Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kullervo doesn't work with Tennokai

Famecans

Hi, I'm the annoying guy. Why is the game code so messed up?

Heavy Attack and Amar's Mod  were released "BEFORE" the release of Kullervo so why isn't Kullervo heir to the code for these mechanics? Why isn't the Kullervo Skill 1 code a legacy code mechanic?

I know there are no hidden mod slots dedicated to developers, wowo this is a skill and not a melee action bla bla bla... for me Kullervo Skill 1 only triggers critical chance to mechanics that we already had in the game before, Heavy Attack and Amar's Teleport already existed in the game before Kullervo so why did you create a new "Skill" with codes similar to mechanics that were already coded in the game?

The mess here is that Kullervo skill 1 doesn't work with Tennokai because Kullervo skill 1 is not same action like heavy attak but interact with mods of heavy attacks on melee?!?!?!
Always like this, all of them, Mesa, Atlas, Khora, have technical problems, poorly described synergies so we have Kullervo,new frame pseudo exalted with new issues.

Thanks for reading.

3 minutes ago, Famecans said:

Heavy Attack and Amar's Mod  were released "BEFORE" the release of Kullervo so why isn't Kullervo heir to the code for these mechanics? Why isn't the Kullervo Skill 1 code a legacy code mechanic?

The mess here is that Kullervo skill 1 doesn't work with Tennokai because Kullervo skill 1 is not same action like heavy attak but interact with mods of heavy attacks on melee?!?!?!

Always like this, all of them, Mesa, Atlas, Khora, have technical problems, poorly described synergies so we have Kullervo,new frame pseudo exalted with new issues.

Its an ability that triggers Heavy attack like effect but that isnt an actual Heavy attack, really not hard to understand why it doesnt trigger some Heavy Attack based effects.

TennoKai only work with actual Heavy attacks, what were you expecting? That you would be able to cast Kullervo's 1st with no cost?

Also, theres a big difference between Mesa, Altas, Khora and Kullervo, Atlas and Khora's 1st abilities have base damage value to their abilities which use some mods on your Melee for Stats sticking, Mesa has an actual Exalted which you can individually mod, Kullervo has none of these with his 1st, he relies entirely on the power of your equipped Melee both for base damage and stats.

Also im asking my self why you feel so bothered that Amar's mods dont work with it given Kullervo's 1st already teleports to the target with increased range and damage.

• Like 2

ok we're going to get into a discussion here, be prepared to block my heavy attack:

12 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

really not hard to understand why it doesnt trigger some Heavy Attack based effects.

Also, theres a big difference between Mesa, Altas, Khora and Kullervo, Atlas and Khora's 1st abilities have base damage value to their abilities which use some mods on your Melee for Stats sticking, Mesa has an actual Exalted which you can individually mod, Kullervo has none of these with his 1st, he relies entirely on the power of your equipped Melee both for base damage and stats.

I'm waiting for DE to put in the user interface that kullervo skill 1 interacts with [Amalgam Organ Shatter] in the same way that Ash also needs a note describing that it doesn't work with [Amalgam Organ Shatter], oops I think there are too many mods to describe in the user interface.

Edited by Famecans

11 minutes ago, Famecans said:

I'm waiting for DE to put in the user interface that kullervo skill 1 interacts with [Amalgam Organ Shatter] in the same way that Ash also needs a note describing that it doesn't work with [Amalgam Organ Shatter], oops I think there are too many mods to describe in the user interface.

Someone whos been playing the game since 2017 should very well know by now that Ash's attacks act as Finishers and Finishers are affected by Melee Attack Speed and not Heavy Attack Wind UP Speed, so it would be pretty obvious that mods like [Amalgam Organ Shatter] and [Killing Blow] would have no effect on Ash's Abilities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Famecans said:

Hi, I'm the annoying guy. Why is the game code so messed up?

I know there are no hidden mod slots dedicated to developers, wowo this is a skill and not a melee action bla bla bla... for me Kullervo Skill 1 only triggers critical chance to mechanics that we already had in the game before, Heavy Attack and Amar's Teleport already existed in the game before Kullervo so why did you create a new "Skill" with codes similar to mechanics that were already coded in the game?

Thanks for reading.

Kullervos skill 1 is the translocator attack, right?

Idk if you've followed DEs works from the beginning, but a great many weapons and powers are reuses of features from old DE games. The translocator from UT99 didn't have a melee buff, so that parts new but either way iirc the attack...

Sorry, I was mistaken here, it's not a finisher but IS a heavy attack. It won't take advantage of tennokai simply because the beginning of the attack is a heavy wind up and melee buff. Since the heavy windup and melee buff are linked, the power will work as expected, rather than using up your tennokai attack even if you have one available. 

But srsly, probably more than half your favorite weapons and powers are based on unreal tournament or dark sector. And this has NEVER been a bad thing.

t's just not triggering tennokai because the windup is baked in with the buff so it can't and won't use a tennokai charge. However, it will contribute the crit buff to tennokai attacks, so it's much better. Also pls consider the potential in momentum stacking with a power that is, effectively, an upgraded translocator 

Edited by (PSN)phux0v
Accidentally mixed up finisher and heavy attack, how embarrassing!
  • Like 2