Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fix player level disparity - Loadout lending

OldBoone

I tried searching for it, but haven't seen it suggested anywhere, So I thought I might as well post it

Has DE ever considered letting us lend a loadout to a friend? As in I want to do some high level missions, instead of babying mastery rank 2 players, so I could lend a specific loadout to my friend, or friends, for the duration of their session. Mission rewards and affinity are theirs to keep after the stages, but the loadout is not available after the user logs out. Also, frames and weapons lent in a loadout aren't available for the owner anymore until the borrower logs out or "returns" the loadout

I'm aware I can play Duviri, but new players don't get any new mods from the mode, and it's very limiting in the farming of weapons and frames

It has been 10 years, there's only so many times I can take making the Vor's prize or farming Rhino on the jackal again. That would be a godsend, And I think it could entice new players into looking at what's ultimately possible with warframes, and make them want to pursue that power

I just want the "Default" loadout for frames/weapons in Duviri to be available for players outside of Duviri. Those builds won't blow the doors off anything, but it would make for a safety net during those early-game stretches where a player may find the modding system overly intimidating.

Anyway. I like the idea of lending gear, too, at least in the abstract as a way to let them try to figure out what they might want to work towards -- a more targeted version of Duviri's "try it before you buy it" mentality. But when you say "affinity would be theirs to keep" I am more iffy on that. Do you mean that, for instance, I can loan my Felarx to an MR2 friend... and while it plays with the rank 30 mod capacity I have, they gain affinity towards their rank 0 mastery of it and thus have, say, rank 5 mastery XP for the Felarx when the mission is done? Despite not owning it, and indeed being only MR2?

I think if you want to loan a loadout you probably need to have the caveat be not getting affinity towards any of the gear you're borrowing. Otherwise, it starts to get messy real fast.

True. I wouldn't mind some tweaking to make it more fair/simple/not a crutch

But can't we gain affinity on duviry weapons and frames that we don't have? I don't know. Anyway, I'm just presenting the basic idea, it would be fun to bring friends in some Steel path mission, or even some higher level star chart missions, instead of replaying the start over and over until they give up in 2 weeks after being annoyed with the mod system

This leans too far into spoiling a player and potentially killing the motivation to progress. Some might see it as a goal to set, but others may see a loadout turning off the mission for them as complete boredom, especially when 9/10 times they would not understand why something is modded the way it is. 

Yeah, I'm not so sure about always logging in with a buddy to boost you or people clogging up chat asking for a boost. It's already enough with people that just watched some youtuber's meta video and wants a taxi to someplace to farm resources or whatnot that they don't even know where they drop yet because they just started the game. I'm all for helping, but people need to at least learn a little bit first. Just carrying people before they know what's going on is not good in the long run.

What I almost think would be better is an Expanded Simulacrum, where you can borrow anything in the game -- whether or not you own it, as long as you've unlocked the system it's part of (e.g. no archon shards before Veilbreaker, no Operator amps before the War Within, etc.) -- and where you can set up basic mission parameters to simulate.

You wouldn't get anything out of it in terms of resources/drops/affinity, but it be a godsend for theorycrafting, and it would work well for me to take an MR2 friend in and let them try Rhino in a simulated scenario so that they can tell whether or not they want to work towards having that frame in the real game-world outside of simulation.