Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

12/22/2023 Cross Platform Save: Re-opens January 2024

On 2023-12-22 at 5:13 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

As of December 22nd at 5 p.m. ET, the final Cross Platform Save “drip gate” has closed for 2023. Thank you, Tenno, for your patience, enthusiasm, and feedback as we worked through the rollout. We’ll return in January to re-open the gates and provide respective fixes. 

How much longer do I have to wait until Cross save reopens this January? I've already synced my Xbox progress to my Nintendo switch, and now that I got a ps5, I just need to sync my Xbox progress to my PS5. So when will the gates reopen? Next week, or this weekend?

• Like 1

Coming from someone else also having a relatively older account, please have some patience. Keeping up with something of this scale has gotta be staking. I'm frustrated too I promise, but I'm just more excited than anything that it's happening. Honestly the more constructive feedback the better so they can keep the focus on the tasks at hand rather than having to sift.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wardenofsorrow said:

the 17th next week

That’s not what they said. They said 17th is the day Gauss Prime Access releases. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)LilWeenieHut said:

is that comfired? and for everyone?

No. They said they will announce cross save news and dates next week. Jan. 17 is when Gauss Prime Access begins. 

36 minutes ago, Steelface97 said:

Still got 2 and a half weeks to get it out by January; if it's not out by then I'm gonna drop this game for a bit and return when cross save is actually out :)

Kinda thinking the same. want to be able to play my main account from the ps4 again and cant. No playstation and account on pc is way far behind on everything... Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)Shodan_Mitsukai said:

Kinda thinking the same. want to be able to play my main account from the ps4 again and cant. No playstation and account on pc is way far behind on everything... Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

Yeah I'm in the same boat wanting my Xbox progress to be brought over to pc. All in due time I suppose; until then there are other games to hold our attention.

On 2023-12-22 at 6:25 PM, (PSN)sitri_01 said:

Bud please the window was open for 9 hours. And I'm pretty sure the website had issues only in the first hour or so. Now be patient and sit tight until the feature comes back in days with more fixes and stability. Enjoy your Holidays.

more like a month

9 hours ago, Steelface97 said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat wanting my Xbox progress to be brought over to pc. All in due time I suppose; until then there are other games to hold our attention.

I really don’t get how it’s taking them forever to do cross save and cross play issues when they came out every game now has cross save and cross play. I’m just want to play on my ps4 on my pc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDongSquad said:

I really don’t get how it’s taking them forever to do cross save and cross play issues when they came out every game now has cross save and cross play. I’m just want to play on my ps4 on my pc 

For everyone that is saying this here is your answer whether you like it or not. Warframe was made when cross play and cross save were never even thought about so trying to take a game that is almost 11 years old and incorporating it is no easy task. Developing a game to have cross save and cross play is way easier than incorporating it into an old game. So we have a few weeks at the most that is not much longer since most of us have been waiting for years. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PSN)Refried_Memes_ said:

Literally proving the "gamers are never happy with anything" mentality with some of these posts I swear.

It's not so much that players don't appreciate what is being given to us, it's moreso the delivery. 

When you hype up Cross Save for the better part of 2 years it's understandable people would have some expectations. 

Then, when you make promises you can't keep, people will be upset. 

We were told it would be done by the end of 2023, that time between the phases starting and the process finished would take days, etc. I followed almost every update besides the devstreams. 

Even popular gaming magazines were advertising the new feature.

When you have literally hundreds of thousands of players being baited by a dangling carrot for so long, it's inevitable to run into complaints when you hit a wall. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DarknessNightshade said:

It's not so much that players don't appreciate what is being given to us, it's moreso the delivery. 

When you hype up Cross Save for the better part of 2 years it's understandable people would have some expectations. 

Then, when you make promises you can't keep, people will be upset. 

We were told it would be done by the end of 2023, that time between the phases starting and the process finished would take days, etc. I followed almost every update besides the devstreams. 

