Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 4 - New Lotus

[DE]George

Sorry if this has been asked, but are you presently working on an in-game character model? It would be awesome to meet/see her in person, instead of always as a 2d face popping up in the corner. Even just a Loki-decoy styled hologram of her appearing during the demo or mastery tests or other important interactions with her would be cool.

I really love the new sound bits and dialogue, but I like the fact that there are 3-4 different Lotus voices. Especially when, in events and such, the different Lotus are talking one after another. It feels like each Tenno has their own Lotus to lead them through missions...

Please keep the lines involving... "...extraction team(s)"  This could have potential... to see friendly AI... soldier tenno/tenno sympathisers looking after the cryopod.

*sticks hands out at cryopod* instead of just leaving it there! wide out in the open! XD

ok man you definitely need to fix the weird corpus voice AFTER i blew grineer head off in a grineer extermination WHEN there is no corpus, seriously it keeps me wondering if there's a ghost behind me and should i turn around or not.

Oh yea, and please fix the "Heavy grineers approaching" when im on a freaking corpus outpost, seriously made me wonder if the faction invasion thing is a good idea since you can get a grineer napalm on some random low level mission, my cell (Rank 1,1,0,7)

met 3 napalm in a group while on a corpus outpost (Difficulty 1, Extermination, Level range 3-5), please move the possible faction invasions to more higher level planets and not Venus. (I had to revive them 7 time in a row -.-)

Edited by AlonzoDiza

De always seems to introduce a member of the DE team we never heard of. Still looking forward to a credits reel. Back on topic though.

Glad Lotus is getting a huge update. Also I remember somewhere not sure if it was livestream, or a post, but I remember DE mentioning somewhere that Lotus has an angry voice, and that we haven't heard it yet. Now that! I am looking forward to still.

People think the originial Lotus clips were too "valley girl?"

Geez, and here I felt they gave off a chilling vibe of "gleeful morbid interest as she directs her bionic space ninja pawns across the battlefield and watches hapless cargo vessel crewmen get torn to pieces by them" which complimented her status as a mysterious omnipresent AI(?) in a positively enrapturing way.  I thought they were more 'personal' that way too, more "Cortana with a hint of GLaDOS" rather than the new "the voicemail recording when you call someone's spaceship" style.  I fell in love with it when I first started playing the game sometime before update 8.

But hey, maybe that's just me?

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

Hi everyone,

Just an update:  we have finished the editing process and we are now starting to hook up the new lines in the game engine.  Once that is completed, we will be re-recording a few that have recently changed.  Then we move onto fixing bugs!

Maybe having lotus tell us the weak points of bosses? Clues like: you won't be able to damage krill much when his shield generator is still functional. Or: Ruk is heavily armored, but his extensive weaponry and modifications need to cool off, strike then!

Would give a bit of insight as to how to beat bosses for newbies for one, and make her more helpful than just background noise.

It would help a lot with new Tenno who are unaware of the boss's hidden weaknesses, my friend wasted all of his revives trying to kill Ruk because of his temporary invincibility xD 

good stuff, should be redone to make it uniform across the board. The audio itself is one aspect, the lines really could use changing as well. 'overhaulting security' has never sat well with me or the group i play with. Triggers seem a bit wonky as well and should be reviewed. For example:

currently on defenses -

everyone claims and exits, we get a 'next wave incoming' type audio clip before exit, sometimes even spawns!

currently on exterminates-

after killing the last enemy lotus ALWAYS warns of more approaching targets that just don't exist, because they're all dead.

these are just a couple examples, i'm sure there are more.

So while making the voice clips more uniform is indeed a great thing for the overall asthetic consistency of the game- the triggers and phrases could really use some TLC as well. I'm hoping the sound guys will work with the LUA guys to get both the sounds and clips sorted and rolled out at the same time. =3

Frankly I play solo a lot, unless there's an alert I don't want to risk failing. I think of Lotus as more of an OS for the Warframe armor and I'd rather have happy valley girl Lotus chatting in my ear about the incoming Grineer than cold lifeless Lotus. Additionally, I would rather have valley girl Lotus than Alad V voiceover Lotus YELLING in my ear. Having those few lines played back at a higher volume is really jarring guys...

Over 300 lines ? 

"This is Sparta" must be one of them :O

*lands on Phobos*

Lotus: "THIS IS SPARTA! *clears throat* I mean... Be on the look out for Grineer".

Ash: "What is sparta?"

Lotus: "Unimportant, cause... It's The Grineer"

Ash: "GAH NOT AGAIN!"

Lotus: "Loki did you know Ash was origonally a woman named Ninja?"

Loki: "His moodyness is now revealed.....*Switch Teleports with Ash just to mess with him*"

Nova: "*giggles*"

Valkyr: "giggle again... and I will punch you *semi sedistic evil glare*"

Nova: "Sorry... Their just so funny when they play hide and go seek"

Above is an example of what would be a good day on Phobos while killling Grinner :D