Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The "100% Stagger" Weapons?

Doforcash

well in Update 10, there's some 100% Stagger Weapon...for example the Reaper Prime 

now the Reaper Prime although got a VERY limited Range, it put up for it useful of Stun-lock any Heavy (that's not Grineer) which is make it balance to all other weapon...

but after the 2.0 Damage...all 100% Stagger weapon lost that Unquiet ability, the Reaper Prime suffer a lot, now having a hard time Reaching for anything + high chance get break combo (since it does not had any killing blow and lack of speed compare to other Prime).

so can we bring back 100% stagger for some weapon plz ?

P.s: not necessary (or ever) increase Impact damage.

Edited by Doforcash

welcome to 2.0 damage. The worst addition to warframe so far.

Or was it the derelicts and necros grind ? I lost my count on how many times DE screwed things up..

Well its is certanly not the last time.

Edited by Unibot

Or was it the derelicts and necros grind ? I lost my count on how many times DE screwed things up..

And yet you keep playing.

not even a week no one listens to DE when they said bare with us for damage 2.0...... oh yeah they fix that in a couple of days.....

imho i dont mind and i  wont worry it will be fixed when it is unliek the mess rockstar produced that still isnt fixed after what nearly a couple of months....

ill wait and be patient like DE asked us to bare with them

Damage 2.0 in U11 was the implementation of the base system; later updates will be the fine tuning. Right now, there are some rather interesting cases (like a flame-thrower not setting people on fire?) since it seems it was a direct conversion of the stun chance to status chance.

We can expect that in the following weeks, there will be adjustments made to the weaponry and perhaps a few traits added to make things work a bit more logically.

What they have right now is a base to expand upon and perfect it; however, it can't be done instantly.

Edited by Wiegraf

Every change ever has been the worst change according to some players. I personally like the derelicts, thought they were a neat addition to the game. The Nekros grind was nowhere near as bad as the grind for almost any other suit in the game. Damage 2.0 has it's flaws but hey, the early game is more fun, more weapons than ever are viable, silly-looking element stacking is gone and weapon builds are a little more interesting than before.

And yet you keep playing.

And even buying plat. Maybe I am a masochist ?

If I am playing something it doesn't mean I have to agree with all the thing dev implement, I have my opinion and I am free to explain it.

You on the other hand are free to roam with the herd.

And even buying plat. Maybe I am a masochist ?

If I am playing something it doesn't mean I have to agree with all the thing dev implement, I have my opinion and I am free to explain it.

You on the other hand are free to roam with the herd.

Sure, "not agree with everything". Tell yourself that.

I do disagree with parts, thus why I'd rather make suggestions and point out specific instances that require improvement, and why.

They'll fix things. Didn't you hear, it's right around the corner.

Damage 2.0 in U11 was the implementation of the base system; later updates will be the fine tuning. Right now, there are some rather interesting cases (like a flame-thrower not setting people on fire?) since it seems it was a direct conversion of the stun chance to status chance.

We can expect that in the following weeks, there will be adjustments made to the weaponry and perhaps a few traits added to make things work a bit more logically.

What they have right now is a base to expand upon and perfect it; however, it can't be done instantly.

*i cry*

thk you, thk u so much ;D, i feel much better now

They just re rolled how damage works in this game and as you can expect it's going to bring in a whole lot of issues with certain weapons which were based on the old damage system. As has been said it will change and get better and more balanced around the new damage system but expect things to not be great while they just introduced it. If you notice something is ridiculously OP now or something else is now literally a NERF gun then report it with intelligent reasoning and helpful evidence and advice that DE can actually use.

not even a week no one listens to DE when they said bare with us for damage 2.0...... oh yeah they fix that in a couple of days.....

imho i dont mind and i  wont worry it will be fixed when it is unliek the mess rockstar produced that still isnt fixed after what nearly a couple of months....

ill wait and be patient like DE asked us to bare with them

They'll fix things. Didn't you hear, it's right around the corner.

