said, you don’t need to activate two-factor authentication for cross save but you will need to activate it in order to trade with other players. If you don’t activate it you cannot trade.