Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mod acting weird

Fxlonyz

Question

so i have a riven mod for my vulklok companion weapon. when i equip the riven my stats that show my critical chance and crit multiplier and all that go away. basically like nothing is equipped. when i remove the riven it shows up again.

10 answers to this question

1 минуту назад, Fxlonyz сказал:

so i have a riven mod for my vulklok companion weapon. when i equip the riven my stats that show my critical chance and crit multiplier and all that go away. basically like nothing is equipped. when i remove the riven it shows up again.

Screenshots please? With the riven equipped and unequipped.

• Like 1

40 минут назад, Fxlonyz сказал:

-113.8% Damage

And you really wonder why with this mod your weapon deals no damage?

No matter what buffs you get if they're multiplied by zero you're getting zero.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fxlonyz said:

exact stats are +135% critical chance, +88.2% electricity, +112.6% Critical damage, -113.8% Damage

Wow ... That's a .... Joke mod , as in RNG is playing a joke on you.

Unless you counter the negative damage with something like serration you will not be able to do any damage.

I would keep it just for the sheer hilarity of it , but if you want to get some actual use you want to roll it.

It appears to be  a bug: your negative damage riven is reducing your damage to zero and this is voiding the other stats.  If you equip a source of base damage like Serration, you'll see the stats again.  (Tested with a -negative damage Phantasma riven.)

If you're trying to get Tenacious Bond's crit multiplier buff, I'd be curious if it works or not with the riven and without another source of base damage. i.e., with no crit stats showing.  (Note that Tenacious Bond's bonus is bugged in the Arsenal, so you may need to do a damage test in the Sim to see if it's working or not.)

In any case you don't need the riven for that Tenacious.  A partially ranked Point Strike is enough to get it over the 50% crit threshold.

3 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

And you really wonder why with this mod your weapon deals no damage?

No matter what buffs you get if they're multiplied by zero you're getting zero.

The OP didn't say they were surprised at doing no damage. The only specific stats  mentioned were crit and crit damage.

It is surprising to me the Arsenal is acting this way, as it's at least somewhat new.    It's also inaccurate: non-damage stats shouldn't just disappear just because damage is reduced to zero.  Zero damage crits can still trigger crit conditions, and if one gets an outside source of base damage (like Vex Armor) those crits will do damage.  Zero damage instances can still inflict status, etc.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Wow ... That's a .... Joke mod , as in RNG is playing a joke on you.

Unless you counter the negative damage with something like serration you will not be able to do any damage.

I would keep it just for the sheer hilarity of it , but if you want to get some actual use you want to roll it.

While not ideal by any means, sources of base damage are so plentiful now I think these can still be useful as damage sources.  And my 0 damage Phantasma with  multi/status/statusd has been pretty amusing as a primer.

Not that this applies well to a Vulklok.

Edited by Tiltskillet

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

While not ideal by any means, sources of base damage are so plentiful now I think these can still be useful as damage sources.  And my 0 damage Phantasma with  multi/status/statusd has been pretty amusing as a primer.

Not that this applies well to a Vulklok.

The point is that it's on a vulklok, that means it does not have access to most of the damage boosts outside of a few frame buffs.

• Like 1