Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Design council forum gone

So I merged my account from ps4 with my account on pc with the ps4 as a primary and it kept me in the design council chat in game, but kicked me in the forums. Not really a big deal, but I thought it merited sharing. Probably has to do with accounts accessing chats in the server not going by the same name when changed. So I'm guess it's a variable with what is allocated to where. So when the account changed from emilsteckor(ps4) to emilsteckor it most likely didn't change all stored locations. I bet you could fix it with a more static memory allocation system based on ID rather than username.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-27 at 9:06 PM, cephalon_slay said:

Also having this issue. Was in the D.C on ps4 and merged accounts a few days ago ;-; 

Oh hey, I probably played with you a loooong time ago lol.

On 2024-01-28 at 5:38 AM, SeekerLoki said:

I also had this issue.  I opened a support ticket, but they haven't gotten to it yet.

We're unofficially officially the dropped from DC chat now lol

same - if I somehow manage by jumping through hoops to login to forum with console credentials, i have access but its hard to trick the forums into that.

Also if I can't manage to do the above, I can't post console bugs in the appropriate console forums as my default account that the forums keeps pushing me into is the PC one.  Xsaved accounts should have access to all the forums they might play on.

• Like 1

It appears that if you had a console forum account and you merged it with a PC account, the PC account is now the account the forum page uses instead of your main console forum account. So design counsel doesnt show up because its linked to your console account. I do hope that gets fixed in the future.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Emilstekcor said:

Oh hey, I probably played with you a loooong time ago lol.

We're unofficially officially the dropped from DC chat now lol

I still had access to the design council Chat earlier today not sure about tonight tho

probably! I ran raids a few times and then quit lol

On 2024-01-30 at 9:52 AM, tucker_d_dawg said:

same - if I somehow manage by jumping through hoops to login to forum with console credentials, i have access but its hard to trick the forums into that.

Also if I can't manage to do the above, I can't post console bugs in the appropriate console forums as my default account that the forums keeps pushing me into is the PC one.  Xsaved accounts should have access to all the forums they might play on.

It's the same for me even if I sign in on console. I'm still in DC chat though. 

On 2024-01-30 at 11:41 AM, Shodian87 said:

It appears that if you had a console forum account and you merged it with a PC account, the PC account is now the account the forum page uses instead of your main console forum account. So design counsel doesnt show up because its linked to your console account. I do hope that gets fixed in the future.

Yup figured as much

• Like 1

from what i have seen, enabling cross save effectively moves all progress to a PC account and sets that account as the "core" meaning stuff like forum stuff on the old account is lost.

it doesnt bother me personally but its sad to see things like this happening, hope it gets sorted.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hypertion said:

from what i have seen, enabling cross save effectively moves all progress to a PC account and sets that account as the "core" meaning stuff like forum stuff on the old account is lost.

it doesnt bother me personally but its sad to see things like this happening, hope it gets sorted.

Yup it doesn't really matter, but it is weird.

On 2024-01-30 at 10:52 AM, tucker_d_dawg said:

The issue of not being able to post in corresponding Console forum for big reports is kindof a large oversight.

Need to just allow console specific tagging and no-longer lock users from each platform when trying to message about platform -specific bugs.

On Note of Design Council....even tricking the Forum to allow PSN (my original Design Council account) is still showing DC forum access as missing.

On 2024-02-02 at 8:04 PM, MrNishi said:

The issue of not being able to post in corresponding Console forum for big reports is kindof a large oversight.

Need to just allow console specific tagging and no-longer lock users from each platform when trying to message about platform -specific bugs.

On Note of Design Council....even tricking the Forum to allow PSN (my original Design Council account) is still showing DC forum access as missing.

MR.NISHI!!! I PLAYED A RAID WITH YOU BACK IN THE DAY!! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? 

• Like 1

On 2024-02-04 at 8:17 PM, Emilstekcor said:

MR.NISHI!!! I PLAYED A RAID WITH YOU BACK IN THE DAY!! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? 

Been well.

Haven't been on Warframe to play since October-ish. (PS4 controller drift was unbearable....so I built a PC and have been waiting for cross-save)

Now that I have it...I have DC chat tab on both PS4 and PC ...but lost DC Forum access.

How have you been all this time?

• Like 1

On 2024-02-07 at 7:37 PM, MrNishi said:

Been well.

Haven't been on Warframe to play since October-ish. (PS4 controller drift was unbearable....so I built a PC and have been waiting for cross-save)

Now that I have it...I have DC chat tab on both PS4 and PC ...but lost DC Forum access.

How have you been all this time?

Ehh I've been good, I'm thinking about going for my masters in computer engineering. I like asic and other fpga stuff. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Emilstekcor said:

Ehh I've been good, I'm thinking about going for my masters in computer engineering. I like asic and other fpga stuff. 

Awesome!

FPGA ... This is the way!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...