The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new areas require more GPU?

_Anise_

Question

I kinda noticed that the new sanctum areas and missions seem to be more gpu taxing, that no other game or place on warframe (even just idling in the new hub) has my gpu fans kick up a gear

I assume its possibly something todo with materials, reflective surfaces or something ?

anyone know of any setting I can toggle to lower this ? I alrady turned down / off shadows and it dosn't seem to have made a difference in how audible gpu fans are

3 answers to this question

It's the new fog setting that does it most likely. I cranked them up to max a while back and my GPU fans started to sound aswell at that point so went back to whatever it was set to as default, medium I think, and the sound went away. And I couldnt see any particular difference with the fog, cant really notice a massive difference if I just turn of the setting either, so. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I disabled fog and ssao, things don't look too different / bad ,I will see how it goes!

edit:already almost instantly the fans are starting to spinning slower, not completely silent but a vast improvement!

thanks

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1