Even popular gaming magazines were advertising the new feature.

When you have literally hundreds of thousands of players being baited by a dangling carrot for so long, it's inevitable to run into complaints when you hit a wall. 

I just wanna know when I can have my Xbox account on PC... I just found out about this and heard it's supposed to be available in January. Any clue what day?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb NonameNomadPrime:

I just wanna know when I can have my Xbox account on PC... I just found out about this and heard it's supposed to be available in January. Any clue what day?

I didn’t read anything about a specific day… checking daily if there are news about it. Hopefully it will be next week? Maybe together with the new prime ?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)KORNYFREAKBOY:

I hope we get some news soon as i don't want to miss it this time. 

Yeah dito 😅 I’m new in this game and don’t know how they did that the last time. 

was it a time window where everyone was able to activate cross save or will some players get an „invite“ for cross save? 

I would like to know the details of account merging to help me choose a primary account.
For example, for a Warframe, I have already gained experience on account 1. When I select account 2 as the primary account, will I gain relevant experience directly?
Similarly, I'm also curious about how time-consuming things like specializations are merged.

As a player who started a few years back on PS4 but got a PC just last year, Cross Save is something I'm very much looking forward to. Don't want to have to re-level an MR0 account and redo all content I already busted my butt grinding for i.e Railjack, Cornbot, Plains and Fortuna standing, Quill standing, etc. 

I really hope we get news soon, because while I very much miss playing warframe, doing so on my PS4 makes it sound like a 747 about to take off and I want to spare my console the strain for preservation purposes.

Could anyone explain to me what the process would be for me to get my partners switch data merged onto a steam acc are they wanting to link accounts or merge to make the switches progress go to the pc since they until recently only played switch

What so hard for you just to wtite a few words? Like "Hello, we re-open cross in january __". Why are you making this so secret? Or you just gonna tell us that cross will roll out in the end of january and will be available in february? 

• Like 1

On 2024-01-13 at 9:58 AM, 404DN said:

I would like to know the details of account merging to help me choose a primary account.
For example, for a Warframe, I have already gained experience on account 1. When I select account 2 as the primary account, will I gain relevant experience directly?
Similarly, I'm also curious about how time-consuming things like specializations are merged.

Whichever is the primary all the progress is saved for that one in a merge. You only keep items, frames, resources on secondaries. Weapons and mr related xp will be gotten directly from secondary stuff. You keep slots except open riven slots from secondaries.

9 hours ago, Lithomire said:

Could anyone explain to me what the process would be for me to get my partners switch data merged onto a steam acc are they wanting to link accounts or merge to make the switches progress go to the pc since they until recently only played switch

1. When it's open and if your accounts were made before the cutoff date, log into the warframe website for their switch first or whatever platform is their primary.

2. It will ask you after logging in that and clicking on cross save if you have a pc account if you are eligible to merge. If you haven't made a pc account it will tell you to do so now.

3. Follow it to make a username etc, what email. It is ok, as you will still get to merge other platforms to your cross save. Or if you have a pc account already for them, you'd log that one in after the switch one and it will show both the switch and pc account. You will get to compare names, login day amounts.

4.. PICK SWITCH AS PRIMARY next. Then you accept. Any other platforms made before cutoff can be merged to that cross save like ps4/5 or xbox 1/X. Just one of each. If after date, can only link. Be advised any linked platforms lose all progress, items as primary overwrites. In your case, ALWAYS PICK SWITCH if you merge or link others if that is your main. Usually it auto picks it if the others can only be linked, you get a choice if merged.

You can still link and merge other platform for your partner say if they have psn or xbox before cut off date or do a new one to link to. Just remember to NOT merge both of your own accounts. Do each of yours separate. Sometimes use different browsers to do it when you deal with a loved one also doing it or from their own pc. Unless you clear warframe and nintendo cookies you could mess up the other's cross save.