Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unused Weapons b/c Animations

PrideB4TheFall

There are weapons in game that can do great damage that I refuse to equip / use because the associated stance mods animations are just plain clunky or outright awful.

I'll cite gunblades. Although it is not limited to them.

I won't deny Reaper Prime can dish it out. But all of the associated mod stance animations they are just plain gaudy, irregular in tempo and unwieldy. Personally I find them difficult to control reliably. (subjective)

On the surface I like the thought of a gunblade class, but the pirouette flashy style is distracting, and it makes gun blades (again,  subjective) to me unreliable and frustrating to use.

Question:  Do you avoid a weapon class due to animations?

• Like 2

Polearms jump to mind; they’ve got some animations, but I prefer ones that have a block-neutral. 🤔 I don’t 100% avoid them, but they’re not my first choice

I like animations I can practice things like spacing and timing with, but there are definitely a few that feel like they need a polish pass for things like their weird snapping or unsatisfying body mechanics

edit: huh. I guess the forums merged my switch and PC accounts too; was not expecting to post as my PC account

Edited by Merkranire

28 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Some yes, more so on Kullervo due to the HA animation of some weapons in combination with Wrathful Advance. Sword+Shield and Nikanas for instance, where the camera wobbles around massively when pulling of their HA with Wrathful Advance.

Otherwise weapons I tend to skip past due to animations would be Scythes, Ghoulsaw and 2h Nikanas (unless I play Kullervo and only use the HA on them). There are however plenty of stances I skip due to their animations.

59 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Animations: No. You can either circumvent that with doing only part of animation or heavy attack or slide attack or with proper amount of aspeed/range.

Poopy stances that do not do anyhing useful (no forcecd slash), while lasting long and doing low damage per second: yes.

27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

where the camera wobbles around massively when pulling of their HA with Wrathful Advance.

Disable camera shake in options menu.

50 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

I like animations I can practice things like spacing and timing with

You do not need any of that with auto-melee. Just press the button and relax.

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

You do not need any of that with auto-melee. Just press the button and relax.

Why are you telling me this like it’s a desired thing…? It’s like telling me that I can build for Steel Path and then hang around level 30 content with it; I’d typically rather do something else

I’m okay with their introducing auto-melee for players who need the accessibility, but that’s because it doesn’t get in my way and I’d turn it off if it was togglable for good measure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

Disable camera shake in options menu.

That isnt the issue since camera shake is already disabled. This is about the camera turning on its own with those specific weapons when triggered with Wrathful Advance. Both turn the camera automatically and Nikanas makes the camera end up facing towards the ground when the finisher is done. Meaning it gets really wonky with weapons like Syam and the Agendus. Have tried getting rid of it by disabling some of the melee camera/target functions but none of them do anything.

2 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

I want to use 2h nikanas in a combo build but wise razor is such a train wreck of a stance that they are forever a heavy attack type weapons, DE gib new stance

Atleast you can play a beautiful ballerina of death with 2h Nikanas and Kullervo.

And with that I just gave myself an urge for some Ballerina cookies. Sad part is... no cookies around and I'm too lazy to go to the store. 😕

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Atleast you can play a beautiful ballerina of death with 2h Nikanas and Kullervo.

And with that I just gave myself an urge for some Ballerina cookies. Sad part is... no cookies around and I'm too lazy to go to the store. 😕

i just use azothane hvy attack with kullervo, he can dance like a ballerina all he wants, noone alive in the room to judge him anyway xd

• Like 1

Thinking about it, what I play on heavily influences how I feel about some stances; it’s so fiddly to play this game on controller and I’m able to control things so much better and have better situational awareness with a mouse and keyboard.

I guess I lament that, because I’d typically found that melee-centric stuff just feels better on controller in any game, but in this game I guess I’ve got so much that the controller’s trying to do and I don’t hang around for long enough and some of the animations that were fine on PC definitely jump out as being hard to control on console

Everyone here is taking about melee weapons. Meanwhile I hate the staticor as they use the throwing knife animation when they are functionally energy gauntlet guns. It makes for awful idle animation as warframes spin a clipping model around their finger in a way that in no way represents the weapon at all. 

• Like 2