Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What ya'll think of Dante The Scribe?

On 2024-01-27 at 12:09 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Dante The Scribe has an exalted grimoire and most of his powers have to do with the actual grimoire itself

On 2024-01-27 at 12:09 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

But what do you all think?

I think DE finally lost their marbles.

On 2024-01-27 at 12:20 PM, Xzorn said:

He's gunna be VR compatible. You have to physically draw the magic runes in game to cast them.  =D

Oh jeez, looks like someone hired Peter Molyneux at DE. Next we're gonna get a Warframe that specializes in hand holding.

On 2024-01-28 at 10:31 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah the name is a tat bit weird for a frame

Say..does any know if someone is called Dante is Jojo, this might be the reason

Well no not really considering his theme and concept. It is about as wierd as Atlas, Inaros, Wukong and Nezha in connection to their themes. It is a scribe and mystic Frame, so chances are high the inspiration is taken from Dante Alighieri. Although he was probably not an actual mystic, his work is claimed to be written as an incantation of the dead, By some in the supernatural sense and by other in the sense that his work lets the reader "meet" historical figures of the past, including Dante's love from his youth, which is probably also his true love considering she is not only mentioned, but also serves as his guide in paradise.

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What makes you say that?

I just think it's stupid.

Gunslinger frames like Mesa? Cool, I can roll with that.

Fire casters like Ember? Borderline magic, but fine.

An actual friggin wizard with a magic book? Come on.

I promise you, they made that grimoire secondary we got as a joke that went too far and now someone decided to build a frame around it because they can.

I've seen people around here who complain about the logic of pumpguns in WF's timeline, yet magic books seem to be perfectly okay.

20 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Honestly think that would be a better name than Dante. I can’t stop thinking of Devil May Cry

How about Alighdente? :clem:

And for me whenever I hear Dante I cant stop thinking of the Lord Commander himself. Whom I wouldnt mind playing in WF with a singature Melta and Power Axe. I guess he retired and became a chapter Librarian.

• Like 1

So he's a tome-themed frame shaped to look like one of those fancy bookmarks you can get from retail bookstores.  Not having a tassel on him feels like a missed opportunity.

Kit seems like a simple builder/spender setup, which shouldn't be too hard to work with.  Also does seem like another missed opportunity that his builder abilities aren't named Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.

Overall, I'm looking forward to more of what this guy can do.  I like the look, and the kit currently seems like it's straightforward enough.

• 1 month later...

He's awesome! Custom animations, he's defensive (heal, protection), can deal good damage, has CC and a strong exalted. Literally perfection.

I was suspicious if I'd like the other 2 verses (owls and the mini turret) but turns out I like them a lot, even modded for some duration. 

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker