The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You've completely screwed up trading with this nonsense.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Why in the world do you always put out massive updates right before you go on break?  This is a dumpster fire and it's going to be left like this until you get back.  I do not have an account that I want or need to link to my xbox account to.  I honestly don't trust you to not screw up my inventory with this system either.  You've broken a LOT of my stuff over the years with updates, so I avoided it.  I did not engage with the system, and now I cannot trade with like half the people I should be able to trade with.  Not just cross platform trading.  I've missed out on sales several times today because they had cross save enabled and I don't, and for some unfathomably stupid reason, two players on the same platform cannot trade with each other if one has cross save enabled and the other doesn't.  I'm not making another account just so I can trade on my main account.  And even if I was willing, you made this temporary, so I've missed the cutoff for it, and now both sides are locked out of a LOT of trading because you decided this needed to be released NOW.

• Like 3

They really need to at least flip the trading with people on the same platformback on before leaving for vacation, because when you have 70 Millions Registered (L)users AND you suddently isolate 100000 Users from the pack because they were opted into the cross save trial, then they can only trade with each other and not the 70 million existing other users that didn't flip the switch on... It's a pretty small ghetto. At least give us back the ability to trade with fellows on the same console. PLUS ppl on other platfroms that opted in....

Also it's a stretch to beleive that the 70 Million Registered users have multiple accounts AND will link them, even when being optimistic, if the situation stays like it is now, it's still very likely you will not be able to trade with 90+% of ppl on your own platform.

Edited by Tenno_Cobra
  • Like 1

Yes they billed this cross-trade as a wonderful place where you can trade everyone and that cross-save means you can access your account on any platform.

What they tricked us with is a fake cross-save that just irreversibly turns your console account into a PC account and allows your console to access that PC account for data. And behind the scenes it's just PC accounts interacting with each other PC accounts for trading. Thus eliminating the ability to trade with the console platform you've been on forever since you're now a PC account and can't trade with PSN, Xbox or switch. Unless they too activate cross-save which just makes them a PC account.

This is confirmed by PC accounts being able to trade with other PC players irregardless of if they have cross-save on or off. Because it's all just PC accounts to them.

This is a complete disaster and entirely ruins the game. I doubt they will acknowledge this problem as there is no way to fix it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tenno_Cobra said:

They really need to at least flip the trading with people on the same platformback on before leaving for vacation, because when you have 70 Millions Registered (L)users AND you suddently isolate 100000 Users from the pack because they were opted into the cross save trial, then they can only trade with each other and not the 70 million existing other users that didn't flip the switch on... It's a pretty small ghetto. At least give us back the ability to trade with fellows on the same console. PLUS ppl on other platfroms that opted in....

Also it's a stretch to beleive that the 70 Million Registered users have multiple accounts AND will link them, even when being optimistic, if the situation stays like it is now, it's still very likely you will not be able to trade with 90+% of ppl on your own platform.

The numbers feel wrong, because over half my trades today have resulted in no sale because of cross save.  That's either insanely bad luck, or a huge chunk of xbox opting in.

You're damned either way. They have segregated the trading community. You either opt in and can only trade with those have opted in too but then you can't trade with those who don't enable cross-save even if you were on the same platform before or you don't opt in and can't trade with those who have cross-save even if you used to be on the same platform.

• Like 1

DE should just not release huge updates like this in December.

I get it big money, everyone's on brake, everyone has gift money to spend. Draw people in with a big update and rake in the crowd and their disposable gift cash. Except it's always rushed to make it a December release, always massively screwed up, and they just drop it and blow it off to go on their own brakes while the entire playerbase breaks down for a month or more, and any new players they raked in get a bad experience and write the game off as a buggy disaster that the devs take too long to fix. Because it is, and they do.

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

DE should just not release huge updates like this in December.

