Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how does Blinding Reave interact while subsumed onto Garuda

Tek_for_Hortator

Question

so how does blinding reave interact as a Helminth on Garuda. I saw it in a one of the build videos that don't elaborate and just play music, and I also can't find anything about if Reave benefits from stealth or not. anyone know? like, do seeking talons bleeds deal stealth damage, cause if not, then this isn't worth the investment to change my build.

17 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Blinding Reave adds 40% range. That's all. You don't need it, go with Breach Surge instead is my recommendation - turns everything into AoE, and amplifies the damage too.

Reave lets you have endless Dread Ward and using it on enemies primed by your four deals huge bleeds, heals you, and gives you I frames. I am aware of how breach works. I was just asking about the augment before I committed to a build change. If reave + seeking talons + stealth doesn’t do more damage to than non stealth then that’s all I needed.

3 hours ago, TummyLover said:

I think the stealth multiplier only affects hits from melee weapons, doesn’t it?

yeah, but some abilities apparently work. The wiki seemed like it hadn't updated that section in a while so I wasn't sure. I was wondering if someone had already tested the combo

Edited by Tek_for_Hortator
clarification and addendum

On 2024-01-31 at 11:19 AM, Tek_for_Hortator said:

Reave lets you have endless Dread Ward and using it on enemies primed by your four deals huge bleeds, heals you, and gives you I frames. I am aware of how breach works. I was just asking about the augment before I committed to a build change. If reave + seeking talons + stealth doesn’t do more damage to than non stealth then that’s all I needed.

Hmmm, not sure about the stealth multiplier, but if you’re referring to seeking talons+reave.

That’s bleed damage that deals percentage of damage dealt. Garuda’s seeking talons turns every source of damage into bleed. That’s basically another source of scaling damage outside of her dread mirror.

Hah, I'd totally forgotten I had a Reave-ruda build from ages ago.

Anyway, testing this now in the Sim, Blinded targets (and unaware targets for that matter) take the same Seeking Talons damage as unblinded targets.   Occasionally things work differently in the Sim, so f you feel like you want to confirm this in a mission without injecting Reave, I'd suggest using Vaykor Sydon's blind or just sneaking up on an unaware target.

On 2024-01-31 at 8:19 AM, Tek_for_Hortator said:

Reave lets you have endless Dread Ward

You're using Viral for this?  I didn't realize this still worked.  Or is there another trick to it, that doesn't involve other sources of damage or multiple Reaves?

30 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You're using Viral for this?  I didn't realize this still worked.  Or is there another trick to it, that doesn't involve other sources of damage or multiple Reaves?

Garuda’s seeking a talons as mentioned above can turn all sources of damage into bleed. This includes ability damage, which is great. More scaling damage

46 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Hmmm, not sure about the stealth multiplier, but if you’re referring to seeking talons+reave.

That’s bleed damage that deals percentage of damage dealt. Garuda’s seeking talons turns every source of damage into bleed. That’s basically another source of scaling damage outside of her dread mirror.

8 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Garuda’s seeking a talons as mentioned above can turn all sources of damage into bleed. This includes ability damage, which is great. More scaling damage

viral status condition, not the damage, probably. you can still get the procs if you prime

8 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Sure, but I don't think that's what the OP was talking about.

Anyway, I verified it myself, Viral status does still increase Reave's health drain.  It's odd because it looks like this information was removed from the wiki at some point.

2 minutes ago, Tek_for_Hortator said:

viral status condition, not the damage, probably. you can still get the procs if you prime

Could you elaborate? I didn’t catch what you were trying to say. Do you mean priming them with her fourth? Or priming with viral? Which damage are you referring to?

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

Sure, but I don't think that's what the OP was talking about.

Anyway, I verified it myself, Viral status does still increase Reave's health drain.  It's odd because it looks like this information was removed from the wiki at some point.

Removed from the wiki? Did you look at the main article for Reave under the “tips and tricks.” It could even be under the general. 

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yes.

Dang, I swore I read it’ll one shot at 10 viral stacks… they definitely removed it if that’s the case. It’s odd though considering the viral still plays a part in his reave damage, it was just removed from the wiki. 

32 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Could you elaborate? I didn’t catch what you were trying to say. Do you mean priming them with her fourth? Or priming with viral? Which damage are you referring to?

Removed from the wiki? Did you look at the main article for Reave under the “tips and tricks.” It could even be under the general. 

yes

1 hour ago, Aruquae said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Excited Yeah Yeah GIF by RIOT MUSIC

to all of you, I just say it automatically quoted everything and I didn't feel like specifying or elaborating. I still don't beyond that I obviously just meant to answer the multiple choice part meant for me with yes