The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players having their own custom glyphs

Qylvaa

For a while now, I've been hoping for the introduction of a feature in Warframe that would allow players to have their own custom glyphs. It would be fantastic if this process mirrored the simplicity of submitting images and paying a fee, just like with clan emblems.

• Like 4

*Sigh* This again..

This has been asked before and the answer is going to be NO the reason for this is to stop players from making rude/offensive and otherwise questionable custom glyphs, even content creators have to obey this rule and even Clan logos, it's simply not going to happen.

It's honestly bad enough that we already have some very questionable Content Creator glyphs to begin with. 

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

*Sigh* This again..

This has been asked before and the answer is going to be NO the reason for this is to stop players from making rude/offensive and otherwise questionable custom glyphs, even content creators have to obey this rule and even Clan logos, it's simply not going to happen.

It's honestly bad enough that we already have some very questionable Content Creator glyphs to begin with. 

Its not a big deal actually. In pretty much every MMO game Ive played, players can name themselves whatever they want, and if its offensive, they get banned. More lenient admins only rename them. It also works this way in warframe. No reason not to do the same with glyphs. Youve used an offensive glyph? Heres a ban for you. EZ,

Edited by MaxTunnerX

This could have been a possibility a long time ago before this feature was monetized for $1000 CAD through TennoCon, or used as a way to advertise content creation. I just don't see this happening for the masses as it would be pretty disrespectful to the previous process. Like yes, there is much more to Legendary TennoCon attendance than a glyph, but there's quite a bit of value to a one-off, sentimental, and custom glyph. The same goes for content creators. They put in quite alot of work to put their viewership together and at some point earn the prestige of having a glyph to represent their impact on the community in-game. Those two things should be cherished the way they are.

If you really want a custom glyph that bad, it's $1000 CAD or a very long road of grind to relevance and community impact. 

Edited by Voltage

• 3 months later...
On 2024-01-12 at 12:18 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

*Sigh* This again..

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Respectfully you do realize de can review the glyphs just like they do with clan emblems

9 hours ago, Qylvaa said:

Respectfully you do realize de can review the glyphs just like they do with clan emblems

The current turn-around time for Clan emblems is multiple weeks, current recorded longest time by one guy complaining on here because their emblem took multiple months, because it's not currently possible to review the large quantity of Emblem submissions in any reasonable time. DE would have to double the staff in that section and have those new people dedicated to only ever reviewing new Glyphs if this was to even hope to work.

So... I'm going to guess that's a 'no' to that plan.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-13 at 10:50 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

The current turn-around time for Clan emblems is multiple weeks, current recorded longest time by one guy complaining on here because their emblem took multiple months, because it's not currently possible to review the large quantity of Emblem submissions in any reasonable time. DE would have to double the staff in that section and have those new people dedicated to only ever reviewing new Glyphs if this was to even hope to work.

So... I'm going to guess that's a 'no' to that plan.

One case of someone claiming it took multiple months for them doesn't mean that is the current average time.

Two weeks ago it took about 3 hours for support to review and approve my clan emblem. Then it was published in game less than 2 days later with the deployment of Hotfix 35.5.3.

I'm not saying DE has the staff to handle custom glyphs for every player, or that giving custom glyphs to everyone would be a good idea (when it has been an exclusive benefit for so long). But if they did, there are other options than manually reviewing every one. Having a script run a reverse image search for trademark infringements right at upload is easy enough. Maybe even add some logic/AI for filtering obscene/offensive content. Then if something slips through, it is up to other players and mods to report that player if they find the glpyh offensive. If you get enough reports, you're forced to change it or lose the custom glyph privilege.

You don't think DE reviews every username players create, right? Same idea. Basic filtering at submission then rely on community reporting.

Screenshot-2024-04-14-135645.png

21 hours ago, Ying-9 said:

One case of someone claiming it took multiple months for them doesn't mean that is the current average time.

Please point where I said that the one outlier was the current average time? I said the current average is weeks, based on the feedback of the average amount of players. And that the outlier was the 'longest recorded'.

21 hours ago, Ying-9 said:

You don't think DE reviews every username players create, right? Same idea. Basic filtering at submission then rely on community reporting.

Please. DE can't even keep the usernames and custom renamed gun names under control.

They regularly have 'purges' of player names and custom gun renames, and content creators even note when it happens, because DE have to actually go and review them as the automatic system is incredibly unreliable.

Think. If they didn't even notice Rebecca's own 'Crumb Guzzler' on her public account until it was on a DevStream, then how are they going to police everyone's custom glyphs? It's not going to be possible to automate it when even the Algorithm driven 'intelligent' detection systems can mis-identify sand dunes, somebody's curled elbow, or ceiling lamps as something not safe for display.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Please. DE can't even keep the usernames and custom renamed gun names under control.

I think you interpreted my sentence backwards since I phrased it as a rhetorical question. We are both agreeing that there is no way DE manually reviews/checks all the usernames that get created. And we both agree that plenty people can get stuff past the current initial filter pretty easily, that's why I called it "basic".

There's a lot of junk software out, but there is image recognition software that is robust enough that it wouldn't confuse a sand dune or elbow with something NSFW though. It still wouldn't be perfect, and it definitely wouldn't be cheap, so I doubt it would make sense for DE to invest in unless they began charging users to get a custom glyph.