Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Stasis Augment

ReapersLimbo

IDK how many time people have suggested a Stasis Augment for Limbo but I had an idea that would make him a bit more useful in a team scenario. 

[Name TBD]
Stasis Augment: Killing an enemy effect by Stasis, drops additional loot. Killing an enemy effected by Rift Surge increases this chance by 1.5% per enemy affected.

Let me know what possible changes this could have and its viability. I feel that DE just doesnt know what to do with limbo now and i feel that his banish needs a rework because it does not work as a subsume for any other frame.

6 hours ago, ReapersLimbo said:

IDK how many time people have suggested a Stasis Augment for Limbo but I had an idea that would make him a bit more useful in a team scenario. 

[Name TBD]
Stasis Augment: Killing an enemy effect by Stasis, drops additional loot. Killing an enemy effected by Rift Surge increases this chance by 1.5% per enemy affected.

Let me know what possible changes this could have and its viability. I feel that DE just doesnt know what to do with limbo now and i feel that his banish needs a rework because it does not work as a subsume for any other frame.

Stasis is antithetical to efficient farming though.  It locks enemies in place, preventing them from reaching you.  There's a reason a Speedva (low strength Nova) is so popular in farming groups.  She helps the enemies reach the team faster.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I was to create a Stasis augment, it would probably look something like this :

Partial Stasis :

• Stasis no longer stop enemy movement of enemies in the Rift, instead, only their projectiles are stopped.
  • Stasis's base duration is doubled.
  • Enemies take increased damage from projectiles/bullets shot by you and your team, scaling with Ability Strength.

My reasoning behind this is that the key issue with Stasis is people hate on Limbo because enemies usually get stuck on the border of his 4. If the Limbo player just so happens to play a bit of range, then he's immediately pointed out as a troll. This makes for some sort of bandaid but comes at the cost of being unable to protect anyone from melee attacks and toxin gas clouds.

• Like 1

Its a decent augment IMO, certainly incentives rift usage, but limbo needs a rework first. He needs to be brought up to the level of newer frames like Citrine, Voruna, Kullervo, or Stynax and be made more team friendly before he can go around banish spamming. RN he's around Nyx or Inaros's level, still kinda viable but boring as hell and in need of reworks.

Edited by Joezone619