I get it big money, everyone's on brake, everyone has gift money to spend. Draw people in with a big update and rake in the crowd and their disposable gift cash. Except it's always rushed to make it a December release, always massively screwed up, and they just drop it and blow it off to go on their own brakes while the entire playerbase breaks down for a month or more, and any new players they raked in get a bad experience and write the game off as a buggy disaster that the devs take too long to fix. Because it is, and they do.

Yeah ok boomer. The minute you constructively and critically assess this game compared to others from far bigger studios you realise that is just absolutely not correct. They have had MANY significant hotfixes already and while the opt in situation is an issue and valid as well just slamming em with that generalised nonsense is part of what people see and turn away from. I have taken to warning people NOT to use these forums outside of bug reports even then I recommend they usually use the support site as you can directly upload screenshots and video to help. That said you might want to create something of this scope and see how easy it is to make decisions at that level (It isnt).

I know you and others will likely be abusive as hell so let me be clear BEFORE you are. I have had times where I have left the game over issues. But I am adult enough to recognize that for a game of this size and what is a still considerably small team compared to other devs/studios I know that they try hard to avoid these issues. They get slammed for content droughts yet when they add something like this they STILL get slammed as it wasnt perfect according to every vocal player who needs reminding they were never part of the development cycle thus never saw the discussions and planning that go into each update. Same complaining PoE Fortuna and Deimos and even more when they released Arcane Dissolution that was frankly a long time coming (another debate entirely not the place here)

At the moment, I'm just grateful to be able to PLAY THE GAME. 

Cross Save feels like something that was crammed in at the last minute so that people could get their hands on it before the end of the year. More than likely, the devs crunched hard to meet the deadline, and trading fell through the cracks. Not much to be done about it but wait patiently until they return and fix it. This bug is inconveneint, but not gamebreaking. 

Edited by Grizzlpaw

6 minutes ago, Grizzlpaw said:

At the moment, I'm just grateful to be able to PLAY THE GAME. 

Cross Save feels like something that was crammed in at the last minute so that people could get their hands on it before the end of the year. More than likely, the devs crunched hard to meet the deadline, and trading fell through the cracks. Not much to be done about it but wait patiently until they return and fix it. This bug is inconveneint, but not gamebreaking. 

DE has done a lot of releases right before Xmas. This isn't the first time and it isn't the first time it has bit them because of issues that were left over X-mas. Seems like a silly predictable pattern that could be easily side stepped. 

1 hour ago, Hyroncore said:

Yeah ok boomer. The minute you constructively and critically assess this game compared to others from far bigger studios you realise that is just absolutely not correct. They have had MANY significant hotfixes already and while the opt in situation is an issue and valid as well just slamming em with that generalised nonsense is part of what people see and turn away from. I have taken to warning people NOT to use these forums outside of bug reports even then I recommend they usually use the support site as you can directly upload screenshots and video to help. That said you might want to create something of this scope and see how easy it is to make decisions at that level (It isnt).

I know you and others will likely be abusive as hell so let me be clear BEFORE you are. I have had times where I have left the game over issues. But I am adult enough to recognize that for a game of this size and what is a still considerably small team compared to other devs/studios I know that they try hard to avoid these issues. They get slammed for content droughts yet when they add something like this they STILL get slammed as it wasnt perfect according to every vocal player who needs reminding they were never part of the development cycle thus never saw the discussions and planning that go into each update. Same complaining PoE Fortuna and Deimos and even more when they released Arcane Dissolution that was frankly a long time coming (another debate entirely not the place here)

Crazy things is it’s only you throwing personal jabs how bizarre pollex wasn’t abusive once, the hotfixes you speak about are because people have literally been losing items from inventories, frames etc, and the poster is right i love warframe but it definitely out any game i have ever played (live service wise) is the worst for update problems, and general buggyness.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 2

I9na2DD.jpeg

I've noticed getting this from a bunch of people.
Felt bad for one guy, all he wanted was Hunter Munitions which you can only get from Hemocyte and Ghouls bounty.. lol, basically he will have to wait to January anyway unless he finds another person who enabled it I guess.

Edited by (PSN)Poestis