The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy efficiency/HE discussion

ChaoticEdge

The heavy efficiency is a discussion about its purpose, yea I know it pose to save up the combo doing massive crit and stats but had we even rely on it really?  For builder, this is a waste of space to us who like to build things but for the truth for I had not seen 1 player actually keep this up making heavy efficiency build all the time as in serious for it is either balance+combo+dmg+crit chance+crit dmg+dmg or either heavy dmg and so on stuff.  Really at this point there is no reason for us to use heavy efficiency or HE because we don't rely on the middle man HE even you given us focus energy or focus ran something mods, I ask a bunch and even look up youtube to see their build is on their melee mods and barely anyone use heavy efficiency mods and the reason y is for dmg but yea sure focus mods family is growing right?  I hate to say didn't the dev cap how much % HE, I am pretty sure they cap it at 90% for I ask someone how much they cap it and doing so that it is playing with 2 mods that doesn't do well with each other for you have to choose sacrifice the important stuff that been meta more than eletric and rads, as ppl will say in this case, do massive dmg or combo only, no reason mixes them both.  Where am I drawing the picture you ask me, I am saying HE doesn't seem to have a place to be cared for nor place to grow on being alive well build in the mods for I only tested few time had I remember to use combo then heavy attack, but I mainly started to care for DMG matter then providing combo and heavy strike because it is better to combo or just go straight to heavy strike because there are certain weapons just say screw combo we are hitting hard, and I barely think skana doesn't even need it even it comes to combo and heavy hit, sure that is fine if you have incarnon but excal is known it's mods to make combo counter go up faster for I don't know y incarnon weapon on melee seem it need it but really don't because it just the benfit of the perk it gives but really I had never seen anyone keep on rely on middle man HE lot for they just combo, heavy hit then go striaght back to combo as they forget about it afterward heavy hit because incarnon melee just help for the moment and skip HE.  Remove HE for yea I get it is going to be problem for few the builder who still like combo and heavy hit for I didn't say needed to remove, I am saying it doesn't benefit me or other builders for I only see it either it becomes shared most mods instead of being more of wasted room for I mean there isn't a balance on HE were loved any spot at all, look at Kuvallo, he only needs heavy speed attack that is all, no reason giving him HE at all because I hadn't seen players use him for that benefits.  So I am going let Dev figure out that spot because I only see problem and just tell there is a problem.

So what do you think about the HE should it get a change or not, leave your comment what your thoughts.

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's because he's got 75% heavy efficiency as a passive.

yea, just like for quote the other guy who recent comment

9 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I generally don't see a reason for Heavy Efficiency to exist at all now that we have Tennokai.

this is the reason y, I which I am only point out the problem for I am just saying HE should submerg into other mods like dmg mods and other stuff and just reduce the number like focus energy or the focus rad and just increase dmg which it would submerge just fine and Kuvallo giving him that 75% and who da heck give him dat for I barely want do any of it even I do combo it, I attend of focus what my melee weapons should have or what I want to do either I am just combo only in the hall just using riven mods on or either I am going end up using my heavy focus dmg because the real reason y I use kuvallo is his 1 ability, just his hard hitting that skip the proccess I need red crit with either status weapons or make it the God of all creation the crit maker love about more crit dmg to 1 hit minor bosses.

Right now I am not against HE existing, I am just in questioning y the dev cared for it in the 1st place when it could focus on distribute it, it just a plan that doesn't plan well really cut out melee pretty bad for HE and it's role as for now I think the dev should get to this issues added to do list whatever it need to be fit in.

On 2023-12-30 at 10:26 PM, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I generally don't see a reason for Heavy Efficiency to exist at all now that we have Tennokai.

Tennokai is only there to give you opportunities to save your combo after one heavy attack, and isn't as effective if you want to chain back-to-back heavy attacks

Edited by Pakaku

10 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Tennokai is only there to give you opportunities to save your combo after one heavy attack, and isn't as effective if you want to chain back-to-back heavy attacks

I thought so as well, especially since Tennokai has only 15% chance to trigger (30% with Dreamer's Wrath), but with Disciple's Merit, you have guaranteed Tennokai on every fourth melee hit. It doesn't decay and shows you the number of hits as a buff among your other buffs.

With Disciple's Merit, I can use Heavy Attack more effectively and efficiently then with maximum obtainable Heavy Attack Efficiency. The three normal melee hits between the Tennokais aren't slowing me down at all, especially since you have to use normal melee to build your combo anyway.

Posted (edited)

As again, hopefully not going off-topic talking about Tennokai which I am leaving it here only minor few, but it doesn't mean HE existence should not or should keep on going.  Once more, I'm only seeing HE being seriously Not be used a lot because I barely remember when did I ever used combo and heavy attack for I just want to ask the dev what their plan are with HE system instead of avoiding conversation about it LIKE THEY DID WITH VAUBAN LONG TIME AGO AND EVERY TIME WE HAVE but as again DE please don't run away from the HE system that is in question, I would like pablo think about the HE system should be deleted for something else or make it more useful?

Edited by ChaoticEdge

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, if you're going to need any form of HE, it will come from anything except Reflex Coil. That mod is officially dead ever since Focus Radon has entered the room.

Sure, you could get an extra 10% HE, OR, hear me out, you could give up 10% but gain 60% radiation damage with the same capacity except it's in a much better polarity. Now I sure wonder what's more likely to get picked...

9 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Sure, you could get an extra 10% HE.

20%.  I'm sure there are cases where that's important and/or somebody doesn't want to dilute their damage profile with radiation (or electric).  Actually a type that comes to mind are Heavy natural slash builds.

• Like 1

Il y a 12 heures, Tiltskillet a dit :

20%.  I'm sure there are cases where that's important and/or somebody doesn't want to dilute their damage profile with radiation (or electric).  Actually a type that comes to mind are Heavy natural slash builds.

Fair enough, I guess Dorrclave is a thing now. Still, diluting ips and elemental combos can be of use for Condition Overload, so there's also that to consider. Could use a secondary stat though, like some H.A. wind up speed for example. Doesn't have to be a whole 100%, even just 50% would be worth something.

1 hour ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Could use a secondary stat though,

Maybe.  But it's just an uncommon mod, so it fits pretty well in DE's tier system as is.  Better than many even, in not being made  obsolete by rares in every situation.

Only thing that bothers me a little is that Focus Radon has the same capacity cost as Reflex. Not sure why the new mod is cheaper than Focus Energy.  Some of the other new rad mods are cheaper than their rare predecessors too, so it it seems intentional.

Pretty minor thing though.