Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i'm a PC-exclusive player, why can't i trade with my cross-save enabled friends?

SDGDen

Question

PC exclusive as in that's the only platform i own. i do not have an xbox, PS or switch, meaning i cannot activate cross-save since i dont have a valid warframe account on any of them. i did try linking my xbox account (i technically have one because i have a minecraft account).

console players can almost always get a PC account going even if their computer cant actually run the game well, but if you only have a PC, you cant exactly just make a console account to enable cross-save.

why would it be handled this way? they effectively made cross-save its own separate platform, meaning that people with only one platform will be left behind. 

or is there some kind of bug preventing single-platform PC users with crossplay enabled from trading with cross-save players? 

11 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

PC exclusive as in that's the only platform i own. i do not have an xbox, PS or switch, meaning i cannot activate cross-save since i dont have a valid warframe account on any of them. i did try linking my xbox account (i technically have one because i have a minecraft account).

console players can almost always get a PC account going even if their computer cant actually run the game well, but if you only have a PC, you cant exactly just make a console account to enable cross-save.

why would it be handled this way? they effectively made cross-save its own separate platform, meaning that people with only one platform will be left behind. 

or is there some kind of bug preventing single-platform PC users with crossplay enabled from trading with cross-save players? 

Not sure I understand the problem, as a PC exclusive player (since ~2012), I've traded with other players who were cross platform, aka not on a PC.

Unless its bugged or currently disabled, its worked before since cross save was enabled.

19 minutes ago, Agall said:

Not sure I understand the problem, as a PC exclusive player (since ~2012), I've traded with other players who were cross platform, aka not on a PC.

Unless its bugged or currently disabled, its worked before since cross save was enabled.

You need a flowchart to understand the cross-save trade permissions.

Spoiler

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

•     Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

•     PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  •     Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

•     PC: trade with any PC players
  •     Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

•     PC: trade with any PC players
  •     Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

•     PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  •     Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

that's what i thought too, but it's not letting me do that?

10 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Do you get any errors?

i get the "cross-save not enabled" error, despite my friend having cross-save enabled and me being on PC.

we *think* that it might actually be them not having tennoguard 2fa (they used to use playstation 2fa) which would mean its just presenting me with the wrong error.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

i get the "cross-save not enabled" error, despite my friend having cross-save enabled and me being on PC.

we *think* that it might actually be them not having tennoguard 2fa (they used to use playstation 2fa) which would mean its just presenting me with the wrong error.

Two ideas here...

1: Make sure you BOTH have cross save and cross play enabled. I'm sure you do, but check just be certain because often tiny things make a huge difference
2: Have your friend enable 2FA on his PC crosssaved account and have him set it to cross play/cross trade as well.

My best guess is somewhere it's asking a permission and being denied.

4 hours ago, Nimisha_Prime said:

Two ideas here...

1: Make sure you BOTH have cross save and cross play enabled. I'm sure you do, but check just be certain because often tiny things make a huge difference
2: Have your friend enable 2FA on his PC crosssaved account and have him set it to cross play/cross trade as well.

My best guess is somewhere it's asking a permission and being denied.

i cant enable cross save since i only have one account on PC.

but ill have my friend check her PC 2FA since i dont think she did that.

If you only have a PC account, you need to enable cross-play to trade with cross-save players currently playing on other platforms (who also have cross-play enabled in their settings). PC players do not need to enable cross-save, per the FAQ:

"*PC accounts can automatically trade with players on other platforms — provided that both players still have Cross Platform Play enabled in their settings and that any non-PC player trading with them has a Cross Platform Save Account."

Non-PC Players who enable cross-save will also need to enable cross-play in their in-game settings to trade with other cross-save and PC players (who have cross-play enabled in their in-game settings).

Cross-platform trading can only occur between PC and cross-save accounts, and between cross-save and other cross-save accounts. If someone on a console has not enabled cross-save, they will not be able to perform cross-platform trades, and will only be able to trade with other non-cross-save accounts on their same platform.

All players involved will also need to have the Warframe 2FA (Tennoguard) enabled in order to use the trading system.

Edited by Letter13
Clarified 2FA

19 hours ago, Letter13 said:

If you only have a PC account, you need to enable cross-play to trade with cross-save players currently playing on other platforms (who also have cross-play enabled in their settings). PC players do not need to enable cross-save, per the FAQ:

"*PC accounts can automatically trade with players on other platforms — provided that both players still have Cross Platform Play enabled in their settings and that any non-PC player trading with them has a Cross Platform Save Account."

Non-PC Players who enable cross-save will also need to enable cross-play in their in-game settings to trade with other cross-save and PC players (who have cross-play enabled in their in-game settings).

Cross-platform trading can only occur between PC and cross-save accounts, and between cross-save and other cross-save accounts. If someone on a console has not enabled cross-save, they will not be able to perform cross-platform trades, and will only be able to trade with other non-cross-save accounts on their same platform.

All players involved will also need to have 2FA enabled in order to use the trading system.

i had cross-play enabled, and am in a cross-play clan (me and the other person were in the same clan).

the issue was infact that for my friend, they had PS 2fa, rather than tennoguard 2fa, when they enabled tennoguard 2fa they were able to trade.

it basically just gives the wrong error if someone previously had console 2fa and is now trying to cross-platform trade.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

i had cross-play enabled, and am in a cross-play clan (me and the other person were in the same clan).

the issue was infact that for my friend, they had PS 2fa, rather than tennoguard 2fa, when they enabled tennoguard 2fa they were able to trade.

it basically just gives the wrong error if someone previously had console 2fa and is now trying to cross-platform trade.

When I mentioned 2FA, I was referring to the Warframe 2FA. I edited my post to clarify that.

15 hours ago, Letter13 said:

When I mentioned 2FA, I was referring to the Warframe 2FA. I edited my post to clarify that.

all good!

just useful to know if anyone else has this issue in the future: a "cross-save not enabled" error *could* also mean that the person you're trading with DOES have cross-save enabled but hasnt enabled tennoguard 2fa yet.

• Like 1