Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK, let's settle this once and for all, who is faster? (Gauss vs. Volt)

I've been doing some more research. The conclusion I keep hitting is the same: Gauss has higher acceleration but Volt has higher top speed. However, it's also much closer than I originally thought

This guy goes more into detail with builds, with and without Helminth. Third video here. In each one we can see: Gauss is no slouch, his top speed is higher than I previously thought. Volt WILL inevitably catch up, but his terrible off-the-line technique and vulnerability to friction means Titania will always reign supreme

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Depends on tileset and the users control.

I think most Gauss players forget they can cancel mach rush at anytime by tapping the ability again. That's why they complain that gauss runs headfirst into walls and such. I rarely ever have this issue. He could even launch like zephyr if you bulletjump into the mach rush. How many Gauss players do this, none. Just TS spam all day 😂

Edited by pisces13
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Video Quality is in shambles but here it is: 

Spoiler

The Problem with a lot of Volts vs Gauss' videos is that the Volt player has stupid amount of strength, and Gauss has like low or slightly above 200%, which obviously means Volt will win.

in this vid, Volt has infested mobility, because he has the speed multiplier but not the sprint speed, and Gauss has Molt because he has the sprint speed but not the speed multiplier, same amount of power strength, which was 298%

Does it even matter? will I finally let this stupid topic go? can someone please put me out of my misery? tune in for the next video to find out (don't please) 

10 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

in this vid, Volt has infested mobility, because he has the speed multiplier but not the sprint speed, and Gauss has Molt because he has the sprint speed but not the speed multiplier, same amount of power strength, which was 298%

Unfair comparison: Molt is faster than Infested Mobility

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Unfair comparison: Molt is faster than Infested Mobility

but Volt has speed and speed is faster than Molt.

it was a mach rush and molt vs speed and infested mobility race...which is fair imo

Edited by Qorvex99

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Can't you cast them both? "Mach Rush + Molt" vs "Volt-Speed + Molt"

You can but Volt with infested mobility is a LOT better, giving Volt molt is completely unfair for him, because it's additive to speed, won't notice much difference, what Volt needs is lots of sprint speed to elevate him to Gauss' own sprint speed.

sprint speed stacks multiplicatively with movement speed buffs like molt and speed.