Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On Earning Platinum

(PSN)kohkan1

Question

2 answers to this question

Ah sort of. 

Thing about Platinum, and earning it from other players, is that, at some point, someone brought that Platinum. Usually people therefore will tend to pass on that Platinum, because of certain particular reasons. Like, getting stuff they find hard to get, don't want to grind for, or involve an element of luck, and they are lacking that specific luck. 

Which in turn means there are a few ways to make Platinum. You can grind the parts of the game that people do not like? This is something you can control... but if its a way to make Plat? Well hopefully you will find something you personally enjoy... otherwise it will be tough. Additionally you can also get lucky too, say with rare items that a lot of people want. You can't really control this, but playing the game more will increase your chances. 

I'll give you an example of the first. There are certain Arcanes you can usually only get from Eidolons. So if you just farm Eidolons over and over and over, eventually you'll get these Arcanes, and you can sell them for a lot of Platinum. Disclaimer though... there is currently an Operation, Gargoyles Cry that makes these Arcanes more accessible, and there was recently a new Arcane Dissolution system that makes Arcanes easier to get... so the Arcane market AFAIK is a bit unstable right now. Traditionally though... Arcane Energise was a good way to make some Plat. Even potentially selling individual parts to the sorts of players that sell sets, if you were a bit lazy and had spares. Basically though, is. a lot of players don't like doing the amount of Eidolons required. Same with Kuva Lich /Sister Ephemera. Its just an odds game. People might do them for their favourite weapons, but at certain points, they won't care anymore. Some people will do 40 Liches without getting the Ephemera they want. If you get it, you can make Plat, by selling to those types of people. RNG is involved here a little, just not the same way as what I will describe later. Its just really a matter of time here and your willpower. Stuff from Railjack is a bit similar.  Oh and running Corrupted Vaults and selling Corrupted Mods is decent. 

The second? Stuff that requires more RNG but could potential be more lucrative. Like if you unveil a really good Riven for a really popular weapon. Some people can get a bit silly with Rivens, and be willing to pay a lot, for a really good roll, for their favourite weapons. A bit similar, but your luck with Relics as well. Though, if you do things like Rad Shares that can be good. 

So to sort of summarise. Arcane Energise (though its prices have been hit recently. Farming Prime sets via Relics, but patience is, a big advantage too. Like selling vaulted Prime sets will earn you more than whatever is unvaulted or just generally available. You have Corrupted Mods. Oh, grinding whatever is the newest Prime Warframe and selling them on day one is also quite good. New stuff is also quite popular, there are two new Legendary Melee Arcanes that are quite popular, hard to get and thus people are willing to pay Plat for. The other thing though, is making Platinum also becomes a lot easier, the more you play the game, and the longer you have played. Like selling Rivens gets a lot easier when you have 180 Riven Slots. Selling vaulted Prime sets, gets easier when you have been around so long you have "cheap sets" that get expensive because time passes. Arcanes are easier to sell when you can do a 6x3 Tridolon, etc. 

Try not ti burn out either. Platinum doesn't really have a point if you start to hate the game or resent it and quit. Good luck though too! 

Personally, prime parts. I crack relics all the time looking for a specific item, but with RNG, I end up with alot of prime parts that I don't need/want. I've gotten several full Garuda sets, two full Grendals, and some others. If you get a full set of parts for something you don't want, it's usually worth 40-120 platinum depending on what it is.