Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Notes for another try at railjack.

Railjack needs just one more pass and it would be so much better.
Liches can't fly ship, repair or do gunnery. It would be cool if they could at least repair the ship.
There are no on foot missions for grineer or space missions for corpus.
There are no Star chart resources in railjack like plastids and stuff. Opening railjack lockers is kinda pointless.
Infested railjack I assume is coming with infested liches(maybe related to 1999? Kill an infested in the past and in the present it has been evolving all this time?)

3 hours ago, Tellmeninetails said:

Liches can't fly ship, repair or do gunnery. It would be cool if they could at least repair the ship.

It would steal the jobs of the enginers. 

Do not quite understand what you mean here. Elaborate please. By on foot, do you mean skirmish? What would it change?

There are no Star chart resources in railjack like plastids and stuff. Opening railjack lockers is kinda pointless.

There are no Starchart resources in PoE, Orb Valis, Cambion Drift, Zariman, Duviri and Albrecht Laboratories either. They all have their own resources and containers drop those.

Edited by Zakkhar

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

It would steal the jobs of the enginers. 

Do not quite understand what you mean here. Elaborate please. By on foot, do you mean skirmish? What would it change?

There are no Starchart resources in PoE, Orb Valis, Cambion Drift, Zariman, Duviri and Albrecht Laboratories either. They all have their own resources and containers drop those.

What do you mean it would steal the jobs of the engineers? Engineers automatically defend the ship anyway.

I mean a corpus skirmish mission and a grineer survival mission.

True, and I honestly feel that's a bad choice. Especially for railjack. Adding star chart resources especially considering the proxima's are near planets makes complete sense, Star chart ship missions and corpus proxima ship missions shouldn't be that different. Unite the content islands.

Ideally what I'd want would be to integrate railjack nodes into our star chart.

What I mean by that is once someone unlocks the Railjack quest, which happens after a certain point in the regular star chart, there will be some optional or mandatory Railjack missions (based on the mandatory nodes path you have to unlock to progress our solar system).

If your RJ isn't up to snuff then you could always hop on someone else's in public missions. You might also have the choice if you want to board your own.

At this point in time RJ missions feel like they are a separate game and systems, detached from the rest of the game. 

Duviri is different because it feels and it is a different dimension of sorts. RJ tab doesn't have to be like that. just implement it into the regular star chart and it will feel like it is part of the game and not its own content island.

Rail Jack nodes within the RJ map right now could be repurposed and moved into the regular starchart. Maybe not all said missions and nodes, just keep the most important ones.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

What I mean by that is once someone unlocks the Railjack quest, which happens after a certain point in the regular star chart, there will be some optional or mandatory Railjack missions (based on the mandatory nodes path you have to unlock to progress our solar system).

If your RJ isn't up to snuff then you could always hop on someone else's in public missions. You might also have the choice if you want to board your own.

At this point in time RJ missions feel like they are a separate game and systems, detached from the rest of the game. 

Duviri is different because it feels and it is a different dimension of sorts. RJ tab doesn't have to be like that. just implement it into the regular star chart and it will feel like it is part of the game and not its own content island.

Rail Jack nodes within the RJ map right now could be repurposed and moved into the regular starchart. Maybe not all said missions and nodes, just keep the most important ones.

Honestly I just want a railjack update in general. I want it really bad and the infested update and infested liches are a great opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-10 at 11:19 PM, Tellmeninetails said:

Yes. If I'm gonna go through the trouble of converting a Lich/Sister instead of killing it, then I want them to be on-par with the other crew members.

Honestly, I feel that adding Standard Missions to the Corpus Proxima was a bad move. If they weren't going to be unique missions, I think it'd be better to make them Archwing Missions (you and any other players do the mission while Cy and the NPC crew "patrol for trouble").

I think you can feed those resources to Helminth, but I'm not sure.

Infested railjack I assume is coming with infested liches(maybe related to 1999? Kill an infested in the past and in the present it has been evolving all this time?)

They could also remake The Jordas Verdict as the quest that introduces Infested enemies to Archwing and Railjack.

On 2024-02-11 at 3:16 AM, Zakkhar said:

He wants a better mix of current Grineer and Corpus Proxima mission types. Some where you stay in space, some where you disembark and play a Standard Mission.

On 2024-02-18 at 12:03 PM, Kaggelos said:

I don't think that's wise. I think it'd be better to integrate Archwing nodes into the Empyrean Map. Archwing is far more relevant to Railjack than it is to the standard on-foot gameplay as it is. Why not go all the way?