The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about the Air Support Charges.

MrDugan

There was a line in the patch notes 

• Fixed Orokin Eye and Kahl Beacon not consuming Air Support Charges.

and...  It was like this for so long that I thought you had done us a solid like you did with archwing launchers and just made them non-consumable.  I see nothing about the change made to archwing launchers that doesn't also apply to Air Support Charges.  An even better argument could be made for Air Support  Charges not being consumable given that they have a fairly lengthy cooldown.  On top of that, there's no x100 bp or anything.  They get made 10 at a time, which is annoying to maintain if you use them a lot.  The cost isn't prohibitive for most players, so it's not like they're some good resource sink.  I'm not complaining because of my poor resource stockpiles getting the tiniest dent in them.  I just don't want to have to be constantly making these things all the time.  

The cooldown on the gear use feels like enough to me, which is why I didn't think this was a bug.  I genuinely thought this was just a change you made because that cooldown really is enough of a limiting factor.  I really think this fix should be not only reverted, but no-cost applied to all Air Support types.  (I had no idea it was just the two, because I only use Orokin Eye these days.)

• Like 6

I think the best thing to do is increase the cost of crafting air support charges, add a 25x blueprint, and substantially lower the cooldown for things like Orokin Eye (Kahl Beacon, Med Tower, and Turret can have a cooldown still).

Tilesets aren't even that big. I would understand the cooldown if we were playing Minecraft, but I don't see how it's a big deal. The stuff you're looking for with these is either a guaranteed spawn (Medallions) or extremely rare (Rare/Reinforced Containers, Sculptures).

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I think the best thing to do is increase the cost of crafting air support charges, add a 25x blueprint, and substantially lower the cooldown for things like Orokin Eye (Kahl Beacon, Med Tower, and Turret can have a cooldown still).

Tilesets aren't even that big. I would understand the cooldown if we were playing Minecraft, but I don't see how it's a big deal. The stuff you're looking for with these is either a guaranteed spawn (Medallions) or extremely rare (Rare/Reinforced Containers, Sculptures).

You saying tilesets aren't even that big while everyone in the WitW feedback forum is losing their minds over how far they have to run is crazy to me.  I don't think they're THAT big either, but I also think that air support charges having just the cooldown and not being consumable felt way better than it did when I started playing.

• Like 3

Weighing in on this: Revert the change and just make all air supports non-consumable. The existing cooldown is enough to limit the feature. They should also do a balance pass over some of the weaker effects, and make them more useful. For example, the Scimitar and Xiphos are both useless. The bombs do no damage, and the turret doesn't scale to the current mission's level. These should both be buffed. Make the bombs do a percentage of the enemy's max health as cinematic damage, and make the turret scale up to the current enemy level plus 10 (like Cosmic Specter, the highest of the four Tenno specters).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3