And?......Forgive me, but damage 2.0 was supposed to make Warframe 'better' and give a 'new life to the game'...The fact they need to fix so much of it tends to lend to the fact that they were wrong overall and screwed up in a major way. And again, forgive me for being blunt, but a number of the issues, all of which they created, are rather easy fixes....Like...Going in and editing a spread sheet....I mean, just look above, as someone pointed out, we have a flame thrower that doesn't set people on fire....lolwat?

While I'm not going to whine over every little detail, and bare with it, damage 2.0 was a terrible, terrible update, and overall broke the game in a way no other update did....I'm waiting for the next major update where they make it so there's no point in playing at all.

And?......Forgive me, but damage 2.0 was supposed to make Warframe 'better' and give a 'new life to the game'...The fact they need to fix so much of it tends to lend to the fact that they were wrong overall and screwed up in a major way. And again, forgive me for being blunt, but a number of the issues, all of which they created, are rather easy fixes....Like...Going in and editing a spread sheet....I mean, just look above, as someone pointed out, we have a flame thrower that doesn't set people on fire....lolwat?

While I'm not going to whine over every little detail, and bare with it, damage 2.0 was a terrible, terrible update, and overall broke the game in a way no other update did....I'm waiting for the next major update where they make it so there's no point in playing at all.

I'd like you to make a system that works, create several other systems that revolve around that first system, refine the secondary systems to better fit the first one, and then completely rewrite that first system you made, and not have any issues. Also, while being bombarded on all sides by new content that is created from outside your team, orders from your boss, helping your current coworkers, and doing fixes that millions of other people have already asked for ahead of what you are currently being asked to do.

It's not easy. Don't think it is, and give them some slack. They have millions of people yelling at them constantly. I mean, go look at the Warframe Feedback area, and see how long it takes to find a thread for every single warframe. It won't take you that long.

No, you don't understand. It's coming. It's right around the corner. 

^

De's go-to catchphrase. They probably also have a copyright on it. I'm sure it's coming. Right around the corner.

The initial release of Damage 2.0 was primarily to get the base system into the game so that they could start getting player feedback as soon as possible for feedback to provide necessary alterations to the codes. There's only so much the devs can do in their own controlled environments. This game is listed as open beta, after all. It'll be a slow process but many things will be fixed over time. 

The initial release of Damage 2.0 was primarily to get the base system into the game so that they could start getting player feedback as soon as possible for feedback to provide necessary alterations to the codes. There's only so much the devs can do in their own controlled environments. This game is listed as open beta, after all. It'll be a slow process but many things will be fixed over time. 

Sure, but that means they want feedback.

This thread is feedback. Asking "what happened to X?" is in fact very good feedback because it shows three things:

1) People actually miss the the thing you have taken away - thus it did matter.

2) People are confused, so your communication isn't as good as it could be.

3) If the thread gets a lot of responses or up-votes, fixing it might be a thing to prioritize.

The loss of 100% stagger weapons, as well as cold being now an extremely rare proc, rather than a constant if you had it equipped, makes a very big difference to melee survivability, particularly in big packs.

In general proc rates for melees should be much higher, since they do attacks much slower than guns and the added CC of procs would help with the whole "getting clawed in the face" thing. I was so stoked to try that Jaw Sword, and then they nerfed it back to pointless. :(

It is simple:

Stagger was built into certain damage types. U11 removed all those damage types. The same thing happened to Ragdolling; no more Forcefield damage type means no Ragdolling on Kogake charge attacks.

I'm quite angry over it, tbh.

This is probably the thing i miss the most from Damage 1.0 (That and Cold always having a slowing effect).

Imo certain weapons should have 100% stagger. Their Impact proc could then instead be a knockdown-effect (like a single target Blast-effect). The weapons that should have these things should at the very least be all the melee weapons and all the Bows. Then I would be quite happy.

And honestly, this sounds weird, but... I miss that Runners staggers you >_>