Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Arcane Inconsistency

TheQuacken00

The primary blight arcane works differently than the other elemental arcanes (cascada flare, conjunction voltage, and primary frostbite) in that it can not be proc'ed by toxin status effects from non-primary weapon sources, whereas the other arcanes can be proc'ed from any source even if the weapon is stowed. I'm curious if that is intentional.

• Like 1

Please don't draw attention to inconsistencies like this.

The likely situation is that other elemental arcanes are supposed to only be activated by the specific weapons they're on, and drawing attention to the fact that they aren't doing what they say they should be (and are activated by effects proc'd in other ways) will likely get the Arcanes nerfed back into what DE wrote on the box.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The likely situation is that other elemental arcanes are supposed to only be activated by the specific weapons they're on, and drawing attention to the fact that they aren't doing what they say they should be (and are activated by effects proc'd in other ways) will likely get the Arcanes nerfed back into what DE wrote on the box.

I did not expect a "snitches get stitches" reply from you, bird. :P

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I did not expect a "snitches get stitches" reply from you, bird. :P

Topic is always contextual for that.

This one is clearly an oversight, where you can activate primary arcane effects without actually using the primary... And I know how many people like it.

On 2024-02-01 at 2:59 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Given the wording difference compared to Primary Exhilarate and Primary Obstruct, which both specify weapon status effect. I have a hard time believing that the elemental arcanes are supposed to only proc on weapon status effects I could be wrong but why would the specify weapon status effects on exhilarate and obstruct if they are all supposed to work like that.

• Like 1

lol I'd rather have 100% consistency rather than help fellow tenno abuse an oversight. As more oversights are known and go uncorrected, the more people learn about them and lose trust in developers' abilities.

I don't blame people like you too much though. With only 9-10 mods on a piece of gear, equipment feels samey and people will try to squeeze as much potential as they can from this restricting system. It is funny though that these arcanes become worse to slot if they could only be triggered via a status applied by the weapon the arcane is slotted onto. I'd rather have DE remove the arcanes if outsourced statutes weren't meant to trigger them so that they don't serve as a reminder of how useless they are and bad game design.

On 2024-02-01 at 3:59 PM, Birdframe_Prime said: