Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damn You Des & Damage 2.0

manub

You ruined the game for me...

Explanation:

I love (or rather used to love) to use bows in game, because i play for style, etc, etc...

Iused 5 formas on my paris prime, had a crit build, could 1 shot anything by aiming weak points on ennemies.

It was my favorite weapon, found it beautiful...

It is now completely USELESS!!!

Icould do more damage on ennemies by throwing them harsh langage,your damage 2.0 reduced it from the bow of the god of death to utter CRAP! As are now the MAJORITY OF ALL WEAPONS I INVESTED FORMA ON

Thank you, really, for completely ruining this game for me, congratulations,

I think i'll stop playing it soon and play other games, i found this game on steam completely randomly & was really supportive of it cause I liked it & the background you were putting in place, I was a clan warlord & everything, had paid for plat.

You disgust me, if one day this game becomes pay to play, I'll advise my friend to get other games.

Edit:

following tread, seeing lots of ppl calling me whiner & lazy.

Right...

You think I d wait nearly 1 week after update, not reading mod advices & trying everything before complaining?

Think 5 secs, as I said I'm (or rather was) a satisfied customer, I used bows meaning I didn't complain about some pesky underpowered weapon stats. & I never said I paid plat for formas or catalysts or weapons (learn to read if you think it was about that).

It was about having invested TIME & GAME SESSIONS, formaing weapon 5 times means I spent time 6 TIMES getting it transformed into a weapons I loved & could use to win anything.

& now with new update & damage 2.0, this was reduced to NEARLY NOTHING, certainly not near the godlike (in my mind) weapon I managed to craft it into.

All I wanted to say is for all the time & love I played this, I hate to see it ruined because DEs decided mechanics should work in an entirely different fashion.

THIS has disgusted me & THIS is why I'm thinking of stopping to play, not just because I'm lazy or too stupid to understand damage 2.0 as some of you called me.

Call me hater/whiner & say good riddance, fine, your opinion, tell what you wish. But don't tell me I don't have reasons to hate the new changes.

note: wrong turn of phrase for the last one for original post, it was  "this disgusts me" my bad, corrected it in edit. As for the flaming attitude, it was heat of the moment, doesn't mean the point is irrelevant.

Edited by manub

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explainedsolved-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/#entry1610887 this might help. It explains how to make your weapons better. More or less, weapons aren't jack of all trades anymore (some are though), most specialize in some way, i.e. paris and paris prime are anti armor (mostly grineer) due to high puncture, low slash/impact, while dread is anti flesh (mostly infested).

edit: oh, and easy to reference damage table to see what elements do best vs what: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Damage_Type_Multipliers

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

This is beta. Beta WILL change. You signed up for that. DEAL WITH IT.

Hehe.

But seriously. Once money is involved it actually changes things. And not in just a gentlemanly way.

Signing up for a beta is one thing, where you expect things to change from time to time and accept that it will.

However, once you've paid for something, having the rug pulled out from underneath you WITHOUT equal compensation for your payment, renders the product unfit for the purpose it was sold under.

THERE IS NO LEGAL AGREEMENT that can circumvent this protection. Just as there is no legal way you can sign a contract giving up your freedoms.

Hehe.

But seriously. Once money is involved it actually changes things. And not in just a gentlemanly way.

Signing up for a beta is one thing, where you expect things to change from time to time and accept that it will.

However, once you've paid for something, having the rug pulled out from underneath you WITHOUT equal compensation for your payment, renders the product unfit for the purpose it was sold under.

THERE IS NO LEGAL AGREEMENT that can circumvent this protection. Just as there is no legal way you can sign a contract giving up your freedoms.

Actually, we did agree to the ToS which states things may be changed at any time.

Edit: maybe not, can't find it off hand, pretty sure it's there though, BUT you bought platinum, you got it, that fulfills their end of the deal. Whatever you choose to spend the plat on is up to you, and you can't really do anything (other than give feedback) as long as when you buy an item, you get that item.

Hehe.

In this case, he doesnt want to learn new things ( elemental combinations and stuff ), just finds out his build is more or less redundant now, and blames DE for his inability to go with the time. Also, if he invested platinum in buying weapons which are farmable ingame and are always in "danger" to get buffed/nerfed/fixed/changed, thats his own choose.

Edited by Detheroc

Hehe.

we pay money for plat.

past that, there is no agreement, and nothing anyone can complain about.

DE does not have the right to remove plat once it has been paid for.

if someone spends plat on something, that is their call.

DE has every right to change what that thing is or how it works.

DE does not have the right to remove it without compensation.

on topic:

please just go away op.

Edited by alchemistjkt

The terms of service does not grant DE the right to steal from the player.

Yup, read my edit post, BUT they're not stealing from you. Stop making a strawman of this. You pay for plat, they gave you plat. You choose to buy a weapon, they give you THAT weapon, and they are free to change it in any way.

we pay money for plat.

on topic:

please just go away op.

this ^

you really must read End user agreement.

