The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Impossible to Connect to Apple acount and link account with other

Raikoh

Message added by Letter13,

Two solutions which may help users experiencing issues linking iOS accounts:

• If the iOS/Apple link on the cross-save page doesn't work or doesn't give you a log-in window, make sure any pop-up blockers in your browser or extensions are disabled, as these can prevent the login window from being brought up
  • If you get a login failed while using the biometric login, the following method may help:
On 2024-02-20 at 1:04 PM, XxNRxx_Deadpool said:

Don’t use the biometric log in. When logging in on Apple press “use different Apple ID” and sign in to by using email and password. It worked for me.

13 minutes ago, XxNRxx_Deadpool said:

Don’t use the biometric log in. When logging in on Apple press “use different Apple ID” and sign in to by using email and password. It worked for me.

Can confirm this did work!!! Thank you 

This isn't working for me either.  When I login with my PC account, clicking "Connect Account" by the Apple logo on the cross-save page just has me log in with my Apple account.  Once I'm logged in with my Apple account, it tells me to log in with my PC account to enable cross save.  I might be missing something, but nothing is getting linked.  I'm just logging in back and forth between the two accounts.

• Like 2

Same as the post above. I've tried using Biometrics and pressing the "use a different Apple ID" button. All that happens is it signs you in to the website using your Apple ID and you have to log out and sign back in to your PC account. At no point does the Apple ID actually link to your PC account

Yeah, same experience here with the accounts endlessly switching back and forth without actually linking up. (For bug squashers’ reference: trying to link a PC account that’s existed since 2019 with an iOS account that’s existed since today. Alias is visually the same on both platforms, idk about ID numbers but those are probably different. The iOS account hasn’t yet finished Vor’s Prize. I’ve been attempting to link accounts in Firefox on an iPad Air)

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue described here. When I log into my PC account on the website and try to press the Apple "Connect Account" button, it prompts me to log in using my Apple ID, which I successfully do using Passkey. After logging in, I'm sent back to the website logged in as my Apple ID, but nothing happened, and it will prompt me to log in using my PC account when I try to link again. It goes in a loop. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wsbeanie said:

I'm having the same issue described here. When I log into my PC account on the website and try to press the Apple "Connect Account" button, it prompts me to log in using my Apple ID, which I successfully do using Passkey. After logging in, I'm sent back to the website logged in as my Apple ID, but nothing happened, and it will prompt me to log in using my PC account when I try to link again. It goes in a loop. 

+1

12 часов назад, AtomicFonz сказал:

This isn't working for me either.  When I login with my PC account, clicking "Connect Account" by the Apple logo on the cross-save page just has me log in with my Apple account.  Once I'm logged in with my Apple account, it tells me to log in with my PC account to enable cross save.  I might be missing something, but nothing is getting linked.  I'm just logging in back and forth between the two accounts.

I have trouble like u. Try use anonymous mode on safari . 

This worked for me this morning when I tried to do it from my iPhone instead of using my PC.  Like others have mentioned, I also couldn’t log in from my phone using biometrics, but the use other account link worked.