The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Feedback Megathread

[DE]Juice

I'd love to see Eclipse be more directly controllable via a toggle or something else. I personally really dislike seeking the right lighting to get the desired buff as a mechanic in general. I don't like having to constantly monitor what an ability is doing to get the very simple and straightforward buffs of DR or a weapon damage multiplier. I don't use Eclipse at all for Helminth and mainly use Roar or Nourish for their consistency and other benefits beyond weapon damage. I think a nice way to "nerf" the Helminth version of it would be to tie its power to Mirage's other abilities/passive in some way (like how Tempest Barrage Helminth is "nerfed" without having Hydroid's passive or how Pillage Helminth can't nuke with its augment because you can't channel Haven, etc.).

• Like 1

Tap/Hold Toggle is most likely the easiest and best solution (which would also imply removing the light mechanics entirely for ease of use)

- Fixing every specific location it has issues in sounds like a lot of work, fairly certain everybody is completely fine with an easier solution that would in turn allow you to focus on fixing/updating/reworking other stuff sooner

- Considering how unreliable the buff is currently, nobody would mind running it in its nerfed state for extra consistency

- Reworking the mechanic to spawn light beams is not guaranteed to not have any issues, including but not limited to being way too bright (even with particle effects on low and reduced ally effects enabled, some effects like bright energy acceltra for example end up being too invasive) - same reason why the "change energy color to change effect" mechanic could use some work in general

TL;DR variant : Tap/Hold sounds great

Tap/Hold (toggle), and nerf it for Helminth! It's borderline useless as it is, and since having it being a toggle would be too good (as Pablo alluded to), nerf it for Helminth! Just bring back the glorious days of the lightning ephemera casting light for Eclipse, while also giving us a defence button if needed.

Toggle please! Helminth can be nerfed more if necessary.

Being consistent is better, Mirage being able to control the surrounding light is cool. Is it dark? Is it light? It's all a mirage... 

Some 5 minute mishmash ideas below:

1. Charge up Mechanic

• Tap to swap between light/dark
  • Hold to charge up the amount of damage reduction/increase.
  • Power strength affects max % of dmg reduc/inc, Efficiency affects energy/s consumed while charging up, requiring heavy casting time for heavy damage gain. Can use casting speed% to increase the charge up rate.

2. Creation Ability Mechanic

• Hold to switch between light/dark
  • Creates fields of light/dark OR throws light/dark canisters that affects enemies instead of a straight buff, affects teammates (50% strength)

3. Ramp up Mechanic:

• LIGHT - Increases damage taken by enemies per shot similar to duviri decree, affects enemies in an AOE (not affected by ability range but something else instead)
  • DARK - Decreases enemy accuracy per shot, affects enemies in an AOE (not affected by ability range but something else instead)
  • Like 1

Warframe in 2024 is FAST. I feel like while mirage has great flavor, even fixing her abilities to work with environmental lighting will not really end up fulfilling her core fantasy. My personal desire is for the effects of eclipse to be gained from being in light caused by her (and other warframes) abilities, and for its effect to decay slowly. We have abilities like gloom, radial blind, everything from equinox, that are themed around light, it would be nice to see more interplay between our frames! I get that that is a lot more effort than just implementing a toggle, but it would be the most satisfying implementation from my perspective! 

I'd say change Eclipse into letting Mirage create her own source of light/shadow, like a floating orb of (un-)light similar to her disco ball that stays in place and has a fairly large radius, with dropoff to the boost as well as line of sight between the orb and warframe; tap to create a light, hold to create an un-light. Normal light doesn't affect Eclipse anymore at all, just the light summoned by this new version of Eclipse (and maybe select other warframe abilities).

Edited by (PSN)imaajfp
  • Like 1

Hello!

I have an idea for the eclipse that could be interesting, at least in my head. 

When the ability is activiated, you start in the "light mode". You remain in this mode until you have taken a certain treshold amount of damage, which should scale with duration I guess? Anyway, once you have taken enough damage the ability turns into the shadow one. Here you take less damage, however, after you have done enough damage or performed enough kills you go back to the light mode again.

Sort of a dynamic way that does not depend on the lighting, but more so on what you are doing in the mission. Although I think in order for this to work, the shadow mode needs to be made a little better than it is today. Add some more benefits, such as energy regen etc...

• Like 1

For Mirage in particular, I believe the most fair behaviour is to make it a toggle, as that was the most obvious fix for her ability since her release.

For the helminth, you could either tune down the numbers and cap them to a certain level, or make it incur a long CD based on each form - if you use the dmg buff, you have to kill X enemies (or even X enemies with headshots) to reduce the CD, and if you use the dmg reduction form, you have to avoid X number of attacks or for X number of seconds to reduce the CD.

Alternatively for the helminth version, you could make it so that the CD is reduced by how long the player stands in light or darkness, for each form.

Something entirely new like the last option. A toggle would just make it an objectively better roar unless the numbers were super low, at which point it wouldnt be worth using. Maybe it could cause an enemy to become a suspended disco ball of light or dark like what spellbind does, with its buff applying around the projection of the enemy. Could also cause beams from her 4 to reflect off the light ball to add 4 range, or alternatively store damage in the dark ball which then detonates.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the ability needs to be completely rebalanced or reworked.
In the current situation, it is too unpredictable and too strong relative to ANY helminth ability.
First of all, we need to fix Eclipse related errors. For example, that it is applied 2 times per Exodia Cotagion throw. With a certain strength,
buff can reach x49 - it even sounds absurd. But this is if you decide to keep the current version of the ability.
If we change it, it would be cool if Eclipse created “Moonlight” and “Sunlight” zones. Both options will provide some survivability or power boost within their zone.
Either: one zone makes players stronger,and the second weakens enemies.

• Like 2