The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is alecaframe safe ?

No.Brainer.Prime

Question

6 answers to this question

The issue i'm worried about isn't so much about alecaframe, but other tools made to assist with bounty AYA farmers, if they find the interactions of such tools unwanted, they might implement checks that aren't able to discern alecaframe from these similar tools and so by blocking one, they might end up blocking alecaframe.

I believe bounties inner workings might get a change in the future, altough it's not up to me to decide or implement such changes, DE is aware, how they handle them is up to them.

Let me explain my tought process, it may be off, but it's my interpretation, so take it with a grain of salt.

AYA hunters are being banned left and right for a few weeks for the gameplay involved, mainly because they often AFK while someone designated in the squad does the correct bounties, which are often dictated by tools that access some data in the game. This afk gameplay is often sugested by the users in these communities, some of them past offenders, players who may have been banned from the game, players that are ban evading,.... So it doesn't come out as a surprise that players following these guides end up in the same state as the users making the guides.
Support is obviously cracking down on these users, but ultimately something has to be done, they either change bounties or they automate this crackdown and one way to do that is by simply banning users that use the 3rd party tools.

DE has anounced in the forums the "use them at your own risk", so they are free to block the tools at any point. The main reason the bounty assistant tool is recomended to be used, it's because it "works like alecaframe" and so aslong alecaframe isn't blocked, neither will the aya farmers tools.
In other words when they decide to autoban players that access certain data, this might drag alecaframe users with it.

I believe DE will use common sense here, alecaframe users aren't using the tool to exploit the game and harm the community.

Alecaframe itself is sketchy with the design it has (integrated ads are always a red flag). However, the bigger issue is that Overwolf (which is required to use Alecaframe) is known malware. So no, it's not safe to use Alecaframe.