4. The Open Beta will change often and possibly without notice. Weapons, Warframes, and every feature of the game may change as often as every day. We will keep you updated with these changes when you launch the game. By agreeing to these terms, you express consent for updating.

5. Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the Open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

10. Please be aware that this agreement is susceptible to change. If you continue to use the game or the Website, it will be assumed that you have agreed to such changes.

11. You agree that your role is helpful to our game but it isn’t critical or vital; you are not entitled to any ownership or rights for your voluntary participation.

p.s. this is why there is a difference between Beta and Legal Release. And this is why game must stay in Beta as long as possible. Because developer can and will have butthurt if game is on Release status.
Edited by Althix

DE aren't being criminals here. A change in damage function has unbalanced a few weapons and a rational report of the mistake would have done a lot more than *@##$ing about it or accusing DE of some kind of fiscal malfeasance.

I also had a long rant about how wrong you are about financial law, but everyone beat me too it. Long story short if he bought plat, he got it. What he does with it has no legal protection because it isn't a recognized legal tender.

Edited by ValhaHazred

we pay money for plat.

Yup, read my edit post, BUT they're not stealing from you. Stop making a strawman of this. You pay for plat, they gave you plat. You choose to buy a weapon, they give you THAT weapon, and they are free to change it in any way.

DE never stole anything from him.

he still has the item.

your point/argument is contrived and stupid.

No I'm not accusing DE of theft here.

I'm simply making a point that once money is involved an honorable company will not take advantage of that "transfer of the definition of payments" in such a way.

Unless your point is that we should not expect DE to be honorable?

And my comment about the ToS was in direct response to a reference of what the ToS is intended for. Yes, expect change, but if what you spent real money on to acquire (however the transference is handled) regardless of your recourse, DE shouldn't just ignore this as an issue. because it's bad for future business,

You did a poor job of making that clear.

Even if they are right, OP is clearly going overboard and should have gone about his complaint differently. Surely you can agree with that.

DE shouldn't just ignore this as an issue. because it's bad for future business,

It's been less than a full week and this is the first complaint I've seen on the issue. They haven't had time to fix it. OP needed to calmly report the bug and be patient.

If it isn't fixed in a few weeks you then have the right to call foul.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I'm simply making a point that once money is involved an honorable company will not take advantage of that "transfer of the definition of payments" in such a way.

Unless your point is that we should not expect DE to be honorable?

But, you certainly look like you are accusing DE here, they haven't done ANYTHING wrong or illegal. The guy got his bow, and his plat, and DE is free to change the game in anyways they want including shutting it down or turning it into anything else they want to.

And my comment about the ToS was in direct response to a reference of what the ToS is intended for. Yes, expect change, but if what you spent real money on to acquire (however the transference is handled) regardless of your recourse, DE shouldn't just ignore this as an issue. because it's bad for future business,

ToS is meant to cover their asses, nothing more. And it isn't an issue.

Yes, expect change, but if what you spent real money on to acquire (however the transference is handled) regardless of your recourse, DE shouldn't just ignore this as an issue. because it's bad for future business,

we paid for the plat.

they did not remove the plat, or the item gained via plat.

i fail to see how that is any issue here.

the real issue is that op likely does not know how to mod things for dmg 2.0 and simply refused to find out how to do so.

in his frustration, he comes here to whine and spread hate.

had he taken the time to try something new and pay attention to whats what, he would likely not have any problems.

if there is a problem with weapons and how they function/feel, then come to the forums and share what you think in a calm and respectable manor.

anger, hate and malice just for the sake of it, is not welcome here.

we paid for the plat.

they did not remove the plat, or the item gained via plat.

i fail to see how that is any issue here.

the real issue is that op likely does not know how to mod things for dmg 2.0 and simply refused to find out how to do so.

in his frustration, he comes here to whine and spread hate.

had he taken the time to try something new and pay attention to whats what, he would likely not have any problems.

if there is a problem with weapons and how they function/feel, then come to the forums and share what you think in a calm and respectable manor.

anger, hate and malice just for the sake of it, is not welcome here.

I'm not keen on the way the OP is trying to get his point over, but he's not wrong about bows being plain bad under the new system.

Give it a try, see if you can get any mod arrangement to make one good, the results ain't pretty. Then again, bows wern't really that good under the old system either.

Then again, bows wern't really that good under the old system either.

bows have always been a fun "toy" to play around with.

never really a weapon to be "serious" with.

thats a separate issue and op is simply being stupid about where he is directing his anger and why.

imo, bows need a buff, but like keltik said, they have always been lackluster.

if op felt the same way, there are better ways of conveying that rather than "DE you @#$%ed up, this is @#$%, I QUIT!!!1!".

give good feedback rather than hate and disdain.

as i said, those things are not acceptable here.